Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy ingredients to do handmade soap in Dublin centre?

Options
  • 28-08-2013 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everybody! I am new here so this is my first post, I really hope someone can help me cause I em getting desperate
    I´ve started to make homemade soap and I am looking for shops in dublin centre where I can buy oils, essences, almond/coconut milk,etc. I´ve Goggled it so many times but I never get a satisfactory website. It seems there are only health shops but their prices are super expensive as they generally sell organic brands.
    Does somebody know where I can find an herbalist, asian shop or something similar with these type of things?I would be looking to buy lavander, almond milk, coconut milk, fruit essences, dry fruit, etc. Also, I am looking to buy 2lb of clear glycerin, any ideas?
    Many thanks in advance!!!
    Ana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭*Honey*

You can make soap from things you can buy in the supermarker... all you really need is an acid and an alkali with water. You can use 100% olive oil with caustic soda mixed with water. To get the right percentages of what you need, you'd have to check out a lye calculator such as www.soapcalc.net. If you don't, you could, at best, waste your ingredients, at worst, cause yourself some serious damage. You can get essential oils in health foods shops and chemists (not the cheapest way to go by any stretch but good for a first timer. I would advise you Google soap making forums and find a recipe (always always always run it through Soap Calc first because, just because it's in print, doesn't mean it's right).

Once you try making, you'll either love it or hate it. If you love it, don't bother having any savings, they'll be gone soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jodyraft

Ana_Dublin wrote: »
    Hello everybody! I am new here so this is my first post, I really hope someone can help me cause I em getting desperate
    I´ve started to make homemade soap and I am looking for shops in dublin centre where I can buy oils, essences, almond/coconut milk,etc. I´ve Goggled it so many times but I never get a satisfactory website. It seems there are only health shops but their prices are super expensive as they generally sell organic brands.
    Does somebody know where I can find an herbalist, asian shop or something similar with these type of things?I would be looking to buy lavander, almond milk, coconut milk, fruit essences, dry fruit, etc. Also, I am looking to buy 2lb of clear glycerin, any ideas?
    Many thanks in advance!!!
    Ana

Hi Anna

For your essential oils you can get them from a company just outside te city called bomar web is bomar.ie
    There arnt really any suppliers ere in Ireland I get all of my oils from the uk Justasoap.co.uk are good also have a look on Facebook at the EU soap conference page there are lots of soapers there from Ireland and lots of help and support there it is alot of trial and error in getting the supplies you need at a good price for basic oils I tend to get them in the wholesalers like musgraves for pomace olive oil but any of the butters like Shea or cocoa I get from the UK hope this helps if u need any other info just respond here and ill send u on any other info I have happy soaping it is addictive isn't it

Advertisement