Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Headford road huge fire :(

Options
  • 27-08-2013 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

The car dismantlers on the curragh line headford road is currently on fire.... Very sad for the owners and hope everyone there is ok... The fire is huge and people are pulling over on the road to look, making the area very dangerous.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Very big fire. Could be seen from the city. Picture on the Advertiser Facebook. Hope the owners get the place running again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xavier8228

<No rumours as to who caused it please.
    Once an official statement is made it can be discussed but speculation isn't ok.>

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

passed it last night, Huge plume of black smoke heading in towards the city. There was a big tailback of traffic with usual rubberneckers and then saw people parking on the other side of the road and the same side of the road as the fire to watch! The smoke that was coming from it looked lethal

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Those people should have got a fine IMHO.... It is a dangerous stretch of road at the best of times... The smoke did look lethal though, I wonder how much damage was done.... Sad for the owners and employees alright... I suspect it will come out soon enough how it started, I suppose the whole traveller thing is down to the location but I would presume because of that in itself they would have good enough security to prevent theft etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

They kept a lot of tyres in that shed, tyres will give off a really thick black smoke.

I've removed some speculation in this thread, let's not get ahead of ourselves before we have an official statement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

Ah Jaysus, our own mini-Yosemite!

Advertisement