Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice needed

• 28-08-2013 10:21am

Hi guys,
    hopefully you can help me here.  A few years ago I bought an asus laptop in the states. I now have to replace both the battery and the power supply and I'm wondering if i can buy ones here, or do I have to import one from the states.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

It would help if you'd mentioned make and model. ;)

Usually, you can buy such replacements here or online. If you're in a hurry, your local computer store might stock universal power supplies (variable voltage and a set of different connectors).

As for the battery, if you want "peace of mind" order a genuine part from the manufacturer. 3rd party replacements are cheaper but there's alsways a risk (they may not have the advertised capacity or a rather limited number of charge/discharge cycles).

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

eBay's your best bet for replacement laptop parts, you can get genuine replacements or cheap knock off's, just search your laptops model number followed by 'battery' or 'charger'

Advertisement