Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Societies in Ireland

Options
  • 28-08-2013 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

This is just out of curiosity, but has anyone here know of or heard rumours of secret societies/clubs operating in your localities like the Hellfire Club or something along those lines. The IRA doesn't count in this instance in case anybody would be tempted to refer to that particular organisation on this thread. I was just wondering does such a culture exist in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

I don't know. It's a secret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Do you wanna join all these "secret clubs" :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pensivepuca

I am pretty sure we may have a few neo pagan or neo druid type stuff going on in secret groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bigfellalixnaw

No, just curious as to whether they exist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

This is just out of curiosity, but has anyone here know of or heard rumours of secret societies/clubs operating in your localities like the Hellfire Club or something along those lines. The IRA doesn't count in this instance in case anybody would be tempted to refer to that particular organisation on this thread. I was just wondering does such a culture exist in Ireland.
    Someone told me there's a dogging club just down the road. No idea why they keep owning a poodle or whatever secret, but there's nowt as strange as folk. I have a staffie and was sort of thinking of joining..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Crossbones very strange crowd they are and very secretive, they go back to the mid 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

No, just curious to whether they exist?

Well if we knew it wouldn't be a secret club now would it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Rule number 1 of fight club..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

There are secret societies on this very boards.ie

Like 'TCH'

No idea what it stands for. The Cuckoo's House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'm in the Big Knob's Club.

• Advertisement

There are secret societies on this very boards.ie

Like 'TCH'

No idea what it stands for. The Cuckoo's House?

TCH = The crazy hour :D

zenno wrote: »
    Crossbones very strange crowd they are and very secretive, they go back to the mid 80's.
    Sound depressing, where do they operate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Someone told me there's a dogging club just down the road. No idea why they keep owning a poodle or whatever secret, but there's nowt as strange as folk. I have a staffie and was sort of thinking of joining..

Yeah, if it's the same guys we're thinking of, then let me tell you in advance that it's a scam.

Friend got a sausage dog off them. Had him only 2 days and had to return him. The sausages he produced tasted disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The bar in Leinster House.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

The IRA is hardly a secret society....

The Seanad?

Sound depressing, where do they operate?

Their first operation was invented in swords Co. Dublin in the mid 80's and then they spread out to different area's but have no idea what becomes of them now, or even what location they work from. :)

EireIceMan wrote: »
    Not secret eh? How many IRA folk do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Sure there's one standing for election in every constituency :pac:

Im not getting into this on the thread, but obviously one or two more than yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Well, if they are known on boards, they are not that secret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

They're trying to dodge the dog licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The Freemasons are still quite numerous.

Unrelated.... But Opus Dei number relatively well in Ireland also.

.... As for me, I was born a snake handler... I'll die a snake handler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I heard the Illuminati are recruiting down the road ... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I heard the Illuminati are recruiting down the road ... :rolleyes:

I thought that was the Templars? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

zenno wrote: »

Why, if they have a time machine, do they only go back to the mid 80's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

I'm similar to you. I have a stiffie and I'm planning on joining the dogging club down the road...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

EireIceMan wrote: »

Read the fucking OP, he typed right there that the IRA doesn't count. Bullshit like "Well, I know more IRA members than you do!" doesn't mean anything because my Dad is bigger than your Dad so shut up.

Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Padkir wrote: »
    I'm similar to you. I have a stiffie and I'm planning on joining the dogging club down the road...
    That'd be a Staffie/Cocker/whippet cross, right? Very popular with the boys I was talking about. They're always going on about having a stiffie and planning to meet up in the car-park. Going by some of their chats, it's a broad spectrum thing, some of them seem to have cats as well. Still not sure why it has to be secret though? Maybe it's a pedigree thing.

• Advertisement

Read the fucking OP, he typed right there that the IRA doesn't count. Bullshit like "Well, I know more IRA members than you do!" doesn't mean anything because my Dad is bigger than your Dad so shut up.

Why would it count in the first place. I just made the point it was hardly a secret society as apposed to others mentioned, jesus. No dick measuring here, I simply answered the question directed at me. No need for the aggression.

Advertisement