Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

feminst mental breakdown over some nobody blueshirt on twitter calling policitans stupid bitches Etc .

complete LOLfest.

:D

There are not enough women in frontline politics and the dail.

Those that are in seem to get far more personalise abuse than a lot of the males.

There is a hell of a lot of abusive name calling on twitter and I certainly am not amused that it comes from a senior member of a government party. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

feminst mental breakdown over some nobody blueshirt on twitter calling policitans stupid bitches Etc .

complete LOLfest.

:D

He's (somehow) a member of their national executive. I genuinely thought he was just some rabid supporter. Always seems to be going on about "vile women" and "bitches". Sounds like his tone needs to be policed, because he sure as hell isn't doing the anti-choice side any favours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Did Paul Reynolds just give out the RTE producers home county?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,356 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Can’t beat a bit of Pugwash :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Can’t beat a bit of Pugwash :)

In that interview Sean asked Thomas why they were going to London to launch the album and Thomas replied that it was because they were being offered the chance to play there, adding that over here musicians in a lot of cases had to pay to play. Or words to that effect anyway. Thought it would at least have begged a follow up question from Sean, but he went a different tack. Very curious to know what Thomas was trying to get at there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Ridiculous carry on this. I'd regard myself as having a reasonable interest in politics and the whole McCabe saga just makes me switch off at this stage. It has no relevance at this stage to the average Irish citizen. Already we hear those who want to have an election and willing to use this to facilitate it, pulling away from the matter and focusing on housing and health etc. Just like they brought down northern politics on the facile basis of a few bags of wooden pellets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

BarryD2 wrote: »
    Ridiculous carry on this. I'd regard myself as having a reasonable interest in politics and the whole McCabe saga just makes me switch off at this stage. It has no relevance at this stage to the average Irish citizen. Already we hear those who want to have an election and willing to use this to facilitate it, pulling away from the matter and focusing on housing and health etc. Just like they brought down northern politics on the facile basis of a few bags of wooden pellets.

would that be sinn feinn your talking about? not listening to the show but sounds like the drivel been spouted on morning ireland by a shinner

Sean showing his colours this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Abject cynicism Mary Lou jumping to the defence of the Guards ... but I guess a General Election would see her coronation (in the national interest, of course!) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"She travelled on a plane from America to Ireland"

She was hardly going to take the boat, Regina

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

lol This wan BEGGING for no election. What she afraid of? Whats the problem? Ain't the place on the up and up?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    lol This wan BEGGING for no election. What she afraid of? Whats the problem? Ain't the place on the up and up?

Nothing will be done for months if there's an election, not that they do much anyway. I suppose it would give the public an opportunity to throw a few of them out of their cushy seats :)

buried wrote: »

Reminicent of Gerry Collins when they were shafting Charlie.

Distinct note of relief in Sean's voice there as he announces the 11 o'clock news!

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Did Michael just call Sean "taoiseach...."

Think so, he's obviously flustered! Called him John as well I think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Sean showed colours in his interview with James Delingpole. When Delingpole claimed that the establishment liberal media ( he included RTE) had a hissy fit over Trump and Brexit Sean went on to prove the point by constant interruption and by not letting his guest speak. Am I surprised. Bet he wouldn't have treated Sheik Halawa that way.

quintana76 wrote: »
    Sean showed colours in his interview with James Delingpole. When Delingpole claimed that the establishment liberal media ( he included RTE) had a hissy fit over Trump and Brexit Sean went on to prove the point by constant interruption and by not letting his guest speak. Am I surprised. Bet he wouldn't have treated Sheik Halawa that way.

RTE and the Irish media were more upset then the American news stations that Trump got in, sure they still bleat on about him everyday looking for some angle of attack

Who will front the Sinn Fein election campaign? And what face on their election posters? Did they think further than the next newsbite?

Surely someone needs to take a very serious look at the operation of the Dept of Justice - it's beginning to look like a state within a state

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

starting to think everyones AFRAID to.

i mean if they can do what they did to a cop, what the fup would they do to joe soap?

