Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

How long has Des Cahill being a broadcaster. Surely long enough to know to clear his throat before coming on air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

fcuk sake, is that was passes as "newsworthy" now a days

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

neris wrote: »

It's the thorough, detailed investigation that makes it newsworthy...

Its the daily edge for gods sake.

Also a normal day in my beloved home, yes, the road is most likely in ****e :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

It’s totally crazy that this stuff is allowed to continue.

There has to be vested interest involved in this underclass screwing the taxpayer week after week.

Who are they, I wonder.

Prison holds no fear for these people, only one thing will work.

Hit them in the pocket.

The vested interest is the legal system itself, specifically free legal aid.

Judges and court officials move in the same social circles as solicitors so the entire thing is "I scratch your back, you scratch mine".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

lawlolawl wrote: »

Judges and court officials move in the same social circles as solicitors so the entire thing is "I scratch your back, you scratch mine".

.. and drag it out for as long as you can while the meter keeps ticking & the fool of a taxpayer keeps paying!

Paddy you bleedin ghoul you :eek:

Hanging round graveyards for valentines day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,755 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

lawlolawl wrote: »

Exactly as I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭serfboard

Anyone hear the debate today about one-off housing?

Fianna Fail TD Cutehoor O'Gombeen (surprisingly not his real name, but I didn't bother committing it to memory) from Cork was debating with Frank "Bungalow Blitz" McDonald formerly of The Irish Times.

McDonald was very poor IMO, and O'Gombeen was easily able to counter his points. When the FF TD was saying about people living in one-off houses in the country, all McDonald had to say was: "Where do they work, and how do they get to work?" but he couldn't manage it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

serfboard wrote: »

Fianna Fail TD Cutehoor O'Gombeen (surprisingly not his real name, but I didn't bother committing it to memory) from Cork was debating with Frank "Bungalow Blitz" McDonald formerly of The Irish Times.

McDonald was very poor IMO, and O'Gombeen was easily able to counter his points. When the FF TD was saying about people living in one-off houses in the country, all McDonald had to say was: "Where do they work, and how do they get to work?" but he couldn't manage it.

Came away thinking I don't want to live in the country or a city....

serfboard wrote: »

I felt McDonald was arrogant and insulting ... and I happen to agree with him! The problem with one off housing is not farmers sons and daughters but the "city slickers" wanting a country residence & then using it for two or three weeks a year. No addition to any community.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

This vegan dose seems to think profit is evil.

#goplantsandbeans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭elperello

98% vs. 2%

Dairy industry hardly needed to send out their hitwoman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Lesley needs to take the references to trade unions off his CV. Then he might have a chance of getting a job, as opposed to being seen as a troublemaker.

Poor David is going to hyperventilate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Interviewed Eileen Paisley. Eileen said that Arlene should have stood down temporarily at the time of the frisis. Wonder what the boards shinnerbots have to retort?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

This lad from the rsa is worse than useless , he's dangerous !

"the M50 is fine, it's been fine all morning. Well actually let me just clarify that, there's been loads of accidents!"
    :-)

and the trucks are having problems getting up the slip roads
    "the M50 is fine, it's been fine all morning. Well actually let me just clarify that, there's been loads of accidents!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Anton Savage on with Sean again. I can see him getting a gig with RTE sometime in the future maybe since he was let slip through todayfms fingers. A bad move on their part in my opinion. I feel he should still be there.

...................dare I say some kind of show in D'arcys slot? LOL!

• Advertisement

I said before that I always thought that RTE should have got Anton Savage for that slot in the afternoon instead of D'Arcy. I don't care about his family relationships or perceived conflicts of interest, he certainly wouldn't have had as many issues with the BAI as the self righteous, opinionated, populist D'Arcy.

and the trucks are having problems getting up the slip roads
    I remember when he used to work as Safety Officer on the Titanic.... "Calm down everybody, the ship is abolutely fine..... well, except for the 300 foot gash in the side of hull."

