Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

over limit

Options
  • 28-08-2013 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi,
    I went over my allowed overdraft limit today in one Transaction and while I understand I need to pay a charge for this I have been charged 6 times.
    2 x €3.50, 2 x €5.00, 2 x €10.00 can you please explain why I had 2 of each charges?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi Recessionbust,

As we have no access to account specific information we cannot see why exactly you received these fee's.

The charges for going into an unauthorised overdraft are as follows:
    • 1st item- No charge.
    • 2nd & 3rd item- €3.50.
    • 4th & 5th item-  €5.00.
    • 6th & over- €10.00 per item. 

If you contact your branch a representative will be more than happy to go through this with you and double check the charges you received.

If there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know.

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

Thanks Sean but I went over it once this month and before I spend a half hour listening to a computer I want to know is it normal to charge 2 of each??when only one item went over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Thanks Sean but I went over it once this month and before I spend a half hour listening to a computer I want to know is it normal to charge 2 of each??when only one item went over
    Hi Recessionbust,

These charges are applied each time you go into the overdraft as a result of each transaction and they are calculated per fee quarter.  For example if you had five transactions for the amount of €6.50 each in one day and your balance was €5.  You would have gone into an unauthorised overdraft 5 times and the charges you would receive would be as follows:
    • 1st item-No charge.
    • 2nd & 3rd item- 2x€3.50.
    • 4th & 5th item- 2x€5.00.
    [*]

We notice you posted your original query late last night, you may have been looking at your account while our systems were updating and that is why you saw duplicated transactions.  Can you please log into your account again and see if the six charges are still on your account.  If they are, you can submit a query through the 'Online service desk' on 365 online and a representative will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Seán  

Advertisement