• Advertisement

Richard Boyd Barrett is suddenly a fan of the E.U. - wonders will never cease!! :)

Richard Boyd Barrett is suddenly a fan of the E.U. - wonders will never cease!! :)

RBB is a big mouth and not much more :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Colm O'Gorman goin Mad that he's been rumbled getting gosh off sorros for the abortion campaign.

:)

Colm O'Gorman goin Mad that he's been rumbled getting gosh off sorros for the abortion campaign.

:)
    He doth protest too much. Comes across as a blowhard and a bully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,753 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I find it very hard to hold any sympathy for O’Gorman on anything.

Comes across as an extremely unlikable person.

I find it very hard to hold any sympathy for O’Gorman on anything.

Comes across as an extremely unlikable person.
    Sean O'Rourke should have made more of an effort to stop his aggressive rants. It was meant to be a debate. I would say he was allowed to talk down the clock for 90% of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭elperello

As a neutral I thought neither of the two gentlemen carried themselves very well in the "debate".

quintana76 wrote: »
    Sean O'Rourke should have made more of an effort to stop his aggressive rants. It was meant to be a debate. I would say he was allowed to talk down the clock for 90% of the time.

Unfortunately O’Gorman got poor Sean on the back foot by disparaging his introductory speech.

It was like puncturing two large windbags when Sean pulled the plug on the ‘debate’.

Not nice people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I would have liked to have heard a proper debate.
    I don't like Quinn but wanted to hear him. O'Gorman's way of debating is to shout over and interrupt everyone.
    SOR did a very poor job of chairing it.

i dont like ogorman or quinn and this morning sounded like 2 kids squabbling and shouting in class as the teacher tried to find out facts but couldnt get a word in edgeways.

• Advertisement

I would have liked to have heard a proper debate.
    I don't like Quinn but wanted to hear him. O'Gorman's way of debating is to shout over and interrupt everyone.
    SOR did a very poor job of chairing it.

Quinn & Co usual "style" is to shout down, speak over people & constantly interrupt so maybe O'Gorman decided to play him at his own game so to speak! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Callan57 wrote: »
    Quinn & Co usual "style" is to shout down, speak over people & constantly interrupt so maybe O'Gorman decided to play him at his own game so to speak! :rolleyes:
    So nobody heard anything except shouting?? Not the way to debate.
    There were no winners because we didn't get to hear any facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Would love to hear Ronan Mullen & Colm O'Gorman have a debate live on radio. Two of the most vitriolic pig-headed personalities I can think of. Maybe have John McGuirk on as well.

Comhra wrote: »
    Would love to hear Ronan Mullen & Colm O'Gorman have a debate live on radio. Two of the most vitriolic pig-headed personalities I can think of. Maybe have John McGuirk on as well.

Eh………nooo thanks.

During the TV review John Boland had the temerity to criticise Nathan Carter's generic voice. He was soon put in his place. He must have forgotten he was on RTE where NC is the current flavour of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

neris wrote: »
    i dont like ogorman or quinn and this morning sounded like 2 kids squabbling and shouting in class as the teacher tried to find out facts but couldnt get a word in edgeways.

Funny how the removal of the apostrophe makes him seem like a comic book character. "I am OGORMAN!!" :)

Can't stand the guy myself, personally I consider him to be the worst kind of opportunist and intolerant individual. Everyone who disagrees with him is not just holding a bad opinion, they are a bad person in his eyes too.

Amnesty Ireland used (at least it seemed to me) to be an organisation attempting to stick up for human rights in a general sense. It seems more recently they are less about that and more a leftist mouthpiece purely on the feminist issue of the day and pro-Islam issues (to the extreme end of the scales).

Amnesty should drop this guy, he's toxic. He, like a few others, e.g. Katherine Zappone, seem to be given a free pass from certain sections of the media purely because he was one of the central players of the gay marriage referendum.

Declan O'Rourke may make up grand songs but wonder what school he went to if he was oblivious to the famine? Until his 'Road to Damascus' moment. Maybe he didn't pay much attention in school but I seem to recall that the famine was one of the subjects, along with 1916, most covered.