Reminds me of the famous quote from Floyd Patterson after the heavyweight fight with Charles ‘Sonny’ Liston

In the first round after neither boxer throwing a punch just ducking and diving Liston suddenly unloaded and poor Floyd was knocked cold.

Interviewed afterwards his comment was” I was doin fine till he hit me”!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

jimmyw wrote: »
    Anton Savage on with Sean again. I can see him getting a gig with RTE sometime in the future maybe since he was let slip through todayfms fingers. A bad move on their part in my opinion. I feel he should still be there.

...................dare I say some kind of show in D'arcys slot? LOL!
    I’m not a fan but heard a recent podcast on the SOR show re The Book of Quantum-he was quite funny about a very unfunny topic

the Minister trying to spin The u turn on the fuel allowance.... good fine gael pedigree .

Oops69 wrote: »
    the Minister trying to spin The u turn on the fuel allowance.... good fine gael pedigree .
    Even though I can't stand Regina Doherty, I thought she did a good job in spinning it - there is a certain logic in saying that you're not going to say you're going to do something until you're sure you can do it.

Mind you, she did mention IT staff, and whenever I hear a politician mention either IT or the Constitution, I'm very suspect of what follows.

No way buddy.

Lass did the right thing, don’t shoot off your mouth before you have done the spadework.

What punters have gotten used to is people like Murphy,Coppinger, Barry and co.
    just horsing out ‘solutions’ and having to do nothing to implement their ‘promises.’except screw the taxpayer.

We all need to cop on and see things as they really are,things have to be paid for,things have to be organized,funded, distributed,recorded and justified.

Something people like Mick Barry and co. have no experience in.

Cop on folk, don’t be led by the nose by the easy solution populist mob.

No way buddy.

Lass did the right thing, don’t shoot off your mouth before you have done the spadework.

What punters have gotten used to is people like Murphy,Coppinger, Barry and co.
    just horsing out ‘solutions’ and having to do nothing to implement their ‘promises.’except screw the taxpayer.

We all need to cop on and see things as they really are,things have to be paid for,things have to be organized,funded, distributed,recorded and justified.

Something people like Mick Barry and co. have no experience in.

Cop on folk, don’t be led by the nose by the easy solution populist mob.

are you that blinkered in the brain washed very little world you live in that you cant recognise spin?.... BUDDY

are you that blinkered in the brain washed very little world you live in that you cant recognise spin?.... BUDDY .

No.

I just understand how things work in the real world, not some kind of Utopia a lot of people seem to dwell in.

No.

I just understand how things work in the real world, not some kind of Utopia a lot of people seem to dwell in.

The "real world" is always quoted against people working for a world in which things are better.

I would take my chances with Thomas More any day rather than throw in my lot with Henry the Eighth.

• Advertisement

Serious "real world" situation for this lady and her child here.

Needs wheel chair for the young lad.

But there wont be the same outcry there was for the fuel allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Every bride to be in Ireland has been on RTE at some stage this week.

Jesus

I think that Sean O'Rourke is excellent broadcaster. I'd put him ahead of Pat Kenny at this stage. He has a great sense of humour and doesn't take himself too seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Very hard to argue with the farmer's wife here. No wonder irish Water guy didn't want to engage directly with her

sweet suffering jesus what the eck is she waffling on about

sweet suffering jesus what the eck is she waffling on about

Here have a read

https://www.kennedyanalysis.com/

I think you will find very little waffle.

elperello wrote: »
    Here have a read

https://www.kennedyanalysis.com/

I think you will find very little waffle.

Id love to have heard a couple of engineers who knew their stuff discuss it.

The Engineers Ireland guy was hopeless and she was a lawyer with an agenda.

oh great just what we need, another mcaleese in public office to speak down to us little plebs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

oh great just what we need, another mcaleese in public office to speak down to us little plebs

Another snout in the trough!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Another snout in the trough!

