Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 8GB £159, 16GB £199

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

Im not sure parcel motel do drops over the weekend unfort..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Mine is still pending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Just reordered the n4 again after having my first order cancelled.
    I'm thinking I better use the vpn to log into my email, surely Google will spot that my English account is being accessed from Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

Ordered one earlier through Tunnel bear and Parcel motel
    Paid by AIB mastercard

Rang AIB and they have confirmed that the order went through on their side... they also said there should be no further credit card checks and no reason for the order not to be processed...

So will hopefully have mine by next weeked :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

geecee wrote: »
    Ordered one earlier through Tunnel bear and Parcel motel
    Paid by AIB mastercard

Rang AIB and they have confirmed that the order went through on their side... they also said there should be no further credit card checks and no reason for the order not to be processed...

So will hopefully have mine by next weeked :-)

thought next delivery wasn't until sep 10th????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

thought next delivery wasn't until sep 10th????

Ohh i didn't know that... :-(

i just thought that they were dispatching them as soon as order was processed.. where is it written that the next delivery was sept 10th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

parcel motel do weekend deliveries, i got an email for an item this morning...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

mcgovern wrote: »
    Mine must have arrived in same delivery at 14:24. No word yet, was hoping to have it today

Ok, that's probably a good sign. At least, that's how I'm gonna interpret it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

i just thought that they were dispatching them as soon as order was processed.. where is it written that the next delivery was sept 10th?

it says dispatched by sep 10th underneath the price i think

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭strongback

Check your google play account. I ordered in the early hours of this morning. In my google play a/c it says:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 chris.c2010

strongback wrote: »
    Check your google play account. I ordered in the early hours of this morning. In my google play a/c it says:

Mine had the same dispatch date but it shipped yesterday! I ordered on thursday night though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Anyone tried to order this lately? I can add the phone to the basket on play store but as soon as I login to my google account it gives me the not available in your country message. This is all through tunnel bear.
    I know others have mentioned using existing google accounts to order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

12 element wrote: »
    Anyone tried to order this lately? I can add the phone to the basket on play store but as soon as I login to my google account it gives me the not available in your country message. This is all through tunnel bear.

Is it an Irish or UK Google account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Mine was cancelled, oh well. Couldn't be arsed going through it again. How long before the money goes back into my account?

Mine had the same dispatch date but it shipped yesterday! I ordered on thursday night though.

Good news hopefully I won't have to wait until the 10th. That's is I can avoid getting cancelled.

12 element wrote: »

I used my Irish google wallet and just changed the billing and delivery address to parcel motel. I'm still pending so I could get cancelled.

I ordered from a UK server I have access to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Is it an Irish or UK Google account?

Just my regular google account. so Irish I presume! Others have mentioned that they used their regular Google accounts and received the phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Why oh why do I have to look through Bargain Alerts... :pac:

Oooh 600 posts :D

Edit: Nevermind..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I am thinking about jumping aboard, but what happens if I receive a faulty phone? What if I have to return it for some unforeseen reason? Will having used the parcel motel proxy cause any problems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I am thinking about jumping aboard, but what happens if I receive a faulty phone? What if I have to return it for some unforeseen reason? Will having used the parcel motel proxy cause any problems?

I wouldn't think so, post it back to them in the normal way, then receive a new one/repaired one back via parcel motel again. Also maybe someone would know, can you bring to phonemenders as aren't phone warranties European wide? (could be wrong on the last point)

• Advertisement

http://www.fonemenders.ie/mobile-phone-repairs-ireland.php
    Fonemenders are an authorized repair centre which means once your phone is less than two years old and purchased within the EU Fonemenders can carry out the repair for free using your manufacturer warranty. (You don’t need your receipt – we can track the warranty from the handset)

Note: LG warranty is generally valid for a 12 month period the only exception to this is for 3 Ireland customers who are entitled to a two year warranty.

If your warranty does not cover the cost of the repair we offer a quick quality repair using genuine parts at a low cost to you.

I guess it would be an LG warranty. If it was faulty on delivery, should it be sent to Google, or Fonemenders? Google I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ringside

Mine must have arrived in same delivery at 14:24. No word yet, was hoping to have it today

Same boat as well. Called PM twice on sat to ask about delay. Non convincing answer from someone that sounded under pressure that it would appear in my box yesterday at some stage. Good to know others have the same issue and mine didn't go MIA ago by itself. Assume it's a logistical/technical issue and it'll appear tomorrow morning like a tom cat after a good night out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

ringside wrote: »
    Same boat as well. Called PM twice on sat to ask about delay. Non convincing answer from someone that sounded under pressure that it would appear in my box yesterday at some stage. Good to know others have the same issue and mine didn't go MIA ago by itself. Assume it's a logistical/technical issue and it'll appear tomorrow morning like a tom cat after a good night out....
    Same boat here told me it would appear yesterday afternoon in my parcel motel account but no sign of it yet

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

The courier collected the dud from your address in Ireland? I would have thought they would only collect in the UK.

iknorr wrote: »
    30-08-2013 14:24 Belfast Central Depot Collected by addressee
    30-08-2013 09:03 Belfast Central Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery
    30-08-2013 08:26 Belfast Central Depot Received at delivery depot
    30-08-2013 01:58 National Hub Received and processed
    29-08-2013 20:44 London North West Depot Collected from customer

For the peeps who used parcelmotel/parcelforce, what does your parcel force tracking show? is it the same as above when its delivered to parcelmotel?
    Have the same details here delivered and signed for at 14:24 yesterday was sort of expecting for it to have registered in my parcel motel by now.

