Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heinz bets. Are they worthwhile?

Options
  • 28-08-2013 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I'm considering to put on a heinz bet for this weekend's football action. Anybody regularly do them? if you've any experiences with them, what would you say about them? are they easy to make a profit on or are they just a whole waste of money?
    Any input would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I suppose it depends on what selections (mainly price) you are backing. e.g. If you go with 2/1 or bigger you break even/slight loss with 3 winners, while you'd need 4 winners at evens to be a bit in profit, and 5 winners at 1/2. Picking the 5 at 1/2 or better is hard enough!

Add to that 1 loser means you lose 31 of the 57 bets, probably better going 5folds & an accum and staking these to the same amount as you were going to do the Heinz.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

The fact that the bookies go to the expense and bother of having specially designed dockets for these bets should be your first clue!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ColmBr

Thats interesting about the 31 bets just instantly gone. was looking at heinz because ive been screwed over too many times by one team on my accums and though that the heinz could restore some hope but even still, 31 possible bets just vanished because of one loss is a lot. I think i might start switching to singles and doubles on lower odds with higher stakes. It's been too long on waiting for an accum win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

ColmBr wrote: »
    Thats interesting about the 31 bets just instantly gone. was looking at heinz because ive been screwed over too many times by one team on my accums and though that the heinz could restore some hope but even still, 31 possible bets just vanished because of one loss is a lot. I think i might start switching to singles and doubles on lower odds with higher stakes. It's been too long on waiting for an accum win

If that is your concern and you are doinng reasonably short priced selections rather than 1 unit x 57 I would suggest 2 units x 15 fourfolds, 3 units x 6 fivefolds and 9 units x accum or something similar, just leave out the doubles and trebles which pay very little anyway, certainly the doubles.

Advertisement