Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i want to be a BEAUTICIAN!

• 27-08-2013 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

i just finshed my junior cert and its time to choose my science subject.
    but i am sooooo crap on any of them.
    but i really interest and wanted to be a beautician.
    is there any subject i have to do in leaving cert in order to do the course in
    college???
    do i have to get to certain points in order to do the course?
    do ucd, trinity etc have beautician course?
    thank guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 buubba

Biology would probably be the best science subject for you. As far as I know you could only do a plc course to become a beautician, I doubt there are any level 8 courses for that unfortunately.
    Also, not much to do with your question but when looking for work experience, don't settle for anything other than what you really want to do. Back in 4th year, I wanted to be a make up artist, so i did one week in debenhams the benefit counter. Working there made me realise that I would never want to work in a make up counter so it was an important experience for me. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭JOJOGINS

buubba wrote: »
    Biology would probably be the best science subject for you. As far as I know you could only do a plc course to become a beautician, I doubt there are any level 8 courses for that unfortunately.
    Also, not much to do with your question but when looking for work experience, don't settle for anything other than what you really want to do. Back in 4th year, I wanted to be a make up artist, so i did one week in debenhams the benefit counter. Working there made me realise that I would never want to work in a make up counter so it was an important experience for me. Good luck :)
    haha~~ what an experience for you!
    is there only work experience in 4th year? any in 5th??
    what happens if i dont do biology(or more worse... failed it?)?
    thank ,you very helpfull~

JOJOGINS wrote: »
    haha~~ what an experience for you!
    is there only work experience in 4th year? any in 5th??
    what happens if i dont do biology(or more worse... failed it?)?
    thank ,you very helpfull~

Yes I believe you only get 2 weeks in 4th year sometime after Christmas. Nothing, it's not a requirement, but might come in handy as you will be learning about the skin and stuff that you might have to learn when you're doing your beauticians course. Don't worry about failing it just make sure you do your best. And you don't even need points for a plc course so even if you do fail it( or fail anything) it shouldn't be a problem. You could even take the ordinary level paper if you're worried but as I said, you've no reason to to be. If you think you will really struggle with it, don't do the subject, it won't make much of a difference :)

Yes I believe you only get 2 weeks in 4th year sometime after Christmas. Nothing, it's not a requirement, but might come in handy as you will be learning about the skin and stuff that you might have to learn when you're doing your beauticians course. Don't worry about failing it just make sure you do your best. And you don't even need points for a plc course so even if you do fail it( or fail anything) it shouldn't be a problem. You could even take the ordinary level paper if you're worried but as I said, you've no reason to to be. If you think you will really struggle with it, don't do the subject, it won't make much of a difference :)
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wow...
    you just gave me a good confidece!!
    because my teacher used to threat me saying bla bla bla if i failed.~
    so do i do the course during the college or after college??
    thank you so much!
    /.

JOJOGINS wrote: »
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wow...
    you just gave me a good confidece!!
    because my teacher used to threat me saying bla bla bla if i failed.~
    so do i do the course during the college or after college??
    thank you so much!
    /.

Don't listen to her, she doesn't know what she's saying :)
    What do you mean now ? Firstly, do some research on colleges that offer courses that you are interested in and apply in 6th year. You will then more than likely have an interview to secure your place and you should be good to do your course in September after you do your leaving cert. I believe all/ most plc courses are only 1 year long so after that you could either go to college or try and look for a job as a beautician. I wouldn't worry about the subjects too much. It's very important that you pick the course you really want to do so do all the research you can and I'm sure everything will make much more sense than it might now :) I had no idea about courses and colleges 2 years ago but you start hearing a lot about it in 6 th year but I see you are many steps ahead of everyone your age :D you could also talk to your guidance councillor if you have one in school. Mine was pretty useless but yours might be some help to you :)

• Advertisement

Don't listen to her, she doesn't know what she's saying :)
    What do you mean now ? Firstly, do some research on colleges that offer courses that you are interested in and apply in 6th year. You will then more than likely have an interview to secure your place and you should be good to do your course in September after you do your leaving cert. I believe all/ most plc courses are only 1 year long so after that you could either go to college or try and look for a job as a beautician. I wouldn't worry about the subjects too much. It's very important that you pick the course you really want to do so do all the research you can and I'm sure everything will make much more sense than it might now :) I had no idea about courses and colleges 2 years ago but you start hearing a lot about it in 6 th year but I see you are many steps ahead of everyone your age :D you could also talk to your guidance councillor if you have one in school. Mine was pretty useless but yours might be some help to you :)

LOL you giving me confidence again!:D:D
    i used to have one in my old school! but at that time i told her i want to be an artist!:o:o now i moved to a small school and i think there might not even one!:P
    thank you very very much!:eek:i really do hate biology and quite scared of blood.
    :)thanks again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Answered in the other thread you have on this.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement