Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 4 8GB £159, 16GB £199

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Pm1e

tui0hcg wrote: »
    Ordered 8GB Friday at 10am – still pending :confused:
    Used a UK account on UK server (at work :)!!)
    Irish Debit card

Now I see this - http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/2/4688266/8gb-nexus-4-sells-out-on-google-play

Nooooo - ordered mine Sunday night, praying I made the cut as I sold my iPhone lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Ordered mine (16Gb) on Wednesday eve, Thursday, spent weekend in England and arrived in Galway this morning. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

I ordered on Saturday and I've just got notification of shipping!
    16gb, old g-mail account that I've used for years but not for buying before.
    Tunnel bear, and BOI Mastercard Credit card!

Pm1e wrote: »
    Nooooo - ordered mine Sunday night, praying I made the cut as I sold my iPhone lol

Hang on folks, fret not, is this in the US store? I think so,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Hang on folks, fret not, is this in the US store? I think so,
    It is, but I'd say UK wont be far behind with it being hot hot hot on Hotukdeals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

mine arrived in parcel motel this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭strongback

mad turnip wrote: »
    mine arrived in parcel motel this morning :)

How long did it take to get from Belfast to your Parcel Hotel pick up point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

UK is out of stock on Play store at the moment for 8GB. Can only add to wishlist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

strongback wrote: »
    How long did it take to get from Belfast to your Parcel Hotel pick up point?

checked last night at 11pm parcel motel had not even seen it at that stage, then they sent me a text at 6am saying it was in north dublin.

mad turnip wrote: »
    checked last night at 11pm parcel motel had not even seen it at that stage, then they sent me a text at 6am saying it was in north dublin.

Mine only landed in Belfast at 8am this morning so is being driven to PM in Newtownabbey at the moment. I've missed the 6am delivery to North Dublin.

Anyone know if PM do more than one delivery a day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

strongback wrote: »
    Mine only landed in Belfast at 8am this morning so is being driven to PM in Newtownabbey at the moment. I've missed the 6am delivery to North Dublin.

Anyone know if PM do more than one delivery a day?

It will be delivered tonight, after 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

to anybody looking to change the billing address to antrim

beware that you will be charged again governemnt stamp duty on your card

i was just debited 30 euro on my credit card and apparently this is the reason which obviously they forgot to mention when i changed it..

jmch81 wrote: »

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

mine is the same currently on route to newtonabbey, living in Clare any idea when I should get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Natakranta

I ordered 16GB one Saturday evening. I received email from Google today in the morning that it was shipped. Parcel force link shows it is in Belfast since today's morning 8am. I hope to collect it today in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Ordered mine last Wednesday morning,got shipping notification Friday night.Arrived up in Belfast yesterday afternoon. At the motel at 1am this morning. So far loving the phone, can't believe how fast it is!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

ballooba wrote: »
    UK is out of stock on Play store at the moment for 8GB. Can only add to wishlist.

I can add to basket now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

j4vier wrote: »
    to anybody looking to change the billing address to antrim

beware that you will be charged again governemnt stamp duty on your card

i was just debited 30 euro on my credit card and apparently this is the reason which obviously they forgot to mention when i changed it..

Doesnt sound right-are you sure the stamp duty wasn't just due now?

Tinie wrote: »
    I can add to basket now.
    It's going to be Russian roulette now with more released for order as existing orders get cancelled. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Doesnt sound right-are you sure the stamp duty wasn't just due now?

no stamp duty was charged and always has been charged in april

i just rang them there, and the explanation was that i had changed the billing address outside ireland

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Ordered mine last Wednesday morning,got shipping notification Friday night.Arrived up in Belfast yesterday afternoon. At the motel at 1am this morning. So far loving the phone, can't believe how fast it is!

Cannot wait now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pms7

Ordered 8GB Fri 30th, still PENDING, ships by Sept 10th.

Why is everyone else getting theirs ? :confused:

pms7 wrote: »

Is Sept 10th not the latest it will be shipped, rather than when it will be shipped... it will likely ship well before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭pms7

Thanks, hadn't seen this. Reducing the price for phones they don't have??

Any idea when in, or better off ordering 16GB?

Is everyone going for the 8gb? is the extra 8gb worth the extra €40 or so with things such as skydrive and spotify?

is there any mp3 streaming service that you can stream music off that you uploaded with android?

• Advertisement

Is everyone going for the 8gb? is the extra 8gb worth the extra €40 or so with things such as skydrive and spotify?

is there any mp3 streaming service that you can stream music off that you uploaded with android?

I ordered 8gb and now thinking I should have gone with 16

do you get charged as soon as you place the order or is it just before its shipped, as I want to have a think about this for a few hours, but would order it providing I can cancel it in a few hours should I change my mind as I dont want it to go OOS again, and possibly permanently.
    I ordered 8gb and now thinking I should have gone with 16

thing is though, on my current phone, I barely use 8gb with apps and music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Google Play Music allows you to upload ur music to the cloud and stream to ur device. Not tried it yet but have. Heard good things about it

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jumbi2000

pms7 wrote: »

Ordered mine on Thursday morning 8am and still PENDING like yourself pms7..

8GB model and also hoping it ships and does not get cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Bing_IRL

Looks like the 8gb is going out of stock completely folks. link

I ordered a 16gb on friday evening and it's with Parcel Motel now. Just FYI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Bing_IRL wrote: »
    Looks like the 8gb is going out of stock completely folks. link

I ordered a 16gb on friday evening and it's with Parcel Motel now. Just FYI

That's only the US Play Store.

I've an S4 so I went with the 8 gig as I'll mostly be playing around with it rather than using it day to day...probably...maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 chris.c2010

Anyone know how long it takes Parcel Motel to deliver? My phone has been in transit since yesterday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

hmmm , looks as if my money has been refunded, but the order is still down as pending. FYI i ordered the 8gb one on thursday afternoon

2smiggy wrote: »
    hmmm , looks as if my money has been refunded, but the order is still down as pending. FYI i ordered the 8gb one on thursday afternoon
    Could be the pre-auth expiring?

2smiggy wrote: »

Dang

What happens should we need a replacement/phone fixed? Do we need to send it up to PM to get it collected there?

What happens should we need a replacement/phone fixed? Do we need to send it up to PM to get it collected there?
    For those living within convenient distance of the border it's not an issue. Just drop up some Saturday and hand it in at the post office. I assume. That's how I returned something to Amazon on the weekend. Newry is 1 hour from Dublin? Do a bit of grocery shopping while you're there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Could be the pre-auth expiring?

could be that google have been too slow in dispatching and claiming the funds from my account. hopefully this is the case. but will they need my permission again to take the funds ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

n1ck wrote: »
    I've had this phone for a few months and if you're looking for a cover i'd recommend this one:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Black-Soft-TPU-Bumper-Frame-Case-Cover-For-LG-Google-Nexus-4-LG-E960-/290957889440?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item43be710fa0

It's as knock off of the official one but its pretty good, no damage done to my phone after i dropped it!
    How long does it take to arrive? Do you find the sides get in the way when swiping across the screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

GobBass wrote: »
    That specifically says US, it even says it will continue to be sold in other markets until stock runs out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

GobBass wrote: »

That specifically says US, it even says it will continue to be sold in other markets until stock runs out.
    And it has been posted a few pages back already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

Sorry chief, haven't been back-reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Just ordered the 16gb. Says it will ship on the 10th Sept.

Fingers crossed it will ship as I really want this phone now!!!

Cant seem to order the 8gb. Looks like its the 16gb if I decide to go for this phone. May decide soon!

Just ordered the 16gb. Says it will ship on the 10th Sept.

Fingers crossed it will ship as I really want this phone now!!!
    They all say that. Google seems not too good on updating the order status?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Natakranta

Collected mine 2 hours ago from parcel motel box in Dublin.
    After 2 failed attempts I finally have it!
    Tomorrow fastboot oem unlock :)

Thanks a mill fellow boardees! Couldn't do it without your posts and support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Pay day Thursday, hopefully going to order then!

• Advertisement

Picked mine up just now. Arrived in Dublin at 11.45pm. I still haven't got a text message, the pin came up when I checked the parcel motel website.

Ordered the 16gb at 3.00am Saturday so a 4 day turn around from order to getting it into my hands.

It looks good, nice and slim with a diamond effect patterned back. The OS is dead familiar to any android phone user.

Advertisement