Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get on meeting members of the opposite sex on nights out?

• 27-08-2013 8:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

I find it hard to get anywhere, not easy to chat someone up. Then there's some snobby women who just ignore you when you try and talk to them. Not easy to forget rejection and move onto the next when sober.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

I find it hard to get anywhere, not easy to chat someone up. Then there's some snobby women who just ignore you when you try and talk to them. Not easy to forget rejection and move onto the next when sober.

This is what I will find the hardest I think. I wasn't the best when drunk, never mind sober.

I can only hope that at 24 years of age, I will be a lot more mature than when I was 17-18 and I can actually you know...be an adult and just get on with a woman.

I'll probably die alone in a wooden hut in the mountains mind you, repeating United songs to myself for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Corvo wrote: »
    This is what I will find the hardest I think. I wasn't the best when drunk, never mind sober.

I can only hope that at 24 years of age, I will be a lot more mature than when I was 17-18 and I can actually you know...be an adult and just get on with a woman.

I'll probably die alone in a wooden hut in the mountains mind you, repeating United songs to myself for years.

Yes you and wayne rooney :D;)

On the OP topic its self ,At the start for me I went out for meals and the the like where drinking wasent the main concern,There are many people out there drinkers and non drinkers who love that, This new life will all take time don't fret to much it will change for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭JonBon27

I found since i stopped it has gotten me more attention and easier with women. Usually because im apologizing for one of my mates making a tit of himself with them which is usually followe with the questions 'are you the only normal one out of your friends'.. only if she knew the half of it:) anyways let the drunk mates do the ground work for you. I can tell you one thing for sure they find a sober bloke far more appealling than some drunken idiot talking pony...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

JonBon27 wrote: »
    I found since i stopped it has gotten me more attention and easier with women. Usually because im apologizing for one of my mates making a tit of himself with them which is usually followe with the questions 'are you the only normal one out of your friends'.. only if she knew the half of it:) anyways let the drunk mates do the ground work for you. I can tell you one thing for sure they find a sober bloke far more appealling than some drunken idiot talking pony...

I will require proof of this first JonBon27.

Life experience has told me that the arsehole of the group always gets the woman.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭CastingCouch

JonBon27 wrote: »

Tbh I have a problem even trying to make headway with a girl in front of friends. Nothing to do with them at all whatsoever, just me. I dunno, I feel embarassed that I think I'd have a chance with them or something. Something like that.

I never know what to say to them anyways, drunk people always have something stupid to say. :P

• Advertisement

I find it easier to meet and chat up guys sober than drunk. You know what you're talking about and you remember the conversation, and the connection is more meaningful than a drunken fancy. That usually means I end up chatting up the one sober guy in the bar, but that in itself is a connection!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

I found Irish girls in a drinking environment, if they are into you, get defensive and stop drinking themselves. I've asked few why and they say "Oh, you're not drinking and I don't want to make a fool of myself".
    That's just my own experience.

Advertisement