Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids Swimming Lessons in Wexford

Options
  • 27-08-2013 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for good swimming lessons for kids. Our 6 year old can kinda get across the pool but gets lost in big classes. He attended 'Level 2' classes in the Ferrybank pool but the class was quite big and he appeared to learn nothing.
    The other fella is 4 and jittery as hell in the water. He can get around with armbands but would like something more formal for him.

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

I can highly recommend Wexford Swimming Pool in Ferrybank. Registration for classes is this Saturday, starting at 9am. You will have people queuing from the early hours but last year I turned up about 11 and got the slots in the classes I needed for my 3 girls. If you bring the children over any day this week they instructors will access them and tell you what class they should join.
    http://www.wexfordswimmingpool.ie/events/

or you can find them on facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wexford-Swimming-Pool-and-Leisure-Ltd/136140929757911

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I'm a member of Whitford Leisure centre and I know they do kids swimming lessons on Saturday mornings. I plan my visit around the lessons :D.

There are usually around 6 or 7 in each group and they section off a lane especially for them. There is another area they use for the really young kids who are total beginners.

I don't know if the kids belong to members or whether it is fully open to the public but knowing Whitford, it would be the latter. The daughter of a friend of mine goes and she loves it. Certificates etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

oldyouth wrote: »
    I'm a member of Whitford Leisure centre and I know they do kids swimming lessons on Saturday mornings. I plan my visit around the lessons :D.

There are usually around 6 or 7 in each group and they section off a lane especially for them. There is another area they use for the really young kids who are total beginners.

I don't know if the kids belong to members or whether it is fully open to the public but knowing Whitford, it would be the latter. The daughter of a friend of mine goes and she loves it. Certificates etc

You plan your visit around the childrens swimming lessons, okayyyyy, is that not a weird thing to say/do ?? Sounds it.:)

I hope you mean either side of the lessons !,?

vicwatson wrote: »
    You plan your visit around the childrens swimming lessons, okayyyyy, is that not a weird thing to say/do ?? Sounds it.:)

I hope you mean either side of the lessons !,?

Yes, I attend when the lessons are NOT on. The judge was very specific about that :p

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My kids learned at Whitford. They seem to love it anyway, never any issues with fear, and the staff are good at teaching with no real pressure.

• Advertisement

Just looking at the Whitford schedule for September (again, so I can avoid the lessons). Monday to Friday starting at 3pm and ending at 5.45pm. Saturday is 10am to 12.15pm. Each lesson is 45 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Larry Bee

The kids started in the Talbot this week. Much smaller classes (a maximum of 5) and the teacher is in the water with them, which is just what the young fella needed.

Thanks very much for the advice. :)

Advertisement