Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd year Music Tech through direct application, help?

Options
  • 27-08-2013 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Ok so i got accepted into 2nd year of music technology in LIT back in may and i got my student number and log in and stuff, but since then no more letters and i am supposed to be starting on the 16th of september.

So should i expect another letter before the start date?

Or do i just show up on the 16th and find out where to go myself?

Any other 2nd years starting their first year in LIT?

I have no idea what to do, anybody else the same situation as me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jeuneespoire

I think they send out details quite late so be patient ;) I'm going into first year on that and only just got my details yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

OP how did you get into second year? I have downloaded the form for requesting entry to second year of this course but am wondering what sort of previous experience did you have to be able to skip first year?

I've done a level 5 FETAC in media production and am currently finishing up a FETAC level 6 in Advanced Production so am thinking it might be possible for me to skip first year, i've got a pretty good handle on some of the stuff covered in Year 1..

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭peppy123

well I went to sound training centre in dublin for a year and had those qualifications already so it was easy to jump from that into second year, also done a fetac 5 on radio inbetween those, if you have some background in recording studios or music in general it shouldnt be too hard to skip 1st year since your doing fetac 6. :)

Advertisement