Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armed and dangerous IRELAND.

Options
  • 27-08-2013 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

What I hear you say.

Tv3 at 22:00hrs

Some investigator infiltrates the Irish black market selling guns and explosives. Ill prob watch it not expecting much but might be interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

What I hear you say.

Tv3 at 22:00hrs

Some investigator infiltrates the Irish black market selling guns and explosives. Ill prob watch it not expecting much but might be interesting.

It's probably a repeat of the ****e that was on earlier on in the year. Infiltrates the black market my hole. If it's the same programme, the reporter tries to buy a machete in an army surplus store and a stun gun somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Ha ha ha lord jasus I hope its not that ****e going on anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Repeat.

I seen that program and it was a sorry excuse for reporting. Buying a Bear Grylls knife, talking to "hard men", etc, etc. All speculation, third hand info, and sensationalist journalism to fill any gaps.

Watch Sons of Guns instead. Still crap but more entertaining.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Absolutely pathetic... Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

The slating of yer man at the end giving out about how guns can be had at 16 in this country and held at 14.

**** YOU. The father goes.. I mean. sure aren't we all criminals us firearms holders..

Licensed vetted holders... Stupid Cnut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Here my views.

First time I've seen it so.

Gun crime is a real and serious problem for the nation. But why always bring up the registered firearms holders. Who are not all good OK there will always be the horror story's of people snapping and god forgive me for saying it but suicide. This will still happen just as much as it will still happen with cars, motorbikes, knifes, fires, work place accidents, drink and believe me i could go on.
    but we go to all the effort to have our sporting tool spend endless amounts of money on them and associated equipment. The more endless hours setting them up cleaning them walking the fields in wind and rain very early morning late evenings and when other people genuinely couldn't care because there still in bed.

The problem I see isn't legislation is these flutes referencing the legislation when talking about criminals. If they only applied for a license just purely to see what is involved and the time it takes. I don't know any guard or RFD that will bend the rules they will definitely advise you and point you in the right direction.

Then comparing a referencing to legally held firearms when he walks into 2
    CAMPING shops and buys a knife or machete like lord jasus come on lads. What about the cylinders of gas and lighters the tent pens the snow And ice picks the hexy tabs and alot more other stuff that you can use your brain for that could be just as dangerous as that beer can your man had all lad that drink are they gonna start taring them now with the same brush.

Useing phrase like double taps etc come on two in the head that's not even a double tap. That's stupid useing these phrases and giving these flutes a chance to scare and be on telly thinking there the real deal.

On all there statistics about firearms holders I never once heard them say how many farmers own gun and have them in the locker for years never to take them out. I'd say that would take up alot of the numbers. Do they realise in buying a firearm for sport in this country it costs money time and effort. It's not done on a whim. And you are vetted, they do make you have some sort of training (****e or not).

How did they even get the number of unregistered firearms there are. Are these the firearms that they lost the paper work to when the change over of the license came in. I'd say we have all heard of someone that never renewed there license and still have there gun. But they don't use it never touch it and aren't bother because there afraid its another 50 euro to hand it in ( irresponsible yes , criminals no I don't think so ).

I have to say the thing about the beer can tore in half was an eye opener.

Anyway this has been discussed so many times here and its not going to make a difference. I said I'd just share my thoughts since I posted about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Trash, The " expert criminologist" is a clown, Used to lecture in Law and didnt last too long at it! Loads of waving an Airsoft Glock and survival knives around, They didnt make much of an issue when they mentioned the minute amount of legally held firearms involved in crimes!! Brushed it off for more sensationalism, Vast majority of illegal firearms came in with drugs from overseas,

I can remember getting my first licence at 16 and it wasnt just a case of buying a shotgun amd walking out with it that day, The time and reasoning involved isnt taken into account when this crap is made!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

As usual with these programmes,rubbish sensationalism.There isnt a undercover reporter worth the name in this country that has either the balls or the knowledge to know how to do an undercover illegal gun buy here,or would have the contacts either.What any competant crime reporter should have is good underworld intell and contacts
    So of course they will have to go "undercover" to buy a knife or machete[Read POS in this case.]Or God help us an airsoft.
    Unfortuneatly to Joe and Jane Mouthbreather out there whose knowledge of firearms is from Hollywood .These programmes just instill more bias and fears.:mad:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,734 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Never good to have high expectations of these sort of programmes on Irish TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Never good to have high expectations of these sort of programmes on Irish TV

Tv3 is to irish television what the sun and the star are to irish newspapers, beer, boobs and football, you never go bankrupt appealling to the lowest common denominator. To expect anything else is delusionary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I've learned from that programme that it's the 14 year olds with a bolt action rifle that I've to look out for. :rolleyes:

Criminologist - me hole. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement