Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 8GB £159, 16GB £199

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Basq wrote: »
    Am wondering if the issues with orders being cancelled is related to the card used..

.. for some reason, I couldn't add my Visa Debit card to Google Wallet. It kept defaulting to "Payment Methods" after addition but the Visa Debit card was never present.

Added my Visa credit card and ordered with that without issue.

I was able to add my visa debit card no problem, although i did it a while back with my Irish address. I just edited the address for ordering this.

I'd recommend putting in a request to Flubit. It might take you a long time to get it but you
    have a good chance of getting the cheaper price, free shipping and eventual delivery to Parcel Motel.
    Flubit changed there policies lately and you can only buy from amazon with them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DeborahReyes

I want so damn to buy it, and finally moving from my old iPhone sh*t :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Well I used a Mastercard, and PM as shipping/billing addresses. It's too much of an impulse buy for me to be ringing the bank changing addresses, but I'll try setting up a new account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Flubit changed there policies lately and you can only buy from amazon with them now.

Forgot about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

added my Visa Debit without issue but it asks for a phone number
    Should I add my Irish number or will this give the game away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Anyone know why Google doesn't sell it through the Irish play store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

Quick question for the people that have had their accounts locked;
    was the order accepted and processed before-hand? and if so how soon after was the account locked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Hmmm, getting nervous now. For the people who have had orders cancelled... how quickly were they cancelled?

Every time I new mail to my gmail account I'm wondering will be a cancellation or shipping notification. I'm not cut out for this kind of thing at all... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

aye.. mines stuck at 'pending'..

Ordered about 5pm yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

Mine was cancelled, I ordered at about 12 yesterday, and got an email at around 9PM about the cancellation. Up until that point it seemed it has gone through fine and I had gotten confirmation emails and everything. Hope it works fine for everyone else anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

For anyone that does get it. - Nexus Hardcase reduced to £10.95stg.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B7QGT6U/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I despise using cases on phones, but seeing I've an unhealthy habit of dropping phones I better get one. Any recommendations for a cheap as chips one from the likes of DealExtreme/EBay/Amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Having seen the Nexus, I love the style of the back.. so I don't want a case that hides that and the Ringke Fusion is meant to be one of the best so might be worth splurging on that.

Just noticed in my google wallet under transactions the delivery and invoice addresses have no mention of my PM Id, just my name and the PM address,however if i sign into the play store and look at my order the pmid is there. Hopefully it gets shipped with the correct address.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

quick note to people: the fact you keep logging into your google account to check its status, its more than likely going to pickup on your IP address being from Ireland if your not consistently checking it over the vpn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

syncosised wrote: »
    Mine was cancelled, I ordered about 12 yesterday
    If you'd only ordered 1 or 2 you might have gotten away with it :pac:

mad turnip wrote: »
    quick note to people: the fact you keep logging into your google account to check its status, its more than likely going to pickup on your IP address being from Ireland if your not consistently checking it over the vpn.
    Surely the Google system also flags the fact that all these phones get shipped to the same parcel motel address in NI? They know well what's going on I'd say.

Mine is still at pending as well btw, and it's a "legitimate" purchase from the German play store to a German address. I doubt it means anything more than they have been a bit overwhelmed.

• Advertisement

murphaph wrote: »
    Surely the Google system also flags the fact that all these phones get shipped to the same parcel motel address in NI? They know well what's going on I'd say.

Humans might cop it but the system mightn't since we all have a different name and PM ID, the system might just think we all live on one very long road!

I would reckon it does, but the fact even one phone gets through it means it must not be much of a flag they pay attention too. Fraud is a much bigger issue and that tends to be flagged when addresses are not being matched!

The fact someone above ordered 12 would increase the fraud rating of the request in my opinion.

Mine is still at pending as well btw, and it's a "legitimate" purchase from the German play store to a German address. I doubt it means anything more than they have been a bit overwhelmed.

True, I ordered yesterday morning and it said it'l be shipped by the 2nd, the play store is now saying new orders will be shipped before the 10th so they probably have a backlog alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

mad turnip wrote: »
    The fact someone above ordered 12 would increase the fraud rating of the request in my opinion.

That was a joke... He ordered at 12 o'clock, not 12 phones ;)

True, I ordered yesterday morning and it said it'l be shipped by the 2nd, the play store is now saying new orders will be shipped before the 10th so they probably have a backlog alright.

