Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 8GB £159, 16GB £199

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Had completely forgotten about this phone, presumed it would have been cancelled again but just checked parcel motel and I see that it's in Belfast, happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

strongback wrote: »
    Picked mine up just now. Arrived in Dublin at 11.45pm. I still haven't got a text message, the pin came up when I checked the parcel motel website.

Ordered the 16gb at 3.00am Saturday so a 4 day turn around from order to getting it into my hands.

It looks good, nice and slim with a diamond effect patterned back. The OS is dead familiar to any android phone user.

Ordered a 16gb and an 8 gb on Friday night at 9pm. Still no update on the order status, just pending...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Natakranta wrote: »
    Collected mine 2 hours ago from parcel motel box in Dublin.
    After 2 failed attempts I finally have it!
    Tomorrow fastboot oem unlock :)

Thanks a mill fellow boardees! Couldn't do it without your posts and support.

what does fastboot oem unlock do ???

Ordered a 16gb and an 8 gb on Friday night at 9pm. Still no update on the order status, just pending...

I ordered a 16 gb on Saturday evening and it's already in parcel motel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Needs to be done to obtain root.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Still pending sine Friday (ordered 8GB at 10am Friday)
    Money had gone out of my account but now its not showing up on my online banking and all I see is

€0.49 ~ POS CHG GBP 9

I don’t know what the heck that is but it is not looking promising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Needs to be done to obtain root.

haha you know what the next question is don't you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭strongback

From reading this thread it seems people who ordered the 16gb only are receiving their phones more quickly. I'm only guessing but maybe they are waiting for stock on the 8Gb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

haha you know what the next question is don't you :)

Haven't got around to it myself but here's a good guide. Just remember to backup everything as your phone will be wiped.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2018179

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Natakranta

It is command to open bootloader. You need to have proper drivers installed on your PC. With open bootloader you can use "flash" command in fastbootmode to flash custom recovery or custom ROM. Here's a great tutorial
    xda-developers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 chris.c2010

I ordered mine on Thursday and it has been at the parcel motel for 48 hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jumbi2000

I ordered mine on Thursday and it has been at the parcel motel for 48 hours now, Their customer service has not been very helpful so far either.

Which one did you order Chris? I ordered the 8GB model on Thursday 8am and still pending and nothing showing up on my CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 chris.c2010

jumbi2000 wrote: »
    Which one did you order Chris? I ordered the 8GB model on Thursday 8am and still pending and nothing showing up on my CC.

I ordered the 16gb model which Google shipped quite quickly to the parcel motel. They have had the phone for 2 days now.

I ordered the 16gb model which Google shipped quite quickly to the parcel motel. They have had the phone for 2 days now.

Thanks Chris...

Anyone got any advice on what's going on here?

Is it just Google being slow in updating the order process as it's still pending?

As the order went in last Thursday morning for the 8GB would it be out of stock for my order?

e.g. Should I cancel and order the 16GB version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Still pending sine Friday (ordered 8GB at 10am Friday)
    Money had gone out of my account but now its not showing up on my online banking and all I see is

€0.49 ~ POS CHG GBP 9

I don’t know what the heck that is but it is not looking promising
    I got that charge too when I ordered mine. Anyone have any idea what it is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I got an order in last night for an 8gb and it was out of stock before then so they are at least updating the site. Lots on HUKD reporting that they were told over the phone/email that the 8gb still has stock to come in and plenty of the 16gb left. So I wouldn't go cancelling 8gb orders just yet as there could be a queue which your in. Maybe shoot them an email?

I couldn't justify an extra €50 for 8gb of storage considering i'll stream my music over google music and use google drive for photos etc.

Tinie wrote: »
    I got an order in last night for an 8gb and it was out of stock before then so they are at least updating the site. Lots on HUKD reporting that they were told over the phone/email that the 8gb still has stock to come in and plenty of the 16gb left. So I wouldn't go cancelling 8gb orders just yet as there could be a queue which your in. Maybe shoot them an email?

I couldn't justify an extra €50 for 8gb of storage considering i'll stream my music over google music and use google drive for photos etc.

Same here Tinie - Just don't need extra space at the moment on the phone..

I'll hang fire on doing anything crazy like cancelling and just wait until the 10th of sept. (Shipping date on pending order)

Kinda nervous of emailing them... lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Dman001 wrote: »
    I got that charge too when I ordered mine. Anyone have any idea what it is?

Its a charge from your bank for purchasing in a different currency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Its a charge from your bank for purchasing in a different currency.

Banks huh - I am sick of paying them silly charges like this

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

A picture of the upcoming Nexus 5, nothing official but guess it will be out before Xmas.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2292559/google-shows-lg-nexus-5-in-android-kitkat-promotional-video

• Advertisement

jmch81 wrote: »
    A picture of the upcoming Nexus 5, nothing official but guess it will be out before Xmas.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2292559/google-shows-lg-nexus-5-in-android-kitkat-promotional-video

What will that retail for? £349 or so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I'll buy it this time next year when there's a bargain alert about it :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

says all the 8gb are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭steescribbles

5" phones are too big in my opinion.
    Will probably stick with the Nexus 4 until something bad happens to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

5" phones are too big in my opinion.
    Will probably stick with the Nexus 4 until something bad happens to it.

Thats what they said about 4.5" phones! The phone might not be much bigger, just less dead space on the front.

