Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 8GB £159, 16GB £199

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fungie

Just in case what?

I never received confirmation email or any so I just cancelled, don't need it anyway. got a bit of a rush of blood to the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,168 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ordered it earlier, got confirmation email ,saying dispatch by 10th september. money debited from my account and sent to parcel motel.

can't see any problems really , seeing as they took my money and i provided a valid (more or less) UK address for delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

True story... just happened..

7dw5MN.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Basq, once the package hits PM in Belfast, it deductes your Parcel Motel credit. I had €3.50 of free credit to use from their sign up offer, today my Nexus reached PM and us now on route to my local Motel. My balance is currently €0 on my login page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

fungie wrote: »
    don't need it anyway. got a bit of a rush of blood to the head.

Lol.

'Keep your eye on bargain alerts' they said.

'You'll save yourself a fortune' they said.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Handier just adding your card to your PM account,they just deduct the €3.50 whenever something arrives into them.

Dman001 wrote: »
    Basq, once the package hits PM in Belfast, it deductes your Parcel Motel credit. I had €3.50 of free credit to use from their sign up offer, today my Nexus reached PM and us now on route to my local Motel. My balance is currently €0 on my login page.
    Am 99% sure it was €0.00 before it hit my account.. but topped up and e-mailed them in the meantime and they said it'll be processed and delivered in the next 24 hours.
    Handier just adding your card to your PM account,they just deduct the €3.50 whenever something arrives into them.
    Yeah, I topped up with €10.50 via Paypal earlier but will do that in future I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭basillarkin

It requires a UK no. When signing up, what did ye guys put down

It requires a UK no. When signing up, what did ye guys put down
    I put down my Irish one. Pretty sure it lets you select the Irish prefix too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

Dman001 wrote: »
    I put down my Irish one. Pretty sure it lets you select the Irish prefix too?

Yeah I put down my Irish number too, I felt like a right idiot while doing it but at the end of the day I'd rather get my money back then lose it in the post or some ****.

• Advertisement

Yeah,Irish one too.Was going to put down PM's number but thought better of it.Will probably come back to bite me on the ass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

So far:

User | ordered | status
    Dman001 |02:00 | parcel motel
    Basq | 07:30 | parcel motel
    fade2che | 13:30 | processing

Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Processing here in Google Wallet whilst Pending in Google Play
    Dunno is that a good sign or not

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 15 oldholborn888

11.30 am yesterday. Processing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

9:57 yesterday morning still processing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

02:00 Thursday morning, still pending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Ok, I have a UK IP address through Tunnelbear and can access the UK Play Store, and select the Nexus, but when I sign in using my Google Account, I get the message that 'this product is not available in your country yet' - I don't get to the payment screen.

What am I doing wrong?

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Ok, I have a UK IP address through Tunnelbear and can access the UK Play Store, and select the Nexus, but when I sign in using my Google Account, I get the message that 'this product is not available in your country yet' - I don't get to the payment screen.

What am I doing wrong?

your google account is registered to ireland, you need to create a new one I believe!

What am I doing wrong?

You need to set up your Google wallet with your parcel hotel northern Ireland address

You need to set up your Google wallet with your parcel hotel northern Ireland address

Done.

• Advertisement

mad turnip wrote: »
    your google account is registered to ireland, you need to create a new one I believe!

So do I need to create a new account using the UK IP address and then add my credit card to that account with my Parcel Motel address?

So do I need to create a new account using the UK IP address and then add my credit card to that account with my Parcel Motel address?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

If anyone gets one of these and decides it was an impulse buy let me know. I went for the WP Ativ S on another BA a few days ago and don't want to order this while I give WP a try buy might want to switch in a few weeks.

Mine's currently 'In Transit' from ParcelMotel anyways... it normally arrives about midnight in Sligo.

Basq wrote: »
    Mine's currently 'In Transit' from ParcelMotel anyways... it normally arrives about midnight in Sligo.

when did you order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I ordered mine at 9:57 this morning and it's showing as pending in Google Play...

Ya lucky duck!

when did you order?
    About 7.30am yesterday morning.

Ordered at about 4pm yesterday.Play says pending,Wallet says processing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I ordered just before 7pm yesterday and just got a dispatch mail from Google.

mcgovern wrote: »
    I ordered just before 7pm yesterday and just got a dispatch mail from Google.

Still hope for people who ordered earlier yesterday so. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭tomslick

I ordered at 23.45 last night and is still processing. Still hoping all will be fine.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 71 ✭✭JackD9922

When does this offer end??