Yeah I was told the 2nd aswell, just got to sit tight until I get that confirmed shipping email!
    That was a joke... He ordered at 12 o'clock, not 12 phones ;)

Oh haha!

On that I reckon ordering late night will increase chances a bit as they might be manually reviewed 9-5 but in the evening they might just pass through un-looked at. Theres no telling how the backend systems work but if someone gets a confirmed shipping as much info as possible will help increase other peoples success rate. Also the fact your all using the same vpn I don't think could be going down well, I myself used a different vpn altogether!

Mine has landed at PM in Belfast anyway! May have it by tomorrow if all goes well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Dman001 wrote: »
    Mine has landed at PM in Belfast anyway! May have it by tomorrow if all goes well!

When did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Nexus 4 now costs $200 in the US so if you are traveling there may save 50 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

If you'd only ordered 1 or 2 you might have gotten away with it :pac:
    Haha what a typo on my part! Ordering 12 on something like this would be a classic BA move alright. :) I meant I ordered 1 at 12 o'clock (midday), of course. :D

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    When did you order?

About 2am Wednesday morning. Literally a few minutes after the price drip was announced.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

What is Google's reasoning behind not selling these in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

soirish wrote: »
    Nexus 4 now costs $200 in the US so if you are traveling there may save 50 quid.
    plus tax in a lot of states, so up to $227

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

is it being offered by any of the providers, and they may have an exclusivity deal or something? though the entire play store was inaccessible iirc, so prob not..

/edit as above, it looks play store related alright - old article http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/google%E2%80%99s-nexus-4-launched-not-ireland-671741-Nov2012/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

What do ye guys do with your current smartphone when ye upgrade to a new one i.e. this nexus 4.

Do you sell it on ebay? Give it to friends or what? I got a windows phone a year ago but this is too good of a deal to pass up I think but not sure what to do with it, and the offers on adverts for the same phone is a bit low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I could go for one of these, but not in the mood for the hassle. :D

Digitalism wrote: »
    What do ye guys do with your current smartphone when ye upgrade to a new one i.e. this nexus 4.

Do you sell it on ebay? Give it to friends or what? I got a windows phone a year ago but this is too good of a deal to pass up I think but not sure what to do with it, and the offers on adverts for the same phone is a bit low.

Check the recycle value (Greenyourgoods etc.) and advertise for that +20%.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I think ill wait and see how you guys get on with getting these since people are having issues with orders being cancelled, before I go about getting the dosh together for it, and selling my current phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Makes sense. Hopefully it will change in not too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 oldholborn888

Humans might cop it but the system mightn't since we all have a different name and PM ID, the system might just think we all live on one very long road!

LOL. Spit tea all over myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fantastic deal - rated thread 5 stars!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fungie

I haven received any message whatsoever yet, is that normal? I ordered last night

fungie wrote: »
    I haven received any message whatsoever yet, is that normal? I ordered last night

You should have got a confirmation email with your order number etc. I got that straight after I paid.

You should have got a confirmation email with your order number etc. I got that straight after I paid.

Never got one, on the website it says it will be shipped September 10 and money was taken from my account but no email, checked spam too. Is there anything I should do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

I ordered one at lunch time on the 28th I got an email form google wallet with an order number, money debited from account etc
    Status is currently (as of lunch time today) "processing".
    Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Allyall wrote: »
    For anyone that does get it. - Nexus Hardcase reduced to £10.95stg.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B7QGT6U/
    Balls.. submitted the Ringke Fusion to Flubit to try and get a better price..

.. and seems to have sold out in the meantime! :(

EDIT: Can get it for about €16 delivered from the official site ($13.99 + $6.99 shipping) - anyone do better than that?
    EDIT 2: Can get another €2 off that by ordering on their Ebay Shop.. think that's the way to go. Doubt I'll beat €14.. though someone probably will once I place the order! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

Anyone tried getting a price match through the likes of handtec?

I'm still hurting over the Ubuntu edge tbh

I cancelled mine just in case, it just said pending and got no email confirmation.

fungie wrote: »
    I cancelled mine just in case, it just said pending and got no email confirmation.

Just in case what?

• Advertisement

marketty wrote: »
    Anyone tried getting a price match through the likes of handtec?

I'm still hurting over the Ubuntu edge tbh
    There seems to be fantastic development for this phone, one of the many reasons I grabbed one. A big one for me was the development of Ubuntu for it. Looking forward to seeing how a Desktop OS can port to a mobile device.

Advertisement