As for comparing the wretched condition of the poor in the 1840s to the conditions of the modern day 'homeless' in hotel rooms and direct provision, that's just plain and utter hyperbole. Very poor from S'OR.

ligerdub wrote: »
    Funny how the removal of the apostrophe makes him seem like a comic book character. "I am OGORMAN!!" :)

Can't stand the guy myself, personally I consider him to be the worst kind of opportunist and intolerant individual. Everyone who disagrees with him is not just holding a bad opinion, they are a bad person in his eyes too.

Amnesty Ireland used (at least it seemed to me) to be an organisation attempting to stick up for human rights in a general sense. It seems more recently they are less about that and more a leftist mouthpiece purely on the feminist issue of the day and pro-Islam issues (to the extreme end of the scales).

Amnesty should drop this guy, he's toxic. He, like a few others, e.g. Katherine Zappone, seem to be given a free pass from certain sections of the media purely because he was one of the central players of the gay marriage referendum.

Amnesty International used to be a fine and worthy (in the good sense) organisation. It has now been infected by the virus of PC and anti Western relativism. It should have remembered it's original credo and have been neutral about politics. Sadly this is no more. It has now just become another leftist/ liberal propaganda outlet. It has very strongly taken a side. It wasn't meant to be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Declan O'Rourke may make up grand songs but wonder what school he went to if he was oblivious to the famine? Until his 'Road to Damascus' moment. Maybe he didn't pay much attention in school but I seem to recall that the famine was one of the subjects, along with 1916, most covered.

As for comparing the wretched condition of the poor in the 1840s to the conditions of the modern day 'homeless' in hotel rooms and direct provision, that's just plain and utter hyperbole. Very poor from S'OR.

Not sure of the timeframe but he did spend a lot of his early life in Australia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Christy Moore... OFF!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,563 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

citykat wrote: »
    Christy Moore... OFF!
    In my case - Christy Moore - never switched on!

For the first Moving Hearts album alone, I am glad of Christy Moore’s existence. Still one of the best Irish records ever released imho.

Christy is a great performer,but like Mick Wallace at the building trade, got a bit opinionated and strident.

That’s fine for the ordinary Joe, but if you are in the public eye and trying to make a living being by appealing to the widest sector of opinion you can, it’s disastrous.

You alienate a large swath of people who like your music but can’t stand your attitude.

Stick to the day job Kit, that’s what you are good at, others can handle the bleeding heart gig.

Too much regulation in the banks, this chap is saying. Remove the shackles, let them at it and we will be great again. Simples.

This one deserves to be going out of business. Unwilling to change or modernise. Whinging and whining that it's everyone else's fault just makes you look like a tit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

neris wrote: »
    This one deserves to be going out of business. Unwilling to change or modernise. Whinging and whining that it's everyone else's fault just makes you look like a tit

She sounded shockingly entitled, and I don't understand how anybody with that attitude could have survived in business for so long. The egg sandwich analogy was laughable...

She sounded shockingly entitled, and I don't understand how anybody with that attitude could have survived in business for so long. The egg sandwich analogy was laughable...

Even though I have a Kindle I still buy lots of physical books & I love bookshops but I really wouldn't be in any hurry to visit this lady's shop ... To me she came across as a pompous and unpleasant womam & not at all welcoming. I think her problem is closer to home than she might care to admit :rolleyes:

You could tell how utterly distasteful the idea of selling secondhand books was to her when Sean posed the question as she hummed and hawed her answer, obviously not wanting to spell it out directly.

There was one of those shops here in Sligo too. I went in a few times and asked about books and he wouldn't bother his ass looking them up on the computer. If I wanted something by Yeats, he'd have it no problem, at a premium price. I'd then go to Easons and get it within two days if they didn't have it in stock.

He's closed down now too.

S'OR not at his best this morning with the women. Fairly put his foot in it with a rather brutal opening introduction to Una Butler, I'm sure she would have preferred not to hear his tabloid style into about her husband strangling her daughters. Insensitive at best.

Followed by a very spikey attitude towards Catherine Noone on article 43.3 etc., at least we know where O'Rourke's sympathies lie. Why can't he just interview someone in a neutral manner? It's their views which are important, regardless of what they are and not his. At least Catherine put him back in his box with her observation about men not giving birth :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement