Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i want to be a BEAUTICIAN!

Options
  • 27-08-2013 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

i just finshed my junior cert and its time to choose my science subject.
    but i am sooooo crap on any of them.
    but i really interest and wanted to be a beautician.
    is there any subject i have to do in leaving cert in order to do the course in
    college???
    do i have to get to certain points in order to do the course?
    do ucd, trinity etc have beautician course?
    thank guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I think being a beautician is more of a "trade" like a butcher or hairdresser so you will need to gain the skills first hand and maybe work as an apprentice for a beautician. Anyway, I think you'll get more help if you visit the Leaving Cert Forum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭JOJOGINS

I think being a beautician is more of a "trade" like a butcher or hairdresser so you will need to gain the skills first hand and maybe work as an apprentice for a beautician. Anyway, I think you'll get more help if you visit the Leaving Cert Forum. :)
    thank you ! will try the L.C and see!
    thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I looked into courses in the area recently and no major points or requirements but think biology be one subject you may need. Chat with your career guidance might help or know of contacts you could chat who are beauticians or doing a course in it. Lot of fetacs and fas courses but think you need lca or leaving cert to do fetac/plc course. It something you need experience to build up skills not just do course in it.

I didnt do biology for lc so dont know if id get into similar course.

Research colleges and unis too. Best of luck!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

C.I.D.E.S.C.O. is the internationally recognised qualification for Beautician - to a lesser extent there are CIBTAC and ITEC qualifications too.

Here are the accredited CIDESCO colleges in Ireland:
    http://www.cidesco.com/education/accredited-cidesco-schools/ireland/

There are a number of lower FETAC levels you could do before them.

Advertisement