Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beers? meet up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

tim3000 wrote: »
    Can any Limerick based Boardsie go to this? I wouldn't mind tagging along.

Of course, its usually a case for the lads to put a face to a name and have a bit of craic and to meet new people so the more the merrier :)

Have we a date set yet? Was out in limerick last night/during the day for the first time in months and I haven't a clue what happened. The place has been given a new lease of life. Good atmosphere and crowd up O Connell street and around Bedford row. It was just a nice place to be and the weather obviously helped. Kinda like shop street in galway. First time in years that I actually enjoyed a day out in town. I'd a belly full of Heineken too so that could have had an affect :P If you're interested in dance music, Laidback Luke was brilliant in Crush last night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Can any Limerick based Boardsie go to this? I wouldn't mind tagging along.

Anyone at all is welcome :) all about getting to know new people :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Also does it always have to be a pub :/ Im living out in the country so its extremly awkward for me to get in and out of town for (especially drinkin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Also does it always have to be a pub :/ Im living out in the country so its extremly awkward for me to get in and out of town for (especially drinkin)

It is a beers/ meet up Brian, but I guess you could have a coke or two and be our official taxi for the night? you up for it?

• Advertisement

well a pub is just normally the easiest way to get a big group of people together(and talking also)

What else would you suggest other than Beers?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

It's also awkward if you're underage..

MomijiHime wrote: »

majority rules on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

MomijiHime wrote: »

Not always the case, I think I was 17 for my first beers :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Snipe wrote: »
    Not always the case, I think I was 17 for my first beers :pac:

And even with you being there we all had a great night! :P

• Advertisement

West fest has me in a state. We should have had the beers at that last night. Would have been brilliant. Craic agus ceol

West fest has me in a state. We should have had the beers at that last night. Would have been brilliant. Craic agus ceol

Perhaps somewhere on Arthurs night?
    Or a saturday? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bowling or sumthin similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Perhaps somewhere on Arthurs night?
    Or a saturday? :)

How about this Saturday coming, the 21st of September? What do people think? I was thinking The Crafty Fox at 8.30pm but if anyone has any other suggestions feel free to mention them.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

How about this Saturday coming, the 21st of September? What do people think? I was thinking The Crafty Fox at 8.30pm but if anyone has any other suggestions feel free to mention them.

That sounds good to me haven't been in there since it was called The cuckoo box :pac:

That sounds good to me haven't been in there since it was called The cuckoo box :pac:

Nice one, anyone else up for it?

Was only ever in it since it became the Crafty Fox. Was never in there under it's previous incarnations The Cuckoo Box and McDaids. My fave there is the Fischer's Helles beer, lovely stuff!!

Sounds like a plan.. if others are available too :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Count me in. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

At a wedding, I'll have to catch the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

If nothing comes up ill be there too

• Advertisement

Balls. Was expecting a later date. Possibly working Sunday morning but if not i'll put in the effort

Just bumpin this thread. Hopefully we''l get a few more names before Saturday:pac:

If'd be in:)
    Would a week later maybe suit more peopel? :)

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I'll hopefully pop along whichever night. Was told yesterday I have to give up drink fully for a while :-( so will be out sober for a short while if I can.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    If'd be in:)
    Would a week later maybe suit more peopel? :)

I'll be in Dub working so I wouldn't b able to make it a week later myself:(

I'll be in Dub working so I wouldn't b able to make it a week later myself:(

Saturday, half 8 then :D.. even if people aren't drinking(like those driving, or the health reasons) come along anyway:) Just to get to know people and put a name to a face mainly :)

Could maybe make it a monthly or bi-monthly thing if this works with people :cool:

Can we arrange a signal of some sort in advance? I missed out on meeting a few people at Mickey Martin's last year because I couldn't tell which ones were the Boardsies. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,762 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Can we arrange a signal of some sort in advance? I missed out on meeting a few people at Mickey Martin's last year because I couldn't tell which ones were the Boardsies. :o

Giant sign is the best option -

tumblr_ljq77svywa1qavmeoo1_500.gif

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Everyone should dress in something easily recognisable:

scousers.jpg

• Advertisement

I'll come in a bit early, about 8.20pm. I'll be sitting up at the bar wearing a black hoody with cool wolf pics on it:)

Advertisement