JackD9922 wrote: »
    When does this offer end??

its a price drop, not an offer, so never? Eventually a new model will come out which will equal an increase in price but until then its a price drop but people have ideas its to sell of the last few thousand before they put the new model on sale! (Which has not been announced at all)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Natakranta

I couldn't resist and I've just ordered 16GB one. Now fingers crossed and let's hope Google won't cancel my order. Order confirmation state dispatch date up to 10th Sep. Please be sooner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Would this be much better than the Xperia T? Have someone in the UK that will order and send on for me

Mine has reached my local Motel! Blah, will have to it till morning to collect it! Hope everyone gets theirs fulfilled soon too! :)

Dispatched! Whoo Hooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Same as, got an email saying it was dispatched tonight.. Wonder if I'll get it on Saturday....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 itoro

@galwayg/paddy_man was it a 16Gb? My 16Gb is still stuck on pending and I have a feeling it may be canceled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭dlm

Would this be much better than the Xperia T? Have someone in the UK that will order and send on for me

For the XT:
    better camera - the 4 wont replace a cheap point-and-shoot whereas the T might
    Micro-SD slot
    Playstation certified

For the N4:
    The latest version of android and expected to receive future versions
    A quad-core CPU @1.5GHz, faster graphics chip and 2GB of RAM compared to the T's dual-core CPU @1.5GHz, slower graphics chip and 1GB of RAM. (The T's RAM is probably the weakest point, the CPU and GPU are still reasonably fast)

Batteries in both phones are middling compared to the competition. Both have NFC, 720P screens.

If your XT isnt locked down by a carrier you can bootloader unlock it and flash ROMs if that's your thing. Sony are among the best at supporting ROMs for their phones. The N4 is built for this though.

If you're OK with only a basic camera and your music and photos in the cloud the N4 gives you the latest version android plus updates and a slightly faster phone. If you need more local storage and a good camera and dont mind older versions of android the XT is better.

Yep, mine arrived at my local ParcelMotel just before 1am last night. Will collect shortly.

EDIT: Both myselfs and DMan's were 8GB's - wonder does this explain the quick despatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

One question for those who have ordered, how much is it in Euros to get a 16gb one with shipping and whatnot?

Thanks!

Yep, mine arrived at my local ParcelMotel just before 1am last night. Will collect shortly.

EDIT: Both myselfs and DMan's were 8GB's - wonder does this explain the quick despatch?

I wonder are you both with the same bank? Maybe that's what's slowing up the other orders.

8Gb version here as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Put a demand in with flubit but came out as 280 sterling for a 16gb... Wonder why price hasn't dropped with them? Need to pay with PayPal as I have funds I need to use up:-(

Just picked up mine... looks good!

5AGngv.jpg

Oh, and have my Ringke Fusion Case ordered too (came back in stock at Amazon).
    kingbob387 wrote: »
    One question for those who have ordered, how much is it in Euros to get a 16gb one with shipping and whatnot?

Thanks!
    It was £199.99 for the 16GB + £9.99 shipping = £208.99 - which is €244.91 according to XE) - plus a Parcel Motel charge of €3.50 = €248.41 so just call it slightly under €250 rounding up for currency fluctations etc.

My 8GB still hasn't showed up on my Visa funnily enough.
    JAMM222 wrote: »
    Put a demand in with flubit but came out as 280 sterling for a 16gb... Wonder why price hasn't dropped with them? Need to pay with PayPal as I have funds I need to use up:-(
    Since they'll only accept Amazon URL's and it's only really third party sellers that are selling it, they probably can't afford to drop the price.

Odds are they'd make a loss by selling at what they're going for on Google Play right now versus what they paid for it initially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

kingbob387 wrote: »

Thanks!

€240 all in.

I think it's the fact that ye got in early.

I got my dispatch notification for a 16GB model at about 11:40 last night. I ordered on Wednesday at approx 7pm.

I'm sure it's more than a little randomized, but in case it helps to analyse a trend, here is some info on my order.

Used Tunnelbear before opening browser.
    Used my existing Google AC which had plenty of app purchases.
    Added a new Credit Card (not debit) at the ordering screen, not to the wallet previously.
    Billing and shipping address set to PM address in NI.
    Put in my Irish Phone number - which made me a little nervous.
    Only ever checked the order status when using Tunnelbear also.

Hope that helps someone who may have had an order cancelled. That said, I'm sure pot luck has at least something to do with it.

As an aside, this is perfect timing. I'm out of contract 1 week from today, so now I'm free to go looking for the best deal out there :)

People on HotUKDeals are mentioning that their 'Pending' orders have started showing up without shipping notification.. so maybe check your Parcel Motel accounts now or later today and see if anything has been 'Checked In'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

Got a shipping notice for my 8GB last night from google play :)
    My method was the same as Burning Eclipse except I used a debit card and logged in to check wallet without Tunnelbear a few times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement