Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NLD, Gooners v Spurs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Second striker won't do any good, we need someone creative

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Lloris!! Dawson you cock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

He's like a cat off his line is Lloris.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

ah **** capoue looks in trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

the full backs situatiion is worring, dont have confidence in either walker or rose

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Really poor performance. Pretty much like we were like last year when Bale didn't play. Loads of possession, but unable to break teams down.

Now I'm going to bed...annoyed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Have we created anything?. We are bloody boring to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

oppiuy wrote: »
    Have we created anything?. We are bloody boring to watch

not a decent chance on goal as far as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

the full backs situatiion is worring, dont have confidence in either walker or rose

I only seen the last 20 minutes but Walker is so frustrating how many times has he failed to get is cross past the first defender :(

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

And i cant wait for BAE to come back...Rose ia not upto scratch um afraid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

not a decent chance on goal as far as I remember

Couple of Townsend shots, and openings that came of nothing in the first half, barely anything. No creativity.

Could of been a lot worse if not for Lloris. It's going to take a while to gel. Still hoping this Eriksen dude shows some creativity. Don't remember any of the midfielders playing one single through ball in 90 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Needed Holtby there today, he probably would have been added if Capoue didn't go off

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Could of been a lot worse if not for Lloris. It's going to take a while to gel. Still hoping this Eriksen dude shows some creativity. Don't remember any of the midfielders playing one single through ball in 90 minutes.

and where the hell was dembele for the whole game? its gonna be a while before we see what this team can really do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

How did Chadli last 90 mins?... And Daws... Both had mares..

Arsenal were solid at the back today, Carragher is fúcking unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

better team won. I'm worried that we haven't scored from open play in our first 3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pancho84

Lamela looked lively when he came on, I haven't seen much of Eriksen but I have been banging on enough that we need a no 10 so hopefully he improves the side and has what we need to get Soldado scoring from open play. It's going to take a while for the group of players to settle and to find out what our best 11 is and best formation. With the squad we have I think the Europa League will be important for us for the players to get to know each other. The middle 3 looked like they didnt know who was supposed to do what or track which players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

oppiuy wrote: »
    And i cant wait for BAE to come back...Rose ia not upto scratch um afraid

Bae is leaving the club

I thought it was a good performance. We bossed large parts of the game. We were lacking a killer pass but lamela and eriksen will bring that

Capoue is outstanding and was the best player on the pitch

However I thought Dawson and paulinho were awful

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

lads,let's get real here.we were woeful. created nothing.bale gave us an edge. they will need time to gel but creating nothing in 3 games is shocking. no one supporting soldado,no work ethic and our full backs are shocking. knocking passes around our half way line until stoke time for the last 10 minutes and then it was long balls into the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I was disappointed by Paulinho. He slowed the play down a good bit and never looked lively - in dropping for the ball and looking to link the play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Ah Fcuk it, we lost to the gooners, its a bit raw at the moment. We have six points out of nine and a lot of new players getting used to the prem league and each other. Dont be judging too much on todays game. We beat them by a goal in April and it spurred them on to better performances. Lick the wounds, drink some beer and put on the loud music. COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

pancho84 wrote: »
    Lamela looked lively when he came on, I haven't seen much of Eriksen but I have been banging on enough that we need a no 10 so hopefully he improves the side and has what we need to get Soldado scoring from open play. It's going to take a while for the group of players to settle and to find out what our best 11 is and best formation. With the squad we have I think the Europa League will be important for us for the players to get to know each other. The middle 3 looked like they didnt know who was supposed to do what or track which players.

Totally agree with this.

I know it was a NLD but just think back to this time last year. The players need a few games to gel and find their roles and then we'll go on a decent run hopefully.

At least we didn't lose 5-2 right.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

shocking spurs performance everybody sh1te bar Lorris...

and Capoue so unlucky that looked nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

any word on capoue yet? say hes proper banjaxed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

looked like a dislocated or broken ankle...he was in serious pain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I didn't think we were that bad and to be honest, thought we were the better team. Sure Arsenal were more clinical and that's where their settled squad comes in, but we completely bossed possession and to go to the Emirates and stifle them at home is still pretty impressive. It's a shame we couldn't test their keeper any more than we did but I feel with Eriksen & Lamela we'll be able to do that more.

Lloris was my MOTM, which I guess shows how impotent we were but again I think that will improve with time.

last i heard he was off for an x ray

I have an update on Capoue:

He is currently undergoing an X-Ray but even so it doesn't look good. Seems to be a broken fibia (broken leg)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

FFS, that's ****e. Just as well Sandro is back and available but that's Capoue probably out until Christmas if true.

Advertisement