Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NLD, Gooners v Spurs

Options
  • 27-08-2013 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Big game this. The good news is Podolski is out for three weeks and will miss it. Wiltshire and Ramsey are doubtful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I wonder if Sandro will be fully fit for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

irishmover wrote: »
    I wonder if Sandro will be fully fit for this one.

He's not started a game yet, it would be foolish to upset things

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Ramsey seems to be the in form player for them but I think we have the men in midfield to stop him,think we're good enough get a draw at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lloris Walker Daws Vert Rose Paulinho Capoue Dembele Townsend Chadli Soldado

2-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »

2-2

i reckon we will get beaten as usual there. 3-1

• Advertisement

Hatch99 wrote: »

2-2

Anyone notice how 7 of those players didnt play for Harry Redknapp?! I believe that's progress..

I think mickman might be right. I don't see us getting even a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Pessimistic bunch, we played well last year until that goon got sent off? Draw will do me nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

They are pretty thin on the ground for numbers but their starting XI is very strong.

Also, we have a lot of new players still bedding in and playing a NLD for the first time. They might not adjust to the occasion as well as the arsenal lads who have more experience.

I have a feeling something like a red card/O.G/dodgy penalty will be the catalyst for us to crumble and lose 2-1 or 3-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Villa won there lads. We're gonna win 3-1 this Sunday.

Soldado, Vertonghen & Paulinho to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Tottenham to win and Paulinho to score anytime 9/1 COYS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think we're going to win 5-0. Five Soldado penos. Screw yas all!

I think we're going to win 5-0. Five Soldado penos. Screw yas all!

All of which contentious decisions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

irishmover wrote: »
    All of which contentious decisions :)

Even sweeter. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Big game this. The good news is Podolski is out for three weeks and will miss it. Wiltshire and Ramsey are doubtful.

1 cnut down, 2 to go

0-3 Spurs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Really think we have the squad to do them this year, with or without bale we're stronger than we've looked in a while, really excited about this, far and away my favourite match of the season, that or the fixtures against united (friends with alot of united sheep fans, last year was particularly sweet in that respect)

Gonna be tight, Rose could be a liability against that little goon fcuk Walcott. He's prone to making a lazy tackle or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Gonna be tight, Rose could be a liability against that little goon fcuk Walcott. He's prone to making a lazy tackle or two.

yeah walcott always plays well against us and has scored plenty goals.

The atmosphere in the emirates is very difficult to play against and i just cant see us getting anything

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

I'm more hopeful than usual, A draw would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

mickman wrote: »

The atmosphere in the emirates is very difficult to play against and i just cant see us getting anything

We should go tight for a draw then. Play both Sandro and Capoue with Paulinho and leave Dembele on bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Arsenal have (re)signed Flamini, he will be available for the NLD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Im really looking forward to this & maybe we can nick more than a draw if we start the way we did with an early goal..

Soldado Im looking at you !

im reading on arse thread that flamini has not been signed yet no offical word & his wages at 75k p/w are stumbling point..

I hate that dirty hatchet fooker he nearly boke Corlukas leg in that game in SanSiro a few yrs back..set Capoue on him lol.

Will Lamela be able to play sun?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Arsenal have (re)signed Flamini, he will be available for the NLD.

Who are those cheap skates resigning next....Henry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I'm guessing 2-1 to Spurs or possibly 2-2. We need to get some decent balls to Soldado or some of our midfielders to bang in one or two. A draw would be a good result.

mickman wrote: »

There's an atmosphere at The Emirates?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Id take a draw now to be honest. I just can't see it going any way but Arsenals though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think Paulinho could have a massive game on Sunday.

Arsenal's midfield three (Ramsey, Rosicky and Wilshire) are all attack minded. In Arsenal's first two games of the season they have all stepped out of the hole between midfield and defence a number of times, leaving a ridiculous amount of space for the likes of a Paulinho or Dembele to attack.

Between Dembele and Paulinho, Paulinho is the more likely to get in to the box and be unmarked in the box if one of Arsenal's midfield three don't track him.

I expect a lot of shots from Paulinho and one-twos with Soldado on the edge of the box.

I'll say it now, at the risk of looking a fool, I'm going to back him to score two or more at 40/1.

It's a big gamble, considering the derby atmosphere.... but I think he could be a key difference. You're getting extra value because it's the derby, but as explained above I think it's the perfect game for him to get on the score sheet.

I think Paulinho could have a massive game on Sunday.

I expect a lot of shots from Paulinho and one-twos with Soldado on the edge of the box.

I'll say it now, at the risk of looking a fool, I'm going to back him to score two or more at 40/1.

Good man, think I said it already, I fancy Spurs to win and Paulinho to score anytime at 9/1.

Not a big fan of Carragher but he gave a good analysis of Paulinho v Swansea. Showed his movement and drives into the box, first class, expects a lot of goals from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

ziedth wrote: »
    Id take a draw now to be honest. I just can't see it going any way but Arsenals though.

This is exactly how I feel. Yes we're stronger and full of confidence, but they're at home, playing well with a very settled squad. We're still lacking creativity and I reckon we'll struggle to score goals against them, so a draw would be a fantastic result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It's my birthday tomorrow and all. Day in the pub have a few quid on united to make that watchable and then hopefully 3 points. Kebab on the way home and try unsuccessfully to woo the wife. Perfect day

Advertisement