Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 8GB £159, 16GB £199

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

pcasso wrote: »
    Time to give up methinks.:(:mad:

i've tried with my visa card address changed with the bank and with tunnel bear:

-my own google account with postcode changed to match delivery address.
    - a new google account with all address' and phone numbers in North
    - a new account using the mrs debit card and all address' in north.

all orders immediately cancelled.

before the weekend i was getting this message "This device is not for sale at this time", but that seems to have disappeared .
    i even rang google and the guy on the phone couldn't figure out why it was cancelled.
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I'm actually living in the UK and I have a UK address on my credit card with Google Wallet but if I'm logged into my gmail account I get "Sorry! Devices on Google Play is not available in your country yet". Account was originally Irish for years.. any idea how to get this working!?

Redisle wrote: »
    I'm actually living in the UK and I have a UK address on my credit card with Google Wallet but if I'm logged into my gmail account I get "Sorry! Devices on Google Play is not available in your country yet". Account was originally Irish for years.. any idea how to get this working!?

sign out of google
    then go to play/devises/nuxus4/buy it/go to check out/ etc
    sign in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 itoro

after trying a few times and getting orders cancelled, i used a uk personal shopper forwarding service where they order for you with a uk credit card. If you just want the phone and are prepared to pay a premium for the less hassle its an option. It came to €280 for the 16Gb and another €30 for dhl shipping.

https://www.forward2me.com/blog/news/personal-shopper-by-forward2me-at-your-service/

"This device is not for sale at this time"
    I think you have to wait 48 hours after a failed attempt at buying the phone before you can try again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Just received mine about an hour ago, absolutely delighted with it. It's slick, sexy, and very responsive. I hope those still waiting for their orders receive them soon, I'm outie!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭pcasso

They are selling them on amazon for between £200 and £260 for anyone who still wants one and is unable to buy them from the play store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jumbi2000

Hi All,

Right I really think that the cancellation process is very random. Maybe just spot checks. (Using New UK Gmail account, TunnelBear, Parcel Motel and IE (No Addons)

Ordered an 8GB one and received with no issues last Saturday.

2 days ago ordered a 16GB one with exact same details and cancelled straight away.

Yesterday ordered again with the exact same details and exact same way and it was shipped today!

Happy days...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

pcasso wrote: »
    They are selling them on amazon for between £200 and £260 for anyone who still wants one and is unable to buy them from the play store

Still trying to find and 8gb :/

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Was having all of the listed problems on Sunday. Just tried from work and it went through fine, no tunnelbear, using my own regular Irish Gmail account I've had with years and my home address as billing with PM zip code.

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

mine is at the parcel motel, but i am wondering how long do the y keep on to it ? i might not be able to make it today, but i can get my sister to collect it if necessary

edit, after a bit more reading of the website I see it is 48 hrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Same here for me, kept getting orders cancelled all day on Sunday. Decided to try one more time yesterday and it went through and has shipped already. Keep trying!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Mine was delivered yesterday.

Okay, I have just ordered one again and unlike the other two times I have done this there hasn't been a cancellation email straight away.
    Is there any way I can track whats happening?
    Looks like I will have to cancel the one from amazon so.

• Advertisement

donegal. wrote: »
    i've tried with my visa card address changed with the bank and with tunnel bear:

-my own google account with postcode changed to match delivery address.
    - a new google account with all address' and phone numbers in North
    - a new account using the mrs debit card and all address' in north.

all orders immediately cancelled.

before the weekend i was getting this message "This device is not for sale at this time", but that seems to have disappeared .
    i even rang google and the guy on the phone couldn't figure out why it was cancelled.
    :(
    thought i'd try it one last time before ringing the bank to change my address back to normal and it works, no cancellation email :D

donegal. wrote: »
    thought i'd try it one last time before ringing the bank to change my address back to normal and it works, no cancellation email :D

high five:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

Yikes, going a bit away from bargain alerts here, but littlewoods are looking for €469 for the 16GB version :eek:
    In fairness though they are giving away a free official bumper with the phone though. The full price for the phone before the current 'special offer' was €849.

It's a good phone, but not quite that good!

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/nexus-by-google-4-16gb-smartphone-from-googletrade-with-free-bumper-case/1279282724.prd?browseToken=%2fq%2fnexus+4

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

Hi guys,

After some deliberation, I've decided to hang on to my Galaxy S4. It was an impulse buy the Nexus 4, so I'm going to either return it or sell it. Is it possible to return it after doing the sneaky Parcel Motel thing?! All I really want is my money back, one way or another. I haven't used the phone. Turned it on, and upgraded to 4.3 - all stickers/packaging etc are still on the phone so there shouldn't be any problem. It's the 16GB model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Philip42 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

After some deliberation, I've decided to hang on to my Galaxy S4. It was an impulse buy the Nexus 4, so I'm going to either return it or sell it. Is it possible to return it after doing the sneaky Parcel Motel thing?! All I really want is my money back, one way or another. I haven't used the phone. Turned it on, and upgraded to 4.3 - all stickers/packaging etc are still on the phone so there shouldn't be any problem. It's the 16GB model.
    Resell it I'd say..

.. you'll need to spend money to get it back to them.

Sell it for the same as you paid.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Resell it I'd say..

Cheers Basq, you're probably right. Probably the best option all things considered. Just couldn't resist in getting swept up in the whole bargain thing! To be honest, it's a lovely phone. I can definitely see the appeal, but I'd miss a lot of the features on the S4 if I sold it, and I don't really have a need for keeping both.

Basq wrote: »
    Resell it I'd say..

Is it not just a case of returning the item packaged up within 14 days due to long distance selling rules etc and get a refund?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yeah but you pay for shipping. If it was the 8gb i'd snap it up off ya.

