Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheaper ipad at Dublin Airport, or Spain?

• 28-08-2013 3:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

Im looking to buy an ipad mini for my mums birthday. The 16gb model will be sufficient. My flight is at 7am Sunday, so i am wondering where can/should i buy the ipad?

Dublin retail store (harvey normans) ?
    Dublin Airport (if shops are open that day and time) ?
    Spain. Alicante airport, torrevieja locality. ?

She lives in spain.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

In Dublin you will pay €339 for the mini.

I don't know if it will be cheaper in the airport as you are flying to an eu country.

In Spain you will pay €329 for the mini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

The Spanish power adapter she needs will be different to Irish spec one of course- So for that reason alone I guess worth buying in Spain...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

You can get it through John Lewis in the UK, and delivered through Parcel Motel, for less than €320. You get a 2 year warranty through them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

This is probably cheapest: http://store.apple.com/ie/product/FD531B/A/refurbished-ipad-mini-with-wi-fi-16gb-white-silver?fnode=0a2118df35f5f863305754e8c9c7873fd435b9cb1dbaba02c7d4ab338c1fb943b88f27d6dfb79bc2b1aaaccc37a50085
    Otherwise Dublin airport would be my guess (shop will be open, but you might want to ring and check if in stock) When's the birthday, new iPads out next month, current ones wil most likely be cheaper then.

Just realised you need it before Sunday, might be tight then, but it does say ships within 24hrs... Even checked apple.com/es for ya and they only have 32gb refurb models in stock (all prices €10 lower than IE).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Thanks for all the replies. It has helped me make my decision. I called Dixons in T1 and the price is €305, so I think I will go with that. The plug isn't an issue, as she has plenty of electrical stuff from Ireland and the euro plug adaptors do the trick. I could pick u a Spanish iPhone/iPad plug for little money too if I wanted. €5.99 on ebay.

I was going to pick one up for the wife too, but if the new one is out next month, I think I am going to hold off until then. I am flying to Vegas and New York in the first week of October, so I might consider picking one up over there for her. I am assuming the only difference is the plug and the price? The current ipad mini in the usa is only $329 :eek:

• Advertisement

I like getting cheap internet stuff - but seriously avoid the Ebay Iphone plugs.

the ebay ones can be electrically lethal / go on fire etc.

And any IPhone ones you might have are not powerful enough to charge the IPad or Mini (you need a 10W or 15W Apple one)

The official apple ones can be really neat and tidy (esp the USA mini plugs) much better than Irish plug + adapter.

“Roll it back”

There are some good adapters out there -
    But there are a quite a few tear-downs of those really cheap fake iplugs on youtube and they all say they are a fire hazard - kinda bit techy - but this guy is the pretty amusing with his disassemblies...

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Prices of iPads in dixons DUB airport today. Just in case someone else is looking for one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Update:

Picked up the Ipad mini 16GB in Dixons at the airport for €305. She was well happy with her prezzie.

Advertisement