Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Differences between UK and IE Firmware WP8?

• 28-08-2013 2:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

In relation to the above I have a Sim-Free UK Lumia 820. It's a great phone but the one thing that bugs me is that when typing web addresses or e-mail addresses the default domain is '.co.uk' which is rarely used by me, if at all.

My Irish Lumia 800 had '.com' as default. Now I know I can longpress the domain and I get the option to choose another but I can't set it as default on my 820.

Would anyone with an Irish WP8 check their IE to see if they have the .com like in WP7 or is it also defaulting to uk?

It's a first world problem I know but would like to see if it can be rectified by flashing with an Irish Rom.

Oh..btw..I tried switching to a US keyboard..but I immediately saw that it changes the dictionary to US. Thanks for helping guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

FGR wrote: »
    In relation to the above I have a Sim-Free UK Lumia 820. It's a great phone but the one thing that bugs me is that when typing web addresses or e-mail addresses the default domain is '.co.uk' which is rarely used by me, if at all.

My Irish Lumia 800 had '.com' as default. Now I know I can longpress the domain and I get the option to choose another but I can't set it as default on my 820.

Would anyone with an Irish WP8 check their IE to see if they have the .com like in WP7 or is it also defaulting to uk?

It's a first world problem I know but would like to see if it can be rectified by flashing with an Irish Rom.

Oh..btw..I tried switching to a US keyboard..but I immediately saw that it changes the dictionary to US. Thanks for helping guys!

I have an O2 branded HTC 8S here that shows .co.uk in IE by default. I also have a former AT&T Lumia 920 that showed .com and after flashing it to the Amber French ROM, I've set it like this...

Keyboard: English US
    Phone Language: English
    Regional format: Ireland (English)
    Browser and Search Language: English (Ireland)

I have both English US and English UK installed as keyboard languages on both phones so when I'm in IE I hit the ENG key and switch it to US for the .com, and then if writing a text I can change it back to UK for the spelling.

Not perfect, but the best compromise I've found.

Advertisement