That's funny. I would've thought the 16gb would be much more appealing and have more potential?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Hi,
    I still can't get into the Uk play store.

I've created a new account with my parcel motel address but still get this:

u5AwUM9.png

welkin wrote: »
    Hi,
    I still can't get into the Uk play store.

I've created a new account with my parcel motel address but still get this:

u5AwUM9.png
    You need to use a VPN like tunnel bear to make them think your IP address is in the UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Hi guys,

I pm'd you, will take it off you if you are not a million miles away. Thanks

That's funny. I would've thought the 16gb would be much more appealing and have more potential?

yeah too dear though when the extra 8gig wont be used :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 westerneyes

How long does it normally take from "signed for" in Belfast to delivery to one's chosen hotel?
    According to website its one working day but mine arrived in Belfast on Friday am and nothing yet as of Tuesday eve.
    (Did have the gift false alarm but thanks to a previous poster had expected as much this morning)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

How long does it normally take from "signed for" in Belfast to delivery to one's chosen hotel?
    According to website its one working day but mine arrived in Belfast on Friday am and nothing yet as of Tuesday eve.
    (Did have the gift false alarm but thanks to a previous poster had expected as much this morning)

Took about 11 or 12 hours for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pms7

Got mine today! :D Thanks to people who explained how to get it. I wouldn't have had a clue. Are those Ringke fusion cases hard to get out of your pocket, does the rubber grip on to your clothes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

I've had the same experience as others here. Over the weekend I tried twice to order one(with parcel motel, tunnelbear and a brand new gmail account) but each time I had 2 cancellation emails within a minute. As others have since succeed I tried again tonight and without changing any of the settings that had previously failed tonight it went through and half an hour later, still no cancellation email. Think I might have just bought a phone. Better go put some money into the Parcel Motel account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Word of warning guys, dont get your hopes up. My order was pending, then to processing for about 2 or 3 working days, then was cancelled out of the blue.

Pingi wrote: »
    Was having all of the listed problems on Sunday. Just tried from work and it went through fine, no tunnelbear, using my own regular Irish Gmail account I've had with years and my home address as billing with PM zip code.

Fingers crossed

Shipped! In national hub since 8pm :)

Ordered mine at 12 yesterday afternoon and it just arrived at my nearest Parcel Motel!

xtal191 wrote: »
    Ordered mine at 12 yesterday afternoon and it just arrived at my nearest Parcel Motel!

Wow that was quick, are you sure it's not the free gift?

I'm hoping both the free gift and the phone arrive within 48 hours of each other so I can collect together. Got the text today

Whats this free gift stuff?

Yeah its def the phone, no idea what this free gift thing is though.

Tinie wrote: »
    Whats this free gift stuff?

I signed up to Parcel motel on Sunday got a text today to say my welcome gift has been dispatched and that I'd get a text with a pin to collect when it arrives.

Somebody earlier in thread mentioned they went to collect their phone an it was a free gift of Slippers. I guess you only get the free gift if your new to PM

Excited for both just don't want to make 2 trips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Finally got an order to go through , and have received the confirmation email from Google .

Ended up changing all addresses to Parcel Motel , as every time I added the phone to my basket , I got redirected to a message " unavailable in your country" , even though I used Tunnel Bear when logging in to Google .

Hopefully the order will be processed without being cancelled :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

Got my Nexus 4 yesterday, anyone still waiting you will not be disappointed, it is a lovely phone. My Apple days are truly behind me.

Can anyone that has it already help me though, I cannot seem to connect to 3G at all... I have been on iPhone for years so taking time to get to terms with this. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Pm1e wrote: »
    Got my Nexus 4 yesterday, anyone still waiting you will not be disappointed, it is a lovely phone. My Apple days are truly behind me.

Can anyone that has it already help me though, I cannot seem to connect to 3G at all... I have been on iPhone for years so taking time to get to terms with this. Thanks in advance.

You might have to add your networks internet details manually and is what I had to do.A guide can be found here and just search google for your networks internet settings

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    You might have to add your networks internet details manually and is what I had to do.A guide can be found here and just search google for your networks internet settings

Brilliant thanks for that

Have 3G issue resolved, I had to manually input network settings, up and running, phone is zippy fast and cover should be here end of the week. Im surprised at how light it is too. Really loving it and the fact my Apple days are behind me, also cancelled my Spotify account to make way for Google music. We will see how that pans out. I hope those of you waiting have your phones soon. Peace :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Quick question ,

How long should the order say "Pending" ?

It says "Dispatches by 16th September .

Thanks .

• Advertisement

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Quick question ,

Thanks .

i placed my order on:
    Order date: 10-Sep-2013 12:18:07 BST

it was dispatched on:
    10-09-2013 17:46 London North West Depot Collected from customer

Quick question ,

Thanks .

I'm in Dublin, ordered mine on 1/9/2013, it read 'pending' until Friday 6th and it was in family home in London on Monday 9th. I have it in my hands now. So it was pending for 5days.

Quick question ,

Thanks .

Ordered mine Monday lunch time and picked it up from Parcel Motel this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Got mine (8Gb) yesterday
    It was ordered on the 30th Aug
    Still need to get a micro sim to get mobile data but I have been using it at home on the WiFi and so far its class

Its so much better than my current Xperia S (but then again that wouldn’t be hard!)

Love the sleek feel to it and its weight is perfect
    I think I will get a case but I don’t know if it will add too much bulk.

I did have a bit of an issue with it in that it froze mid 4.3 update and I had to Google how to do a hard power off to get it running again.

Do I just ask for a Micro Sim in the Meteor shop?

xtal191 wrote: »
    Ordered mine Monday lunch time and picked it up from Parcel Motel this morning.

16gb or 8gb? How long did it take to despatch for you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement