Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 8GB £159, 16GB £199

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Tinie wrote: »
    16gb or 8gb? How long did it take to despatch for you?

16gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Sconsey

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Got mine (8Gb) yesterday
    Do I just ask for a Micro Sim in the Meteor shop?

I am on Vodafone (pay as you go), I brioght my sim in to them, they have a puch that cuts out your big sim into the shape of a micro, works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Thanks for the replies :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

xtal191 wrote: »
    16gb

Wow that was a quick delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

cdebru wrote: »
    I pm'd you, will take it off you if you are not a million miles away. Thanks

Sorry lads, the phone has now been sold on today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

damn guy withdrew his 8gb from ebay

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

xtal191 wrote: »
    Ordered mine Monday lunch time and picked it up from Parcel Motel this morning.

What date did it say when you ordered, that it would be despatched by, as I made an order yesterday and it said "despatch by 16th september" even though it says "dispatching in one or two business days".

damn guy withdrew his 8gb from ebay

You are far better off paying the extra €50 and buying a 16gb now, as an 8gb off ebay will sell for nearly the same price of the 16gb off google play.

Also, people tend to list phones as new, even though they've opened and used them for a few hours and decided it wasn't for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Ordered yesterday and its already in Parcel motel in Belfast. They sent me a picture :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Just noticed the post up top with the guy selling one on. I'd be interested in buying a 16gb version if someone has one spare. Just throwing it out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Digitalism wrote: »
    What date did it say when you ordered, that it would be despatched by, as I made an order yesterday and it said "despatch by 16th september" even though it says "dispatching in one or two business days".

Think it said the 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I have an unopened 16GB from the USA. Any offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

I have an unopened 16GB from the USA. Any offers?

I'll offer you €20 more than the price on play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 westerneyes

Not sure but I'm in the same boat, let us know if it ships for you.
    Just wondering if you got yours delivered yet? I'm waiting for parcel motel since Friday and am also in galway

Ignore: just noticed google decapitated my pmid from my delivery address. I have sent some info to PM(hopefully enough!)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Just got mine, was delivered to Parcel motel in Dublin at around half 9, less than 36 hours from ordering!

Getting it sorted now, looks nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Hi lads - I ordered one - Long story short, i cancelled it straight after purchasing (Don't ask) Google also emailed saying they cancelled - due to postage address/card address mis matches. Iv been charged the full whack on my visa card though! (€248) 3 days ago... Will google repay me? Whats the best way of contacting them if not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

The funds could be held from you until up to a week after they cancel the order, that is, while Google won't take the money until the phone ships, the authorization for the funds doesn't go away instantly.

The funds could be held from you until up to a week after they cancel the order, that is, while Google won't take the money until the phone ships, the authorization for the funds doesn't go away instantly.

They released the funds back into my account virtually the instant (or at least within an hour) I got the cancellation email, as I checked my online banking, so im guessing its purely random.

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Quick question ,

How long should the order say "Pending" ?

It says "Dispatches by 16th September .

Thanks .

Just an update on this -

I ordered yesterday morning , and got an email last night at 10.30 to say it was on it's way :D:D

Can't wait :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Got a friend in the UK to order me a 16GB on Tuesday night. It was shipped last night. Happy days! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭6541

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm tempted. Can I clarify, best to set up a new Google Wallet account as my current one is set to Ireland, use Irish plastic, but set to ROI...use Parcel Motel (n00b) and collect the device in Belfast, or..?

I probably have that wrong.
    ETA, OK, I think understand a bit better now from reading the thread. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Tinie wrote: »
    They released the funds back into my account virtually the instant (or at least within an hour) I got the cancellation email, as I checked my online banking, so im guessing its purely random.

Has anybody got a number for them?

I have this number in Dublin but its dead (Gordon House, Barrow Street
    Dublin 4 IE
    +353 (1) 436 1001) and +353 (1) 436 1001) (No options there suit..)

Or an e-mail address would do..

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10 phani.k1704

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Hi lads - I ordered one - Long story short, i cancelled it straight after purchasing (Don't ask) Google also emailed saying they cancelled - due to postage address/card address mis matches. Iv been charged the full whack on my visa card though! (€248) 3 days ago... Will google repay me? Whats the best way of contacting them if not?

Same for me. In my case I ordered 8gb, on 1st sep, got cancelled on 10th sep and money came back on 10th sep. I immediately ordered 16gb, got cancelled email immediately but money is €248, deducted from bank account still didn't get back.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Just an update on this -

I ordered yesterday morning , and got an email last night at 10.30 to say it was on it's way :D:D

Can't wait :D
    What date did it say the despatch by date was for you as I ordered a 16gb on tuesday and it said despatch by 16th and its still not despatched :confused:

• Advertisement

It said the 16th , ordered yesterday morning and shipped last night .

Digitalism wrote: »
    What date did it say the despatch by date was for you as I ordered a 16gb on tuesday and it said despatch by 16th and its still not despatched :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thank you. Your order has been placed, and you will receive an email shortly with the details of your purchase.

Fingers crossed. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Thank you. Your order has been placed, and you will receive an email shortly with the details of your purchase.

Fingers crossed. :)

Did you change the address on your card to the Parcel Motel Belfast address?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Ive set up a UK google account, and am using a Uk VPN, but the country selection is set to USA, even tho the price is in pounds.
    Any idea?

201309121147.png

statto25 wrote: »
    Did you change the address on your card to the Parcel Motel Belfast address?

Something like this? This is in the email receipt. Hmm, didn't change the card as in talking to the bank about it...

Purchased from:
    Google Commerce Ltd
    Gordon House, Barrow Street
    Dublin 4
    Ireland
    GB 117 313 544

Ship to:
    Black Oil
    PMId 1234567, Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Rd
    Newtownabbey
    ANTRIM
    BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Something like this? This is in the email receipt. Hmm, didn't change the card as in talking to the bank about it...

Some of the folks here had to change their card address to the parcel motel one as the orders were being cancelled. Others were more lucky and it went straight through. I am very tempted to pull the trigger on a 16GB but changing my card address is not an option at the moment.

Second order cancelled. I give up, dont need the phone that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

Had multiple orders cancelled using visa debit, following all the steps. Tried with a credit card and it worked. Shipped yesterday and currently with parcel motel.

So perhaps credit cards work better than debit for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭pcasso

Bazinga.:D
    Mine was shipped yesterday evening.
    Next stop parcel motel hopefully.:)

selephonic wrote: »
    Had multiple orders cancelled using visa debit, following all the steps. Tried with a credit card and it worked. Shipped yesterday and currently with parcel motel.

So perhaps credit cards work better than debit for this.

Visa debit worked for me :D

Your Google Play Order from 12-Sep-2013 Has Been Shipped

:cool:

Woohoo ,

Mine has arrived at the Parcel Force Belfast depot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭pcasso

Woohoo ,

Mine has arrived at the Parcel Force Belfast depot :)
    and mine:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

Thought mine had arrived as I got a text this morning saying I had a parcel awaiting pick up. Turned out to be a pair of slippers as a welcoming gift from Parcel Motel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Excellent, ordered Wed and it shipped yesterday, in Belfast now, no hassle whatsoever. Hopefully only another day using my brick festival phone! Cheers OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

If anyone on here is having difficulty getting their hands on one I am selling mine. You can go through the thread history and see I only have mine a week. PM me if interested,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭DjembaDjemba

Pm1e wrote: »
    If anyone on here is having difficulty getting their hands on one I am selling mine. You can go through the thread history and see I only have mine a week. PM me if interested,

Why are you selling if you dont mind me asking as my last order about a week ago was cancelled by google.

Pm1e wrote: »

I see you've only had it less than 4 days. You can return it to Google within 7 days under EU law if you are not happy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

I see you've only had it less than 4 days. You can return it to Google within 7 days under EU law if you are not happy with it.

I may do that, thought that seeing as so many on here looking for it someone may be happy to take it.

Got the text a few minutes ago. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Oscar_Drai

Hi,

I've already got my 8Gb Nexus 4. Now I see the following on my bank statement:

RATE 0.8415, CHARGE 2.01, ERTF 2.01

I understand the first is the exchange rate, but the second and the third charges seem like they came out of nowhere. Anyone has any idea of what they are?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

anybody else finding that the SMS notification volume is pathetic on the Nexus 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Oscar_Drai wrote: »
    Hi,

I've already got my 8Gb Nexus 4. Now I see the following on my bank statement:

RATE 0.8415, CHARGE 2.01, ERTF 2.01

I understand the first is the exchange rate, but the second and the third charges seem like they came out of nowhere. Anyone has any idea of what they are?

Thanks.

Exchange Rate Transaction Fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Oscar_Drai

Exchange Rate Transaction Fee

Thanks! And the CHARGE 2.01€, what is that for?

Advertisement