Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC course hours per day?????

Options
  • 27-08-2013 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

How many hours a day do a normal PLC course last. Would it be 9 to 3 or 9 to 5? I'm attending Kylemore college ballyfermot and doing music performance and it says on the website 9 to 5 everyday? Is this true, thats a bit much!

If anyone who has done a plc advise me on hours would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KoolAidJimbo

It depends on your time table really.

I went last year in the engineering course and each day was different for example we started at 11:30 on wednesday but weren't finished till 5 that evening and then open Friday we were in from 10 till 12:30.

The first day you're in they'll tell you. The hours were fine, pity its a 5 day week

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

It varied when i was there depending on courses and subjects but timetables should be available by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Generally what is the first day of a plc course like? I'v been told I'm starting on Wednesday but not sure if it'd be a full day?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KoolAidJimbo

The first day you just get told what you'll be going over through the year and getting to know the teachers, generally the first week is a lot of half days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

I did music production at BCFE and the hours were 9 to 5 incl. classes and work, then some more at home if I wished. Loved every second.

It really depends on you, the classes will only graze what you are meant to be doing and applying yourself at home, though I appreciate you are probably asking for transport and general curiosity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Got my timetable lol 9-12 most days and off on Fridays :D

Advertisement