Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orientation etc.

Options
  • 28-08-2013 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I have orientation next Wednesday; is there anything else that I need to be around for on Thursday and Friday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

No

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭21 Schump Street

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

This may sound harsh:

You're a grown up now, going home for the weekend isn't necessary. There's plenty to do around town, and you'll have housemates etc to be getting to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I disagree ninty9er. You need to go home the weekend before Fresher's week to stealget whatever free food is in your parents' house.

ninty9er wrote: »
    This may sound harsh:

You're a grown up now, going home for the weekend isn't necessary. There's plenty to do around town, and you'll have housemates etc to be getting to know.

I'm going to the Ireland match on Friday. Thanks tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aarondoc

If you've enrolled online do you have to wait around for enrollment on the day of orientation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Yep, enrollment on the day of orientation is when you'll get your student ID and get fully registered. You have to go it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bumblefoot

What exactly has to be brought to orientation?

I'm afraid I'll forget something :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jabama

do we have to move in on the 1st or can I do it later next week??

Jabama wrote: »
    do we have to move in on the 1st or can I do it later next week??

I assume this is on-campus?

It can be later in the week.

Just remember that you'll have to be there before 5:30pm during the week or you'll have to arrange it with reception beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Jabama

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I assume this is on-campus?

It can be later in the week.

Just remember that you'll have to be there before 5:30pm during the week or you'll have to arrange it with reception beforehand.

Yes, its on campus. Thanks.

Would most people stay the whole week during freshers week?

I'm not sure I'll be able stay there all next week. I only just found out that it's freshers week, I thought it was starting on the 9th :mad:

Jabama wrote: »
    Yes, its on campus. Thanks.

Would most people stay the whole week during freshers week?

I'm not sure I'll be able stay there all next week. I only just found out that it's freshers week, I thought it was starting on the 9th :mad:

Fresher's Week is the 9th. Next week is just orientation week. Some people stay, others come the night before their orientation and go home that evening.

I'd recommend hanging around just so you can get to know your housemates, but if you can't you're not going to miss out on much tbh.

Bumblefoot wrote: »
    What exactly has to be brought to orientation?

I'm afraid I'll forget something :o

passport and proof of payment of fees (i think). not sure what else

I wrote a post on everything you need to bring and what happens during orientation in the first year thread I'll see if I can find it and link it here.

Advertisement