Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jen's log

Options
  • 27-08-2013 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hola, so I'm a repeat student so I'm obviously going to go at it at full throttle. Missed my 500+ course so need every bit of study I can get. I myself panicked and even though I did study, I freaked myself out. So this is just something I can write down my progress on. I wont be doing loads every night for August or September, just need to get my head back on track.

I do ENGLISH,IRISH,FRENCH,BIOLOGY,HISTORY,ART,GEOGRAPHY(higher)

For now I'm Gonna log this every night at 9, all social networking/phones/ipods are off until then.
    :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

oncex wrote: »
    Hola, so I'm a repeat student so I'm obviously going to go at it at full throttle. Missed my 500+ course so need every bit of study I can get. I myself panicked and even though I did study, I freaked myself out. So this is just something I can write down my progress on. I wont be doing loads every night for August or September, just need to get my head back on track.

I do ENGLISH,IRISH,FRENCH,BIOLOGY,HISTORY,ART,GEOGRAPHY(higher)

For now I'm Gonna log this every night at 9, all social networking/phones/ipods are off until then.
    :(

Clearly that social networking ban didn't work, realised I better keep talking to
    my friends before they leave for college haha

Anywaaay I'm gonna post my results and what I expect to get

ENGLISH-A2-B1
    irish-a1
    FRENCH A2-B1
    GEOG A1
    BIOLOGY B2
    ART B3-C1
    HISTORY B1
    so i think thats fairly acheivable for a repeat, leaving leeway for english and art though as they may not go my way :(

Haha forgot about this I'm such a muppet! Anyway I have Unit 1 of Bio, all the Physical Geog, Dictatorship and democracy, oral work, impressionism in art and little bits and pieces from everything.

Love the leaving cert !

Have dropped english and french and Im taking up economics!! It suits me because a new class has started up after school so I'm not doing it alone! :)

Got the first chapter of economics done anyway and cubism :)

Having no french and english is really making my life easier :) Tonights sraith pictiuri night!! Also getting a move on with my history topic

WOW This was clearly a fail. However a lot has changed since my scattered, still bitter about last year mind chose my subjects. I gave up english and french in october but realised french didn't require that much study and i missed english so took them back up!:o However at the time I picked up economics and it has probably been the best decision I made. My mocks went really really well and I got 550 points. That's thereabouts 100 up from last year. Oh life :D

In terms of study, all I'm doing at the moment is Irish and French oral, and the new history topic. However I did a full 2013 Economics paper this morning. Really gunning for A1's in Biology, Economics, Geography and Irish. English is a bit repetitive from last year. However I have learned Yeats and Heaney in order to have 5 poets. Also a massive fan of Dickinson so might have a look over her to replace Kinsella.

However I'm so slow with my sraith pictiurs. They are the bane of my life.
    Have 1 and 2 perfectly and there are gaps in my knowledge with the others so hoping to perfect those this weekend.

Heading out tomorrow night in the city so hopefully I'll be able to catch up with everyone. Samhradh Abú is docha :D:D

Have UCAS offers for Occupational Therapy for Scotland and 2 colleges in England so not sure where I'll end up next year :/

• Advertisement

Went to an interview for Occupational Therapy a few weeks ago in Edinburgh and I must say, I LOOOOOVE the college. It is beautiful. Got offered an unconditional offer based on last years LC, so no matter what I have a place :D
    However, moving to Edinburgh will kill me. I'm only a culchie and don't think I could manage, so Ireland all the way :D:D

I havent been doing anything but these, and don't plan to until Easter Holidays.
    1. Irish oral Basics
    2. Irish Oral Abstracts
    3. Irish Oral Tenses, and Poems
    4. Sraiths 1-20, not very well though.
    5. Geography Project is now FINITOOOO :D
    6. History RSR is not going so well but hopefully will get that done this weekend

Finding school so hard these days.. not long left though.:)

i loooove macreconomics :D:D:D
    • covered economic policies
    • did 2011 economics paper

Orals went swimmingly so glad i took French back up :D spending my easter holidays doing the whole Economics course :D

Definitely spending too long on Economics but I really enjoy it.
    Took the day off school so got a lot done.
    Economics:Just did elasticity and demand&supply. Hoping for a good SQ for microeconomics.
    English:I did Heaney... babe:cool:
    Biology: Genetic Crosses
    Art: Have my art exam tomorrow so I'm spending my evening getting my art on :cool:

Oh and history will forever be the bane of my life. Even so, I did... the weimar republic and well see how the evening fares out :D

• Advertisement

1 month today!!!!!:D:eek::D:eek::cool:

Today i shall spend/have spent the day doing the following...
    1. ECONOMICS SHORT QUESTIONS
    2. BIOLOGY SHORT QUESTIONS
    3. GEOGRAPY SHPRT QUESTIONS

I have also begun to highlight the questions asked frequently in my notes so that I will make an extra effort to learn those.

I have an art imaginative composition exam tuesday, so going to spend the remainderof my day practising.

Art went well i suppose. Could be an A1, could be a D3; however the examiner feels on the day :confused::confused:

This weekend i am in crazy nerd mode :eek: the school has graduation wednesday so im undecided as to if I shall go :/
    • All of UNIT 3 biology.. except plants and human reproduction
    • All of Elective Geography
    • French opinion pieces
    • Kinsella
      Macbeth question on himself
    • and I went to see"Bad Neighbours" to cheer myself up-it worked :D

I feel as if I have plenty time......I'm also an idiot :D Nearly there.......

To do list for Tomorrow
    • DNA and another genetics chapter whichever one takes my fancy(3-4_
    • Rocks-Igneous(4-4.30)
    • Kinsella (7-9)
    • 2 French opinion pieces(10-11)
    • Irish- hurlamaboc perhaps(5-6)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

Bit off topic but I also went to see bad neighbors to cheer myself up!! :D It was so funny :L

ejayy wrote: »
    Bit off topic but I also went to see bad neighbors to cheer myself up!! :D It was so funny :L

Haha repeat life is the best :rolleyes::rolleyes:it was very good though :)

Took today off, probably not heading in after grad mass 2mro.......
    • UNIT 1 AND 2 in biology fully done :D
    • Art History- Renaissance

I have fully completed the biology course. Going back on Unit 1/2 and experiments over the next week.

Geography is nearly done... but I've probably forgotten everything.
    Economics is nearly done... need to work on short questions but should be okay.
    Art History is a death... Have Europe-Renaissance done.. need to work on my Appreciation.
    History-oh history you devil. Dictatorship and democracy is fully studied though as is my document question. Eucharistic Congress pleeeease:D

This evenings plan...
    2.30: DNA
    3:00: Heaney
    4: Art-Bronze Age
    5: Geography- Coastal landforms review
    -
    7: DNA/Genetic Crosses
    8: Geography- River landforms
    9: English Poetry
    10: BED!! :cool::cool:

Going to start going to bed early so that I can get up at 7- start at 7:30 to study. At least that way I'll have 5 hours covered by lunchtime.

K so I started at 10, cos I couldn't get out of bed 😭
    10-12 make sure I know unit 1/2 of biology and experiments
    2-4 geography
    4-6 economics
    7-8 poetry
    8-9 notes on art history
    9-10 2 history essays

Advertisement