Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Who figurines

Options
  • 28-08-2013 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭

Looks like I found something else to waist my money on http://dw-figurines.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Yeah looks like a nice collection. General consensus from the trial run was that the Doctor wasn't great, but the monsters were incredibly detailed

My parents have taken out a full subscription for me as a present for graduating college

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭xK Marcus

Are they only available via subscription in Ireland does anyone know? Or will they be sold individually in shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

xK Marcus wrote: »
    Are they only available via subscription in Ireland does anyone know? Or will they be sold individually in shops?

There on sale from shops your best putting in an order with your local newsagent though to make you get a copy. I wouldn't subscribe as Eaglemoss can be allot of hassle with delays and waiting you stuff to arrive.

McLoughlin wrote: »
    There on sale from shops your best putting in an order with your local newsagent though to make you get a copy. I wouldn't subscribe as Eaglemoss can be allot of hassle with delays and waiting you stuff to arrive.

I don't want to make a commitment to a subscription though, as I don't think I'd want all of the figures, I was hoping I could just buy the ones I liked as they came out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Some newsagents, book shops and comic book shops may sell individual issues, allowing you to pick and choose the figures you like

• Advertisement

Daemos wrote: »
    Some newsagents, book shops and comic book shops may sell individual issues, allowing you to pick and choose the figures you like

Ok, I'll have a look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Awh sucks its only deliverable to UK and Ire, Probably the best for my pocket

Kind of off topic but why do they refer to Ireland as Eire...I thought all that stuff had stopped

It's Irish for Ireland, it is a bit uncommon for British groups to use it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

It's Irish for Ireland, it is a bit uncommon for British groups to use it though.

Technically it's not...it needs the fada or it means something like burden I think

I just meant its weird to refer to us as Eire...like calling Germany Deutschland...I know they did it in the beginning when we formed because they thought our name made claim to the entire Island and so called us by the angliscised version of our name as gaeilge, just thought it had stopped haven't seen it in forever.

But anyway yea totally of topic!

The figurine of the 11th doctor doesn't look great but the others are class. Are they doing the characters from every season or just 11s?

bradyle wrote: »
    Technically it's not...it needs the fada or it means something like burden I think

I just meant its weird to refer to us as Eire...like calling Germany Deutschland...I know they did it in the beginning when we formed because they thought our name made claim to the entire Island and so called us by the angliscised version of our name as gaeilge, just thought it had stopped haven't seen it in forever.

But anyway yea totally of topic!

The figurine of the 11th doctor doesn't look great but the others are class. Are they doing the characters from every season or just 11s?

I would assume it's from all, they said they're making 80 different ones, and I think one of the first 10 confirmed is the 5th Doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

My reaction to this would be that if you really want them, wait until the run has finished and buy the lot on ebay ;)

I would assume it's from all, they said they're making 80 different ones, and I think one of the first 10 confirmed is the 5th Doctor.

The 4th Doctor is somewhere in the first 20 or so issues but there will be no companions planned in this 80 issue series which is the reason I'm giving it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Sleepy wrote: »
    My reaction to this would be that if you really want them, wait until the run has finished and buy the lot on ebay ;)

A lot of the times these things go up in value, I bought a few Marvel figurines also from Eaglemoss on ebay and they did not come cheap

1 - 11th Doctor
    2 - Davros
    3 - Cyber Leader
    4 - Weeping Angel
    5 - Silurian
    6 - Bronze Dalek
    7 - Sontaran
    8 - 10th Doctor
    9 - Ice Warrior
    10 - Silent
    11 - Rassilon
    12 - Ood
    13 - Dalek Supreme
    14 - Cyberman (2013)
    15 - Omega
    16 - Vashta Nerada
    17 - 4th Doctor
    18 - Judoon
    19 - Dalek (Dead Planet)
    20 - Sycorax
    21 - Cyberman (Invasion)
    22 - 9th Doctor
    23 - Heavenly Host
    24 - Morbius Monster
    25 - Zygon (2013)
    26 - Special Weapons Dalek
    27 - 12th Doctor
    28 - Sea Devil
    29 - Kahler-Mas
    30 - Cyberman (Earthshock)
    31 - Madam Vastra
    32 - Non-Doctor (John Hurt)
    33 - Ironside Dalek
    34 - Draconian
    35 - The Master (Simm)
    36 - Scarecrow
    37 - 5th Doctor
    38 - Catkind
    39 - Clockwork Man
    40 - Dalek (Genesis)
    41 - Cyberman (Doomsday)
    42 - 3rd Doctor
    43 - Krillitane
    44 - The Master (Delgado)
    45 - Max Capricorn.
    46 - Emperor Dalek Davros
    47 - 7th Doctor
    48 - Terileptil
    49 - Gold Dalek
    50 - Cassandra
    51 - Cyberman (Moonbase)
    52 - Smiler
    53 - 1st Doctor
    54 - Saturnine (Vampires of Venice)
    55 - Voc Robot
    56 - The Hath
    57 - Dalek (Remembrance)
    58 - 2nd Doctor
    59 - Vervoid
    60 - Dalek (Humanoid)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Somebody gave me a load of old Dr Who figurines in their packets a good few years back. Not as detailed as these no doubt. I'll try and dig em out tomorrow and post up a few pics.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

No companions ? I want a Clara :)

I bought the first two in Easons and have bought a premium subscription there set to start at issue 3.

Advertisement