Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About balbriggan.

Options
  • 27-08-2013 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

hi,just moved to balbriggan,
    and i not quite familar with this place,
    please anyone can answer my question if they know this place.
    1.what bus can go to dublin city and how long?
    2.how many secondary school here?
    3.do we need to pay tv licience?
    thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pinkbear

1. Don't know about the buses, but you can easily get the train, about 50 mins. See www.irishrail.ie for timetable.
    2. Girls only - Loreto (behind Supervalu). Balbriggan Community College (opposite SuperValu). Ardgillan (behind Pinewood somewhere)
    3. Not aware of the people of Balbriggan having any special exemptions to this Irish law!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭JOJOGINS

pinkbear wrote: »
    1. Don't know about the buses, but you can easily get the train, about 50 mins. See www.irishrail.ie for timetable.
    2. Girls only - Loreto (behind Supervalu). Balbriggan Community College (opposite SuperValu). Ardgillan (behind Pinewood somewhere)
    3. Not aware of the people of Balbriggan having any special exemptions to this Irish law!!!

thank you~~~
    1,its just i live beside the tesco and its seems many bus go through millfield.
    2,ah..... i see....only 3 is abit too low! i see many primary schools here!
    3, a ha~~thanks...then i must be mislead by my ex-house holder.
    thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

There are very good transport links to the city centre. As mentioned there is a regular train service. There is also the bus eireann bus, the 101 very regularly and an express service at peak times (101x). There's the Milfield bus in the morning and evening which is an express service and only costs €3 return.

I believe there is an educate together secondary school either open or due to open soon.

If you own or use a tv you must have a tv licence - no exceptions. If your landlord does not provide one as part of a tenancy you must get it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

JOJOGINS wrote: »
    thank you~~~
    1,its just i live beside the tesco and its seems many bus go through millfield.
    2,ah..... i see....only 3 is abit too low! i see many primary schools here!
    3, a ha~~thanks...then i must be mislead by my ex-house holder.
    thank you

1 There is also a 33 bus (www.dublinbus.ie)which goes to the City Centre via Skerries/Rush/Swords - it leaves from the roundabout at the south end of the town and takes forever but it is another option (especially if you have a reason to go to Skerries/Rush/Swords. I think it is cheaper than the 101. You can get a bus 101N home from the City centre at 12.30 am or 3.30 am if you are in town for a night - great value at €7.50. Also night version of 33N leaves at 2am.

2 Schools - there is an Irish Language secondary school opening in Balbriggan in 2014. There are a lot more Primary schools but that is because the population of Balbriggan has increased hugely in recent years and the children are young. There will be enough Second level places when they are needed.

3 TV licence is being phased out and replaced by a communication licence soon.

Welcome to Balbriggan:)

Look up www.Balbriggan.info for all that is going on around the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

I can highly recommend the Milfield bus service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Secondary schools
    Community college excellent school.my son challenged them every day but we , the school an his family worked together and he is now in his final year of his BA.
    They helped him find "his thing " and worked hard with him
    Ardgillian is also a mixed gender school.in hearing great things about it.they dot allow kids out at lunch time which gives some security to parents.
    Loretto is a girls only school .
    There should be to my knowledge a VEC second level school with be going beside the schools in castle lands .and plans are on the way for a gealscoil second level.
    hope that helps.

Advertisement