Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to create one of these?

Options
  • 28-08-2013 3:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I've wanted to create one of these clips that you see frequently in peoples videos of their travels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO4iBjFrovM

It's where a map is shown and the line starts off at point A and travels to point B. I don't know what you would call this technique, but it's cool.

Anyone know if there's a name for it, and how would one go about creating it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

anyone?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm in Germany at the moment and the video won't play, but I think I know the effect you're talking about.

I guess there are any number of ways you could do it depending on the video, map image, and software you have. A quick way in PS is a moving mask with some sort of filter applied to the line to apply the end dot or dashed line.

In blender for example you can easily keyframe the line using a curve and the camera motion. If you have a video with a moving map where you want to add the line you could use the motion tracker in Blender and keyframe the line accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Anyone know if there's a name for it, and how would one go about creating it?

Cheers.

Do a Google search for something like 'flight path animation' or similar and it should get you started. How it;s created totally depends on what software you have. Pretty easy in something like After Effects etc...

Advertisement