Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Android/Arduino Glider

Options
  • 27-08-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there,

A while back I made up a project to try use an Android phone to navigate a glider and capture some nice video while doing it.
    The project involved a Veho Muvi HD, HTC Wildfire S, an Arduino, and a polystyrene glider.
    Unfortunately, the wind caught it during a launch and I honestly only have the vaguest idea where it could be: somewhere in the Southwest of Ireland, or even off the coast.
    I know I may be overly optimistic hoping that someone may have seen it, but stranger things have happened!

If anyone has any information at all, please PM me.

2 pictures of her before flight below. I can only assume R2D2 got pished and took it elsewhere.

pv78vix.jpg
    oOd8DNq.jpg

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭zg3409

Probably best to include the text H3RMES in case someone finds it and does a web search. I know many baloon packages are eventually found so most poeple put contact information on to them. If there are any other identifying markings best to put them in plain text here for anyone searching the web.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dvzeak

As suggested:

Glider ID: H3RMES
    Either powering on the phone or gps tracker will result in some sort of location being known, so please do if possible.

Advertisement