Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beers? meet up?

• 28-08-2013 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭

Have seen it on few other regional foruns, yet we've none for ourselves.. any on here be interested? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I'd be up for it, I still have an unresolved argument with kess about getting rid of old british monarchy's names from our streets. Nothing like a discussion over a civil pint to sort that one out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Where would suit most? :)
    Time to be social bordies :D

This idea pleases me greatly. I like beer, boards and Limerick :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

padma wrote: »
    I'd be up for it, I still have an unresolved argument with kess about getting rid of old british monarchy's names from our streets. Nothing like a discussion over a civil pint to sort that one out..

Kess wouldn't show up. He values his anonymity far too much. :P

I'll join this if I'm free. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Likewise, if I can get away the night you're doing it I'll pop by for a few sociables.

• Advertisement

When would suit most of ye? :)

bennyl10 wrote: »
    When would suit most of ye? :)

Right now. Gasping for a pint! :pac:

Na whenever. Mid September maybe?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Great idea. Depends on day/date whether I'd make it, but I'd like to be sociable for once!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I work crazy shifts. But throw it out there and if I can make it I will

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Think up a few options and I'll put up a poll for people to vote on

• Advertisement

Clareman wrote: »
    Think up a few options and I'll put up a poll for people to vote on

Shall we say, clohessys, smyths, ardhu, nancys, mickey martins or pddy frawleys.... Any others spring to mind?

Then sort out date?

Thinkin maybe second/third week september?
    Sure we could find something to tie it in with :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Costellos?

Suitably dark

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Locke and Blind Pig worked well when we had our last decent get-together. Mickey Martins would be my favourite from the list above.

The Locke and Blind Pig worked well when we had our last decent get-together. Mickey Martins would be my favourite from the list above.

Forget the blind pig! And locke of course!

Always have loved the blind pig..

Should probably just throw the crafty fox out there too.. if for nothing more than an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Be up for this if there's enough going, I downvote Smyths immediately :pac:

krudler wrote: »

Hoped people wpould, but feel it needed a mention becasue of the few devotees who'd freak if wasn't mentioned..

Or are boardies more sensical..

Locke and the Blind Pig seems a good idea but other options too:)

So, The Limerick Boards Booze Soiree.

Any update? I'd nearly settle for a few cans in a field with a bonfire at this stage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Shall we say, clohessys, smyths, ardhu, nancys, mickey martins or pddy frawleys.... Any others spring to mind?

Then sort out date?

Nancy's would be first choice but what about Mike Flannerts Pub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

padma wrote: »

You might have an unresolved issue, but I am content with the knowledge that I was right :pac: In my little world I am never wrong:p

Been out for a number of Boards nights out in Dublin, Cork, and Galway with some of the footy forum guys and been to a few gigs with a few of the guys and gals in the music forums. Maybe I am just fussy who I drink with. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

krudler wrote: »

As do I, I hate the place;)

I wouldn't mind going along for a few. The Crafty Fox would be my first choice although Nancy's would be good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Kess73 wrote: »
    You might have an unresolved issue, but I am content with the knowledge that I was right :pac: In my little world I am never wrong:p

Been out for a number of Boards nights out in Dublin, Cork, and Galway with some of the footy forum guys and been to a few gigs with a few of the guys and gals in the music forums. Maybe I am just fussy who I drink with. :p

Your just afraid ima catch you :D

The Snipe wrote: »
    Your just afraid ima catch you :D

There goes the neighbourhood, the Snipe is back. :D

How has life been treating you? All good I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Kess73 wrote: »
    There goes the neighbourhood, the Snipe is back. :D

How has life been treating you? All good I hope.

All's good, yourself? And I've just been sharpening my knives for when your around :) also spent a spell living in some miracle grow hoping to grow up.big and strong like you :pac: but yeah I might be interested in coming along to this :) no easier way to come back then to meet the new faces and get to see the old ones again :)

The Snipe wrote: »
    All's good, yourself? And I've just been sharpening my knives for when your around :) also spent a spell living in some miracle grow hoping to grow up.big and strong like you :pac: but yeah I might be interested in coming along to this :) no easier way to come back then to meet the new faces and get to see the old ones again :)

Jaysus, now I will be watching my back when in BCG. :eek: Hope that miracle grow was really good quality though as you had a lot of catching up to do :p

Things are pretty good on my end. Professional and personal life is ticking along quite well, and will probably stay in Ireland a bit longer as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I was considering coming along but now that I see the snipe is going I just remembered I'm washing my hair that night :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

I was considering coming along but now that I see the snipe is going I just remembered I'm washing my hair that night :p

We can watch. We know where you live

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

lkionm wrote: »
    We can watch. We know where you live

*Closes curtains* :eek:

so.. shall we say crafty fox? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Can any Limerick based Boardsie go to this? I wouldn't mind tagging along.

Advertisement