Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Societies in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭hansfrei

I thought that was the Templars? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGt7qm1zsNs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

They're both down the road. Freemasons, Templars, 33 degree masons, all the jazz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

EireIceMan wrote: »
    Why would it count in the first place. I just made the point it was hardly a secret society as apposed to others mentioned, jesus. No dick measuring here, I simply answered the question directed at me. No need for the aggression.

The OP mentioned they didn't count. It didn't need a qualifier, which was not what you posted. You posted asking how the IRA is a secret society, which was not once stated. AH is prone to flinging the same tired responses into every thread, so it's clear that in a thread about societies, the IRA or the government were going to be brought up. If you don't know this, lurk more. Your second post was nothing but an attempt at starting a dick-measuring contest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

What about them Knights? Not the templars but its some formation of the catholic religion. Cant think of the name, il try look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

What about them Knights? Not the templars but its some formation of the catholic religion. Cant think of the name, il try look it up.
    ...columbanus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

...columbanus

Could be, couldnt think of name. Il google now, cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

A.O.H

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭constance tench

Could be, couldnt think of name. Il google now, cheers

Apparently Feargal Quinn is a member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

zenno wrote: »
    Crossbones very strange crowd they are and very secretive, they go back to the mid 80's.

Damn they seem secret because i can;t find anything on google :( who were/are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Faz6r

theres the order of palladium based in london and dublin and we worship Abaddon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Damn they seem secret because i can;t find anything on google :( who were/are they?

They were a group of people that carried machetes, very large hunting knifes and 75lb pull crossbows. Hang on while i turn my time-machine back on and i will go back to the founding of their organisation to see what information i can retrieve :)

And yes, i do have a time-machine, i am not originally from this planet or time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down? We do, we do!
    Who keeps Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps? We do, we do!
    Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star? We do, we do!
    Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night? We do, we do, we do!'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down? We do, we do!
    Who keeps Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps? We do, we do!
    Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star? We do, we do!
    Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night? We do, we do, we do!'

great episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Ben dunne set up his own. Are only three members though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Yes. There are a few....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

No. There are none...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

I'm in one but i cant tell you as its a secret :). Really i am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Ssshhuuuut uuup!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Charlie haughey was responsible for the FF fundraising organization tacha(sic), it seems to get very little coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bigfellalixnaw

Charlie haughey was responsible FF fundraising organization tacha(sic), it seems to get very little coverage.
    Like a certain Fianna Fail tent at the Galway Races. There was definitely some group with secrets there.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

donvito99 wrote: »
    The bar in Leinster House.

Thats not secret

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭MOC88

Someone told me there's a dogging club just down the road. No idea why they keep owning a poodle or whatever secret, but there's nowt as strange as folk. I have a staffie and was sort of thinking of joining..

Be polite and bring them down some hang sandwithches

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Chareth Cutestory

No Homers Club.

I've already said too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Someone told me there's a dogging club just down the road. No idea why they keep owning a poodle or whatever secret, but there's nowt as strange as folk. I have a staffie and was sort of thinking of joining..

They want stiffies, not staffies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Nemeses wrote: »
    I don't know. It's a secret.

Advertisement