Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 8GB £159, 16GB £199

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Have two 16GB with ParcelForce in Belfast and two 8GB Pending with Google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

ballooba wrote: »
    Have two 16GB with ParcelForce in Belfast and two 8GB Pending with Google. Would like to cancel the latter, but its too late. Onto eBay they go.

Well rather than Ebay would you consider selling to one of us that have failed to get our order? I'd be happy to buy one from you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Philip42 wrote: »
    A friend of mine ordered an item from Argos UK to Parcel Motel. He received his item fine. A few days later his phone notified him of ANOTHER parcel, which he hadn't ordered. He was intrigued so checked the hotel only to find a piece of advertising junk mail that Argos had sent on to his "address", for which he was charged 3.50 to be delivered! Probably best not to have an "auto-debiting" process set up for this. If it's not there, they can't take it!

If you contact parcel motel they should refund this. Also PMed pmed people about 8gb spares

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chee

This post has been deleted.

Captain Morgan, how you contacted them? via email / on line form / phone to get RMA? Have to return my nexus 4 for refund / replacement.

Received my phone two days ago and checked yesterday, can't hear calls until turn on speaker.

Thanks,

donnacha wrote: »
    Well rather than Ebay would you consider selling to one of us that have failed to get our order? I'd be happy to buy one from you.
    Sorry, phones already sold now to colleagues here.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pms7

n1ck wrote: »
    I posted this earlier but I've had this phone for about 4 months now i'd say and I have this case, it's great, it saved my phone from it's first fall! It's also a replica of the official one.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Black-Soft-TPU-Bumper-Frame-Case-Cover-For-LG-Google-Nexus-4-LG-E960-/290957889440?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item43be710fa0

Wondering if this one for €10 more is worth it ? Ringke Fusion

Had a leather type flip cover on my HTC Explorer last 2 years, happy with it. Which is the best in terms of fall protection?Flip cover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭sausagehead

16gb out for delivery ..............come to daddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭sausagehead

pms7 wrote: »
    Wondering if this one for €10 more is worth it ? Ringke Fusion

Had a leather type flip cover on my HTC Explorer last 2 years, happy with it. Which is the best in terms of fall protection?Flip cover

plenty of reviews the fusion on youtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Rang bank and changed address to one in north.
    downloaded tunnel bear and changed country to UK.
    went on google and set up a new account.
    went on play bought phone , with address the same as updated credit card address.

1 minute later get an email saying order cancelled.

what did i do wrong ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭iknorr

setting up a new uk account and ordering from thatimmediatly is very suspicious.

You dont need to do that, i have placed 3 different orders using the below method, all successful.

I would suggest using ur existing irish account but just change ur credit card and delivery address to parcelmotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

It may not make any difference but for my 16gb that I got, just after I ordered I went to the Play store and added a load of apps to my wish list. Might show up as normal activity for an account and avoid their suspicions. It was the only thing I did differently to a cancelled order a few days before.

iknorr wrote: »
    setting up a new uk account and ordering from thatimmediatly is very suspicious.

You dont need to do that, i have placed 3 different orders using the below method, all successful.

I would suggest using ur existing irish account but just change ur credit card and delivery address to parcelmotel.

i tried that first.
    but even with tunnel bear it said it was unavailable in my country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

So has anyone who ordered using an AIB visa debit been successful in receiving the phone without changing your address to PMs address over the phone to AIB? i.e. leaving the address as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 squonkie

Hi Tinie

Yep I just had a 16gb delivered using my AIB Visa Debit card. I had 2 orders cancelled using my Visa credit card. I used PArcel motel as both billing and delivery address and Nightlines NI number as phone number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

My first order was cancelled but pretty sure it was because I logged into my English email to check the status without using tunnel bear.
    The second attempt I never made this mistake and it worked a treat.

just tried again

This device is not for sale at this time .

anyone order one they don't want i'll take it off ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Tinie wrote: »
    So has anyone who ordered using an AIB visa debit been successful in receiving the phone without changing your address to PMs address over the phone to AIB? i.e. leaving the address as it is.

Yup, ordered with my AIB visa debit using parcel motel address for billing and shipping on a new google account registered to the uk and I didn't change any address with AIB. I used my own phone number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

iknorr wrote: »

Hi, can you explain the above bolded in more detail??

You mean existing Irish Google Account?? No devices there, am I misunderstanding you?

Change credit card?? to what??

and delivery?? to what address??

Just trying to understand what it is you mean, I'm talking about getting a Nexus 4 Device, from Google UK.

squonkie wrote: »
    Hi Tinie

Yep I just had a 16gb delivered using my AIB Visa Debit card. I had 2 orders cancelled using my Visa credit card. I used PArcel motel as both billing and delivery address and Nightlines NI number as phone number

028 90 825371??

I have tried numerous ways, using an entropay Visa card, which has a NI address, but is euro denominated card...also tried using a Newtownabbey Phone number...Borough Council :)

I can't even buy a £1.99 book, or indeed a free book, without immediate cancellation.....

I have a new Google UK account, with a new gmail address, accessed via JustFree UK VPN, which shows me in London when I check with myiponline ??

my%20IP.jpg

I originally set this up using my Irish Mobile number, which was needed for verification SMS, which I got OK from Gmail, and the account is live.

The Visa Card is registered OK with Google Wallet, and I always use Chrome Incognito, with the VPN, and get Google OK straight away.....

So, what am I doing wrong??

I can browse all sections of Google UK, but if I try to purchase anything, it is immediately cancelled, with no real explanation???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭strongback

028 90 825371??

I have tried numerous ways, using an entropay Visa card, which has a NI address, but is euro denominated card...also tried using a Newtownabbey Phone number...Borough Council :)

I can't even buy a £1.99 book, or indeed a free book, without immediate cancellation.....

I have a new Google UK account, with a new gmail address, accessed via JustFree UK VPN, which shows me in London when I check with myiponline ??

I originally set this up using my Irish Mobile number, which was needed for verification SMS, which I got OK from Gmail, and the account is live.

The Visa Card is registered OK with Google Wallet, and I always use Chrome Incognito, with the VPN, and get Google OK straight away.....

So, what am I doing wrong??

I can browse all sections of Google UK, but if I try to purchase anything, it is immediately cancelled, with no real explanation???

My guess on the failures is that they are down to the debit/credit card.

Most people seemed to have used Irish euro visa debit cards, me I used an Irish credit card and it worked. It is the same credit card I have used for Play purchases for a couple of years so maybe that helped me.

You could try out the Google Wallet account by buying a digital book or mp3's from a UK only website as a test.

Maybe you could try Tunnelbear as that is what most people went with. It will also give you a different IP address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

if anyone is waiting for the 8gb one in particular

check your parcel motel account

mine has been checked in without even having received a dispatched email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Got a cancellation :(

Not sure what I did wrong, always logged in via tunnelbear. Any suggestions, may try again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

marko93 wrote: »
    Got a cancellation :(

Not sure what I did wrong, always logged in via tunnelbear. Any suggestions, may try again!

don't use tunnelbear theres loads of other vpns if everyone uses the same one it will not work.

strongback wrote: »
    My guess on the failures is that they are down to the debit/credit card.

Most people seemed to have used Irish euro visa debit cards, me I used an Irish credit card and it worked. It is the same credit card I have used for Play purchases for a couple of years so maybe that helped me.

You could try out the Google Wallet account by buying a digital book or mp3's from a UK only website as a test.

Maybe you could try Tunnelbear as that is what most people went with. It will also give you a different IP address.

I have used a vpn, which gives a UK IP address, I posted in my last post above....

Tunnel Bear gives a similar UK London IP address, but I found JustFree to be more reliable, connection wise I mean, never a problem logging in, speed brilliant.

I have used my personal Credit Card on Google Ireland for years, so perhaps I will give it a try, last resort.

I'll report back. Beginning to wonder if this is worth the hassle :confused: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ordered mine thursday week ago, still down as pending. it is the 8gb one. the money was taken from my visa debit card, then put back in a few days later. not sure what to think really !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

mad turnip wrote: »
    don't use tunnelbear theres loads of other vpns if everyone uses the same one it will not work.

Cheers man, I'll try it later with a different one!

I'll report back. Beginning to wonder if this is worth the hassle :confused: :mad:

Same here. Its a lot of hassle to get a phone and not THAT good of a deal to go through all this hassle to get it. I dont really want nor need the 16gb model and it looks like the 8gb is gone OOS for good now. Still annoyed my order was cancelled as the people on HUKD who ordered the same day as me are after getting theres today ! :mad:

I've two packages checked in with Parcel Motel. I had two orders, with two phones each. I wonder how many are in the boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jumbi2000

j4vier wrote: »
    if anyone is waiting for the 8gb one in particular

check your parcel motel account

mine has been checked in without even having received a dispatched email

BINGO! ! its at parcel motel! !

Ordered 8gb on the 29th
    New UK Gmail account setup under tunnelbear
    Ordered via play store via VPN
    Checked order via VPN
    AIB visa debit card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

jumbi2000 wrote: »
    BINGO! ! its at parcel motel! !

Ordered 8gb on the 29th
    New UK Gmail account setup under tunnelbear
    Ordered via play store via VPN
    Checked order via VPN
    AIB visa debit card

Same steps I used successfully several times since last year
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86358460&postcount=3674

• Advertisement

Same here. Its a lot of hassle to get a phone and not THAT good of a deal to go through all this hassle to get it. I dont really want nor need the 16gb model and it looks like the 8gb is gone OOS for good now. Still annoyed my order was cancelled as the people on HUKD who ordered the same day as me are after getting theres today ! :mad:

Well, I've been suspended by Google Wallet, see this.....

