Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 8GB £159, 16GB £199

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

anyone know the mms settings for 48.ie for it?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

It's on their website isn't it? I just look for any android phone and copy the settings from their Help section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

It's on their website isn't it? I just look for any android phone and copy the settings from their Help section.
    Tried 48 settings it but no joy sending picture messages, just thought if anyone here is on 48 and has it going they could share how to configure it with me

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Pique wrote: »
    After all I've read about the Nexus 4 fragility, I'm curious how many people will be looking for a replacement back in the next few weeks.

According to the common consensus out there, buy a good case capable of absorbing impacts.

Just get a vinyl skin from dbrand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭balcan

dub722103 wrote: »
    Hi all

Im trying to order one of these. I signed in with my old gmail, registered in Ireland and im getting a message say im signing in from an unusual location.
    I confirmed with my phone number and got a text which gave me a pin number to proceed. Then got to the next stage.

You think its safe to use this or is it better to create a new gmail account and register in the UK.

My current phone is broke and im going on holiday next week so I need it to arrive by Friday at the latest.

or....

does anyone know a simple to use program like tunnelbear for Spain as I have an address I can send it to there.

Just back from wk in lanzarote
    Was able to get to order the device from my phone through hotels WiFi no problem
    Unfortunately they are out of stock for both 8 & 16gb versions
    This was a couple of days ago,so they may have re-stocked since
    Hope you get sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Tried 48 settings it but no joy sending picture messages, just thought if anyone here is on 48 and has it going they could share how to configure it with me

Have it working on 48 no bother,here's the settings I used:

Name: 48 Internet
    APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    Proxy: leave blank
    Port: leave blank
    Username: leave blank
    Password: leave blank
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MS Port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Type: default

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭djr

hallo,

i don't suppose anyone has gotten two of these when they wanted one, or decided not to keep the one they got? i've tried about 50 times now over the last few days to get one ordered, and it always gets cancelled straight away. i've been using tunnelbear, have tried multiple gmail accounts, and all the permutations i can think of. have had to ring the bank multiple times to get my card unblocked. the payments go through ok, the €254 gets 'reserved', but the transaction still get's cancelled 2-3 minutes later. got a 7 last year for the missus alright, that was nowhere near as much trouble, but i'd guess they've improved the gotcha logic in the back end.

i'd pay whatever you paid + delivery to dublin or collection or whatever, just don't want to have to pay the extra 50 or 60 that most ebay sellers are looking for.

i'm looking for the 16gb model :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Keep getting "We are out of stock. Please check back soon."

oh well, looks like it's out of stock in the UK as of this morning. poo. did anyone manage to get a spare 16gb, or change their mind after getting one? will pay cost and delivery :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pms7

Have it working on 48 no bother,here's the settings I used:

Name: 48 Internet
    APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    Proxy: leave blank
    Port: leave blank
    Username: leave blank
    Password: leave blank
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MS Port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    Authentication Type: PAP
    APN Type: default

Got sorted using these settings week ago, all fine. No data today, went digging. My APN was now internet.proximus.be 48 settings gone! I did not put this in, whats going on?? Now when I am adding new APN, when save it, it deletes it! Please help..

Just restarted phone and ones I saved showed up. Sorted. Would like to know where internet.proximus.be came from though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

djr wrote: »
    hallo,

i don't suppose anyone has gotten two of these when they wanted one, or decided not to keep the one they got? i've tried about 50 times now over the last few days to get one ordered, and it always gets cancelled straight away. i've been using tunnelbear, have tried multiple gmail accounts, and all the permutations i can think of. have had to ring the bank multiple times to get my card unblocked. the payments go through ok, the €254 gets 'reserved', but the transaction still get's cancelled 2-3 minutes later. got a 7 last year for the missus alright, that was nowhere near as much trouble, but i'd guess they've improved the gotcha logic in the back end.

i'd pay whatever you paid + delivery to dublin or collection or whatever, just don't want to have to pay the extra 50 or 60 that most ebay sellers are looking for.

i'm looking for the 16gb model :-/

WHat about your irish billing address with Parcel motel postcode and country UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

djr wrote: »
    oh well, looks like it's out of stock in the UK as of this morning. poo. did anyone manage to get a spare 16gb, or change their mind after getting one? will pay cost and delivery :-/

Just sent you a PM.

