Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Happening Clubs in Dublin City Center

Options
  • 28-08-2013 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I am staying in Dublin for past 10 months in city center. I have visited most clubs in temple bar area and harcourt street. I would like to know clubs which are well known for each day of the week like Tuesday Diceys and Wednesday ??? . I would also like to know clubs which are pick up joints apart from Coppers & Dicey especially in temple bar area. Do any one know clubs for late 20s.

Thank You all . Awaiting replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jaysus.

Where. To. Begin. :eek:

OP; every 'joint' in Dublin is a pick up joint if you're good enough. Why have strangers tell you where to go? Go out and go into different places and find out for yourself, variety is the spice of life ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

I really like Lost Society on South William Street, check it out, you wont be disappointed!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

All clubs are happening - if they exist, they happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Friday is a pretty dead night I think. One of the best friday nights is WAR but its not to everyones taste through

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Bar 37 on Dawson st is worth checking out if it's a slightly older crowd you're after..it's usually packed Friday nights and the music is pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

www.entertainment.ie is a good source for what club nights are on on what night.

Also www.totallydublin.com and www.dublineventguide.com

I would recommend Rira and SIN midweek as well as Whelans and the Village.

To be honest, if you include late bars with dance floors as well as nightclubs, you are looking at around 100 or so places just in the city centre. enough venues to go to 2 new places every week, for a year!

So no excuse for running out of options!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Wheres a good spot on a Thursday for over 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

TrueDub wrote: »
    All clubs are happening - if they exist, they happen.

Beautifully put, Jean-Paul Sartre couldn't have said it better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Someone said RiRa, I second this.

Pick-up joints depend on your taste. Outside the city centre you can find joints to pick up a bit of rough (cracker knackers), or in the city centre you can find everybody else.

I've always had great success at RiRa, Whelans, Palace, and that place near Phibsboro just off the North Circular (can't for the life of me remember the name...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

The liquor rooms has open where the kitchen used to be (under the clarence hotel). Its a good spot, owned by the same people who own Vintage Cocktail Club

• Advertisement

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    The liquor rooms has open where the kitchen used to be (under the clarence hotel). Its a good spot, owned by the same people who own Vintage Cocktail Club

:D The Lick-her rooms :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Caonima wrote: »

are you twelve?

chopper6 wrote: »
    Bar 37 on Dawson st is worth checking out if it's a slightly older crowd you're after..it's usually packed Friday nights and the music is pretty good.

Never been here - is it good?

This isnt AH, grow up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Someone said RiRa, I second this.

Pick-up joints depend on your taste. Outside the city centre you can find joints to pick up a bit of rough (cracker knackers), or in the city centre you can find everybody else.

I've always had great success at RiRa, Whelans, Palace, and that place near Phibsboro just off the North Circular (can't for the life of me remember the name...)

Mc Gowans? (spelling?)

Mr Simpson wrote: »
    This isnt AH, grow up

Hold on, the OP started a thread indicating a good place to pick up girls ;) Surely AH material, n'est-ce pas?

joeguevara wrote: »
    Mc Gowans? (spelling?)

That's the one, thank you very much :)

Hold on, the OP started a thread indicating a good place to pick up girls ;) Surely AH material, n'est-ce pas?

No, and if you have an issue with a mod instruction, take it to pm, dont argue on thread

So we can still talk about pick-up joints then.

Well then, I'll plum for McGowans (as Joeguevara kindly reminded me). Great place for a night out, and a rake of girls in there usually. Sadly prone to a few scraps kicking off from time to time, but if you throw a stone in Dublin, you'll hit a club with fights.

Advertisement