Indeed.

I caught a lot of today's show and it was better/more varied than usual.
    I like Sean O'Rourke but I find this show has fallen into the pit of a lot of RTE current affairs. Way too much time is given to public sector topics.

RTE is like Public Sector News by the public sector for the public sector. From teacher's conferences, union pay negotiations, GRA disgruntlement etc. All the gov and gov quango job issues and problems get huge coverage.

I miss Sean from the 1 O'Clock news. He'd time to prepare better on early news reports, get a good killer dig in and in 45 minutes the show (if I remember correctly) covered more issues national and international. It strayed more often from pulling fluff from the belly button of the public sector than the 1 O'Clock news does now.

10-12, 1-1.45, 4.30-7 on R1 is like an in-house bulletin board for the civil service.

Sean's show could do with a pulling it's head out it's own arse a bit more often.

Correct Humber, and I notice the females on R1 in my opinion, ‘hardening up’ on this’ Me too’ stuff.

I notice Mary Wilson and Àine Lalor in particular getting very ‘bolshy’ on these subjects.

Seem the seem to be very anxious to go to bat when the subject comes.

Now don’t bother replying to abuse me, I’m fully for women’s rights and fair treatment but these two in particular seem to have kinda ‘elected themselves’ as the ‘attack dogs’ on this stuff

I was going to text in the following: "Are ye going to give every other potential local/general election candidate the same amount of free airtime on the National Airwaves?", but kept holding off becuase I thought to myself - he'll surely finish up with this waffler now.

But no, he didn't. He kept going with the softly softly interview with a person with political aspirations.

Terrible carry-on.

Sons of/daughters of/grandchildren of definitely get treated differently.

And then they wonder why people are pissed off about inequality? :mad:

Irelands one and only MEP Bluffer Hayes getting airtime again

so mary mcaleese is coming up monday live in studio with sean. wonder did the conversation for booking her go something along the lines of

"id be delighted to go on seans show next monday but you wouldnt do me a favour 1st would ya? "

"and what would that be mary?"

"the young fellas trying to get into politics so you wouldnt give him an easy interview just to boost his profile ye know ai"

"we have a slot free on Thursday hes more then welcome to come in and fill"

"grand thing i,ll send him for thursday, just remember dont let sean go to hard on him"

"No problem Mary we,ll see you next Monday so"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jesus, Ruby only broke his leg. You'd think he was after being killed the way they're going on.

• Advertisement

sligojoek wrote: »
    Jesus, Ruby only broke his leg. You'd think he was after being killed the way they're going on.

turned out when i heard moany hole coppinger then turned back into to hear a beard representing the "Wurkers" so turned off for the day but the whole Ruby thing is been done to death across all the media so no surprise that rte are making it out like a death & national loss

I'm sure Ruby and Ted are nice lads,but both are a bit 'gobby' for this poster.

I'm sure Ruby and Ted are nice lads,but both are a bit 'gobby' for this poster.

Those jockeys are fair tough in fairness .... compared with say acting perfarmances of football prima donnas

Callan57 wrote: »
    Those jockeys are fair tough in fairness .... compared with say acting perfarmances of football prima donnas

Don't like either of them personality-wise, and I've no interest in horse racing but it boils down to two things for me.

1. I have huge respect for Ruby Walsh for what he's achieved and how brave he is.
    2. I have no respect for Ted Walsh after the carry on with Foxrock and the horseshoes. The fact that he got away with this proves that the sport is as corrupt as everybody suspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Can't stand those weekly gatherings. They seem to be a common exercise in groupthink. It seems to be an environment in which guests of normally differing opinions sink to the lowest common denominator of sanctimosity. No one wants to say anything controversial. Makes them very pointless as the initial discussion brief is soon forgotten and they all agree (normally with the leftie) in order to sound more caring.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement