Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire to get urban beaches and floating swimming pool

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,944 ✭✭✭✭josip

Covering 2posts here, so bear with me!
    Just supposing a guest from the Royal Marine decides they want to stroll down to the proposed baths, and I'm asking this just for supposing sake, not because I think it's got an earthly; what local business would they pass?
    From personal experience, tourists tend to stroll around, so likely they could pass the restaurants on the Metals and on up Marine Road?

I'd imagine the Royal Marine hotel would prefer to advertise their own heated pool (ironically called The Pier Health Club).
    Indeed, but many hotels have their own heating pool, mostly free for guests to use. My point is that the floating pool would be unique, and that in it's self might attract tourists to the area, and once there to walk around?

So if I understand you correctly your premise is that some tourists would come to Dun Laoghaire for the baths and stay in the Royal Marine? Strolling around would be part of what they would do during their entire stay?

Sorry, I originally thought you were suggesting that tourists who were in the Royal Marine, would stroll around on a meandering route on their way to the baths.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ReasonnLogic

josip wrote: »
    So if I understand you correctly your premise is that some tourists would come to Dun Laoghaire for the baths and stay in the Royal Marine? Strolling around would be part of what they would do during their entire stay?

Sorry, I originally thought you were suggesting that tourists who were in the Royal Marine, would stroll around on a meandering route on their way to the baths.

If I am ever visiting a city, I tend to look for local attractions before I go, and that often forms the basis for how long I stay, or what I do when I get there (i.e. stay local or travel around). I'm suggesting that having a unique attraction could benefit tourism in Dun Laoghaire.

I am also suggesting that tourists might stroll around on a meandering route either on the way or the way back from the Harbour.

Advertisement