I'm gonna give up on this, it's just too much hassle, I have no idea how anyone, even legit in UK, can buy devices from Google.....

verify.jpg

everything about my account is UK oriented, new Gmail, Entropay visa card with UK (NI) address, Parcel Motel NI delivery address...

all done via UK VPN, and now this, not Tunnel Bear...

Advice here is sometimes to use your own Visa, which is already on my Irish Google account, and sometimes use another Card, not already tied to Google in Ireland.....

I have tried both, with no success on either method.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

donegal. wrote: »
    just tried again

This device is not for sale at this time .

anyone order one they don't want i'll take it off ya.

Its a clearance sale- they're clearing old stock to make way for the new model- so its entirely possible its finished.

Its a clearance sale- they're clearing old stock to make way for the new model- so its entirely possible its finished.

looks like its finished.

the message with the 8 GB
    "We are out of inventory. Please check back soon"

different message with the 16GB
    "This device is not for sale at this time"

any reason for this?

looks like its finished.

the message with the 8 GB
    "We are out of inventory. Please check back soon"

different message with the 16GB
    "This device is not for sale at this time"

any reason for this?
    I can still buy the nexus 4 16gb fine, so im not seeing that message :confused:

I can still buy the nexus 4 16gb fine, so im not seeing that message :confused:

please buy me one and i'll refund you, i'm pulling my hair out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

ordered last Sunday from the UK, money taken, STILL pending, what is going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

ordered yesterday am a 16gb phone, when I look in google play it says will ship on sep 9 but it still pending, don't need a new phone but it does look cool, hopefully it comes through

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Anyone know how parcel motel are for deliveries on a Saturday? Do they deliver? I'm in Galway and it was checked in this morning in Belfast so hoping it'll be here tomorrow

please buy me one and i'll refund you, i'm pulling my hair out.

Sorry no can do, only have €300 in my visa debit allocated to buying a new phone at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Ordered late on Wednesday. Checked my emails before going to bed last night and there was no change, still pending. Arrived home today to a lovely Nexus 4 sitting on the kitchen table. Thankfully my house mate was in or I'd be taking a trip to the post office.

Have to go and get a sim for it tomorrow. Very excited to use it properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

I'm on holidays in the States at the moment, so I took the opportunity to order one of these 16GB bad boys on Monday. I used my BOI credit card, and used the delivery address as my billiing address on Google Wallet. I was getting a little worried yesterday, as up until I went to bed last night, my order was still pending. However, when I got up this morning I had an email from Google saying that the order has been dispatched, and according to UPS, left Louisville KY at just before 4am eastern time this morning.

I should hopefully have it by this evening, or tomorrow at the latest.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

looking for an 8gb but out of stock, anybody got an unwanted one on the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭grange mac

Mine Landed in Belfast last night.

First Order cancelled. Ordered again in wednesday.

Steps

Clear history & cashe in Browser..Tunnelbear...set up gmail...parcel motel address & bank stmt address (rang bank on wed to change address on account) now become parcel motel...kept checking parcelmotel and not gmail....finally arrived last night...

Anyone reccomend a decent cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Mine at parcel motel in belfast. Ordered the 8gb last Friday for anyone wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Oscar_Drai

I ordered my Nexus 4 8gb last Saturday. I've just got a confirmation email that says that my order has been shipped. It's been delivered today in Belfast. I'll have it tomorrow in Dublin. Great news!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 westerneyes

Mine arrived in Belfast this morning marked as delivered but hasn't popped up with Parcel Motel yet. Weirdly the transaction is still "Pending" with my credit card company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 magicmonkey

Mine is in Parcel motel in dublin awaiting collection...
    Weird thing is that i ordered an 8GB last Sat and a 16GB on Tue
    Both are still showing as pending on my play account (and no dispatch e-mail)
    Guess i will find out tomorrow which one has arrived!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Ship ahoy! It's on the way:-)
    Ordered 30th Aug 8gb with Irish debit card and parcel motels address

Can't wait ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭iknorr

Hi, can you explain the above bolded in more detail??

You mean existing Irish Google Account?? No devices there, am I misunderstanding you?

Change credit card?? to what??

and delivery?? to what address??

Just trying to understand what it is you mean, I'm talking about getting a Nexus 4 Device, from Google UK.

"change ur credit card and delivery address to parcelmotel."

Heres what i done in detail:
    Logged into my gmail account which is ireland based, setup years ago with my irish aib credit card. (im actually not even in europe right now)
    Then, started up Hidemyass (just like tunnelbear)
    Set server to a uk address and once connected,I google searched for play store. My default search is google.ie but since im now virtually based in the uk i was directed to the uk play store and went to devices section.
    I added 2 phones to the cart.
    At check out, my credit card was greyed out. I added the same credit card but used the parcel motel address as the CC address. i could now pay with that card. Delivery address was set to parcel motel address in NI. Checked out & got the usual "Ships by xxdate".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Mine shipped last night after ordering on Thursday the 29th. It's the 8gb model. Money was originally taken from my account , then put back in. It has now been taken out again. So I'm happy

Advertisement