Ok, so there are 4 of us in the very same boat here. I've still heard nothing today. How about you guys - any luck? If I don't wake up to a notification tomorrow morning, I'll be on the phone to whoever until I get a proper answer about what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Ok, so there are 4 of us in the very same boat here. I've still heard nothing today. How about you guys - any luck? If I don't wake up to a notification tomorrow morning, I'll be on the phone to whoever until I get a proper answer about what happened.

I haven't read all the posts about this to see if anyone has checked, but on one or two orders I've gotten before, some of the delivery address has been missing, so they have to try and figure out who it's for, just off the name. If you have a fairly common name, and your PMID is missing then it might take them a while to figure it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

CR 7 wrote: »
    I haven't read all the posts about this to see if anyone has checked, but on one or two orders I've gotten before, some of the delivery address has been missing, so they have to try and figure out who it's for, just off the name. If you have a fairly common name, and your PMID is missing then it might take them a while to figure it out.

Why the panic, PM do not deliver or update on weekends. You'll get them in the morning, relax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

On the Parcel Motel thread it was mentioned that if the lockers are full they can't complete your delivery.

• Advertisement

bidiots wrote: »
    Why the panic, PM do not deliver or update on weekends. You'll get them in the morning, relax

Their Twitter account says different, reports on boards and from friends all day they deliver weekends too.

bidiots wrote: »

I'm not panicking, just thinking of a possible explanation. I wish I was in the same position, I'm one of the 10th September orders, and probably going to be cancelled by then.:(

I thought they do work on Saturdays though? Fairly sure I've gotten notifications, and order updates over weekends before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Make it 5 of us mine is the very same :)

I've seen stuff checked in on the website on Saturdays but then have had to wait until Monday morning to collect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Their Twitter account says different, reports on boards and from friends all day they deliver weekends too.

I received a delivery on Saturday the 17th.

Just wondering how people filled in their address in Google Wallet.

I did this:

Name: My name My PMID Parcel Motel (all in the name text box)

Street: 1A McKinney Rd (the street box would only accept a proper street address and would not accept Parcel Motel)

City: Newtown Abbey

Post code: BT36 4PE

Just wondering if this makes a difference?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Anyone know how long it takes Google to return the money to your account after cancelling your order?

They are slowly coming down in price on ebay and the like,so will probably just get one that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭fungie

Anyone know how long it takes Google to return the money to your account after cancelling your order?

They are slowly coming down in price on ebay and the like,so will probably just get one that way.

I cancelled mine on thursday and checked bank today and it was back in my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

strongback wrote: »
    Just wondering how people filled in their address in Google Wallet.

Just wondering if this makes a difference?
    I did:
    <Name>
    <PM ID> Parcel Motel
    1A McKinney Road
    Newtownabbey
    BT36 4PE

Basq wrote: »
    I did:

Cheers

It wouldn't let me put in my PMID address in the 2nd text box. In the 2nd box there was predictive text coming up with actual street addresses and it would only allow streets in their database to be used. The predictive text didn't recognise Parcel Motel so just wouldn't take it.

I've been pending since late Friday night. I guess I'll find out one way or another soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Mine was pending since I placed the order on Wednesday evening and has just been shipped about an hour ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

murphaph wrote: »
    Mine was pending since I placed the order on Wednesday evening and has just been shipped about an hour ago.
    16GB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Jonathan wrote: »
    16GB?

My 16gb is now showing as Shipped on the Play Store page, no email update or anything. Collected by Parcelforce at 1pm today. Has been saying it won't be shipped til 10th September up to now.

IkK0a8V.gif

Edit: Just got email saying it's Shipped. They're probably just spying on me or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

16Gb ordered thursday around 3pm.

Just got confirmation on shipping .

Used tunnel bear, parcel motel, but didnt notify bank to change address for mastercard.

Ordered Friday night and still pending on 16GB.

Onto PM this morning and was told that there was a technical glitch over the weekend and goods could not be checked in and that that had possibly shipped down from Belfast to Dublin on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭iknorr

Iv just logged into PM, a square package was checked in from PF 20 minutes ago. It looks fairly battered!
    Probably the phone.

Yup - mine's now in as well. Technically I shouldn't be on this thread as my delivery is a nexus 7 which was released in the UK last wednesday but parcelforce also have a nexus 4 in their belfast depo for me so that makes me semi legit.........finally :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Natakranta

Mine is still"pending" on Google wallet. Ordered Saturday night.
    At least it was not cancelled within an hour like previous two orders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Natakranta wrote: »
    Mine is still"pending" on Google wallet. Ordered Saturday night.
    At least it was not cancelled within an hour like previous two orders.

Same here, mine is pending since Friday night. Ulster bank debit card, PM billing address.
    My order is a 16gb and a 8gb

• Advertisement
Advertisement