WHat about your irish billing address with Parcel motel postcode and country UK?

tried that too, along with irish phone numbers, uk phone numbers. tried everything over the course of 3-4 days. have just had an offer of one from a kind soul though, so may go down that road. they're out of stock now in the UK play store anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

My play store is in pounds. Anyway I can change to the Irish store? Or is the English one better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

I reckon this should be expired. Showing as out of stock for both models and hardly going to be resupplied with the impending arrival of the nexus 5.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

looking for spare 8gb still!

eBay.ie Nexus 4

Around 273€ for 16gb delivered here on eBay.
    Reputable settler too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Will they be back in stock? (The 16gb version)
    And what's the best way to buy it and get it here...

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Will they be back in stock? (The 16gb version)
    And what's the best way to buy it and get it here...

Doubtful. They reduced the price to clear them out for the nexus 5 which will more than likely be announced next month.
    Only way you will get a nexus 4 now is on eBay/adverts or from a shop which sells them.
    Best bet would be eBay/adverts route.
    I posted an eBay link up above which only worked out at about 24€ dearer them the play store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭try

mcw92 wrote: »
    eBay.ie Nexus 4

Around 273€ for 16gb delivered here on eBay.
    Reputable settler too.

Could be caught for VAT / Duty as this is from Hong Kong

International Buyers - Please Note:

a) Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility.
    b) Please check with your country's custom office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding/buying
    c) FedEx / TNT might collect VAT and duty on behalf of HMRC. A separate invoice will be billed to your address. Please check with your local HMRC office for more details.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I'm selling mine on adverts (16GB) for those interested, lovely phone but just can't get into Android OS currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Tinie wrote: »
    I'm selling mine on adverts (16GB) for those interested, lovely phone but just can't get into Android OS currently.

Can't find your ad on adverts for Portlaoise?

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Can't find your ad on adverts for Portlaoise?
    Its Waterford :P

• Registered Users Posts: 31 chee

I have to return faulty Nexus out of the box, I requested RMA from Google play for refund and received Parcel force prepaid bag to return Nexus through PM.
    Anyone any idea how I can send this phone back via parcel force or any other way to return phone?

Many thanks for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

looking for spare 8gb still!

Adverts and DD have plenty at the moment, might be your best bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

On adverts unused versions are going for 320. You can get it delivered from amazon for 328.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yeah pointless buying at those prices.

yeah pointless buying at those prices.

You should bought the 16gb when it was was in stock. Your not going to find a new condition 8gb being sold for cost price as they are more valuable now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Meh, just wait for the nexus 5 to come out, the nexus 4 then becomes much less valuable. Then I'll buy it. I presume we won't get the nexus 5 here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Meh, just wait for the nexus 5 to come out, the nexus 4 then becomes much less valuable. Then I'll buy it. I presume we won't get the nexus 5 here?

That is exactly what I am doing! Thankfully the brother lives in San Francisco and will be home for Xmas! The Galaxy S4 will do me until then!!

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    You should bought the 16gb when it was was in stock. Your not going to find a new condition 8gb being sold for cost price as they are more valuable now.

I've already seen two on ebay but got there too late, and a third that was taken down as they found a buyer IRL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Slightly off-topic but might explain something: Google Dublin

Apparently more coming into stock in a week here at expansys: http://www.expansys.com/google-nexus-4-16gb-black-251312/

£205

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

So it seems my Nexus 4 got wet in my pocket yesterday from the rain, worked for a while last night then died suddenly. Won't turn on or reset! Can't believe a bit of rain did this.

What's the chances of getting it replaced/repaired by Google/LG?

Anybody gone through the process? I'm thinking I'll have to send it over to a mate in the UK to return it to them...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

M450 wrote: »
    So it seems my Nexus 4 got wet in my pocket yesterday from the rain, worked for a while last night then died suddenly. Won't turn on or reset! Can't believe a bit of rain did this.

What's the chances of getting it replaced/repaired by Google/LG?

Anybody gone through the process? I'm thinking I'll have to send it over to a mate in the UK to return it to them...

Water damage generally voids the warranty.

Buy a bag of rice- put the phone in the bag (with the rice), leave in the hotpress for a few days, try again. Note- any desiccant will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Water damage generally voids the warranty.

Buy a bag of rice- put the phone in the bag (with the rice), leave in the hotpress for a few days, try again. Note- any desiccant will do.
    Have it in there now, just thinking the damage is already done though, will give it a few days sure

Advertisement