Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello Boys!...I'm Baaaaccckkkk!!

Options
  • 28-08-2013 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

Had a bit of a stressful few months there and was back on the fags. Getting disillusioned by overdosing on one flavour to the point of perpetual tastelessness didn't help matters.

Well, yesterday I smoked a cigarette and why this one out of the few thousand I smoked in the last 2 months triggered the gra for e-cigs again, I don't know.

Ordered a variety of Liqua tobaccos as well as my old favourite 'Turkish', 2 more Kanger T2clearos to replace my old worn out ones and also ordered an iTaste VV3.0 and 2 iClear16 clearos

Was going through my old juice collection and found 3 heads for single remaining working T2. Dug out the old tank and cleaned it of the festering 2 month old juice in it and fit the head I didn't know I had.

Decided to pop in some HOL Puros. I bought a small Puros, Eden and large Virginia Prime early this year and didn't really like them at the time.

Well, HOLY SH1T, if I didn't absolutely love the Puros this time. The Hazelnut note that turned me off early in the year had my mouth watering this time. Cant wait to get the new gear tomorrow and try the Eden and Virginia Prime again.

I'm back getting the kind of genuine satisfaction from vaping that I had the first few months. The last few months before my 2 month stint back on the fags was just going through the motions to get my nicotine hit. I'm sitting here now genuinely relaxing and enjoying the vaping and flavour, the kind of experience one gets from that first smoke outside the cinema or after dinner.

I hope it lasts longer this time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Best of luck second time round!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Well that was short lived!! Puros back to tasting like sugar juice. No hazelnut note anymore even with new head in the T2.

TBH at this stage I think I have dodgy tastebuds that acclimatise to a new taste in 24 hours :D

Ah well. Still going to stay off the fags for my health and bank balance. I was back to the stage of permanent chesty cough and gummed up throat and hacking up vile gick (Sorry for the disgusting description). That was after just 2 months back on the fags.

Just a pity, I can't seem to enjoy the flavours for more than a few days before they all start tasting like sugar juice to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

It could be the smellies destroying your taste buds. Give it a week and they should come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭platinums

think i have relapsed 3 times back on the fags since i started vaping, always go back for the same reasons, frustration with building coils and leaky atomeisers.

Still i have the hang of building and sticking to igo drippers now so I might have cracked it this time.

Good luck Calibos, stay off them derty faggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Calibos wrote: »
    Well that was short lived!! Puros back to tasting like sugar juice. No hazelnut note anymore even with new head in the T2.

TBH at this stage I think I have dodgy tastebuds that acclimatise to a new taste in 24 hours :D

Ah well. Still going to stay off the fags for my health and bank balance. I was back to the stage of permanent chesty cough and gummed up throat and hacking up vile gick (Sorry for the disgusting description). That was after just 2 months back on the fags.

Just a pity, I can't seem to enjoy the flavours for more than a few days before they all start tasting like sugar juice to me.

You could try what I did. Stay with the cigarillos, and when you can't get any taste, through in a few shots of puros until you get the taste back.

• Advertisement

Think I might have cracked the problem. My mother has been on the smoke greens for the same year as I've been on my gear. They have never lost their taste for her in all that time. We are very similar in most ways, so we had a chat about what's different about us to try and come up with something.

The one thing that jumped out was the fact that I was a Coca Cola addict. 3 litres a day habit. Had a little belly and double chin but not fat so I must have a very fast metabolism. Anyway, a metabolic syndrome diagnosis had me switch to sugar free Coke Zero back in April. This cut 1200 calories from my diet in one fell swoop. For me the Zero was a panacea like the ecigs. ie a close approximation to the real thing with none of the negative health implications that finally helped me kick a chronic habit. I've lost over a stone in weight without even trying. No extra exercise, no change to amount or type of food. ie no effort involved at all.

With the metabolic syndrome gone, no perpetual excessive thirst, so 3 litre coke consumption became 1.5 litre Zero consumption thus cutting my caffeine intake as a side effect.

All that said, we reckon that all that syrupy sugar from the Coke and all that artificial aspartame sweetener from the Zero was coating and/or over stimulating my taste buds causing them to desensitise.

Last night I brushed my teeth as normal but instead of pouring myself a coke zero like I usually do, I poured myself a glass of water. This morning I can taste the hazelnut in the HOL Puros again. Not to the same extent as that first day back from the fags, but its definitely there unlike the last few days.

Fingers crossed sticking to water lets my tastebuds return to full sensitivity,

Sidenote:

Think I've finally got the mother to switch from the smoke greens. She'd been tied to them because she loved their unique coffee flavour and any of my juices she tried was via my egos and clearomisers which she wasn't mad on.

She's now gone off the smokegreen coffee, has got over the 'looks like a crack pipe' thing because she sees the all over the place now, and finally I bought some iTaste XL Dual Coil cartomisers for her to try some liquid samples in. She's loving them and now wants me to get her a new iTaste VV3.0 like I just bought and a load of cartos.

Advertisement