Don't think there is a good reason to upgrade if you do have the Nexus 4, wont be that much of a leap for normal users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Way hay, I ordered again, this time with a credit card instead of a debit card and used my mobile number instead of the parcel motel phone number and it worked!
    Delivered to PM Belfast today and currently on a van to Dublin, should have it tomorrow (16 GB, ordered Monday afternoon)...

What do you mean you used your mobile insted of parcel motel address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

For gods sake, ordered Sunday, from someone based in the UK, UK credit card going to a UK address and STILL pending, any ideas guys?

Tinie wrote: »
    What do you mean you used your mobile insted of parcel motel address?

Sorry, meant I used my mobile number instead of the parcel motel phone number.

• Advertisement

Pm1e wrote: »
    For gods sake, ordered Sunday, from someone based in the UK, UK credit card going to a UK address and STILL pending, any ideas guys?

Was it the 8GB - the 16GB orders seem to be going through faster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

BigCon wrote: »
    Was it the 8GB - the 16GB orders seem to be going through faster?

sadly it was indeed the 8GB, considered changing to 16GB but dont want to essentially restart my waiting time you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

sadly it was indeed the 8GB, considered changing to 16GB but dont want to essentially restart my waiting time you know.
    Just get another one!:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Got my 16GB last night!

5uspect wrote: »
    Got my 16GB last night!

Same as that. I'm wondering if it would be wrong to Ditch a HTC one for this baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Order placed. Got frightened at the thought of it selling out. Only started my first job yesterday. Won't be paid until the end of the month. All of my 'extra' money from my first pay packet is already gone on this phone ha.

It's one of the only advantages about being based in England at the moment. No hassle with it at all. In fact, it's scary how quickly I gave away £209. It took less than a minute. I'm going to have to lock my card away for the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Same as that. I'm wondering if it would be wrong to Ditch a HTC one for this baby.

I've ditched my One S for it, not sure I'd do that with a One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Ordered 16gb yest at 8.30pm and its still pending. I'm based in UK.

Am I being impatient??!!

I need to stop checking the status every hour!! :D

Still pending since Wednesday morning guys... 8GB version...

Should I be getting worried.... ;-(

No, id say If it was going to be cancelled it would have occurred in the first 24 hours. 8GB versions are in short supply so you are going to have to wait a while longer.

Not just yet, the delivery date is the 10th for 8gb models, so if it goes a few days past that and its still pending then get worried. But the 16gb will unlikely be sold out by then, so you could still get that then. I expect their waiting on a big delivery of 8gb models.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the calming advice guys!!! lol

The frenzy that a good tech bargain creates is unreal...

Irish thing?? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭strongback

Did you order the 8gb?

The 8gb's aren't being shipped as quickly as the 16gb's.

The 16gb's are roughly a 4 day turn around from order to delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Got 16gb today typing on it now. Some phone. Less muddled then my s3 and screen looks a little smaller. It fits into s3 case, but buttons are aligned different, anyone know of a good rubber case?

1185233_10151896936665820_230791142_n.jpg

Got mine a few hours ago.
    A stunning device, none the less.
    Only gripe I have with it so far is the camera application.

Any suggestions for alternative camera apps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

1185233_10151896936665820_230791142_n.jpg

Got mine a few hours ago.
    A stunning device, none the less.
    Only gripe I have with it so far is the camera application.

Any suggestions for alternative camera apps?

Depends on what you want really: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=slide.cameraZoom&feature=search_result

If you want all the bells and whistles:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flavionet.android.camera.pro

Are you still on 4.2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am ashamed to say mine is still sitting in it's box with plastic on it..

.. my case should be here tomorrow and need to do a few things in town at lunch so might pop into Three and get my micro-sim.

Basq wrote: »
    Am ashamed to say mine is still sitting in it's box with plastic on it..

.. my case should be here tomorrow and need to do a few things in town at lunch so might pop into Three and get my micro-sim.

I'm afraid to actually use it until I get my case. D:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Got the CC sorted, and pay came through. So just to be safe before I try order a 16gb.

Tunnel Bear set to england, create a new GMail account, go to play store, log in under that account, fill in cc details. Use PM as the address and proceed to wait and pray?

Basq, what case did you order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I posted this earlier but I've had this phone for about 4 months now i'd say and I have this case, it's great, it saved my phone from it's first fall! It's also a replica of the official one.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Black-Soft-TPU-Bumper-Frame-Case-Cover-For-LG-Google-Nexus-4-LG-E960-/290957889440?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item43be710fa0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Guys, Help please...

What am I doing wrong in Google Wallet???

By now, I have added three different cards, originally my Entropay Visa online CC......

then I tried my PTSB Visa Debit, and now my AIB Visa Platinum CC....

I get the same thing, shown below, all the time.

I will repost what I have in Nexus ordering process thread, perhaps ppl here can help. Thanks....

OK, I set up everything....

Using uk.justfreevpn.com VPN, on Google UK Play, everything in Pounds, Gmail linked, etc. using Chrome incognito.....

new Gmail on UK Google, Google Wallet, with a UK, NI address, all looks OK!!!

I am using an Entropay Pre-paid Visa, it is Euro denominated, works for Netflix US fine...

It has a NI address, a real one, my bro-in law.....

So, I tried one of those free purchases, Books and Mags, which uses Google Wallet....

it looks as though I am completing the transaction OK....

but immediately shows cancelled, as per the pics posted...

and Wallet shows the same.

Is it the Visa, being Euro?? [But it has UK address.]

Or is it too soon, I just did this evening.

Does it need more time, to validate the Visa Card??

I have attached pics, showing both Play and Wallet cancelled transactions.

google_play.jpg

Wallet.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement