Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple tree - apple worms!?

• 28-08-2013 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Hi . Just a little query. We have an apple tree which is laden down with apples. They should be ripe in late October. However every day a couple fall to the ground. On examination each appears to be partly rotten with clear evidence that they have been attacked by a worm.
    Any views on this ? Thks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭qzy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭tara m

My grandfather used to use pop-sox and cut up old tights over the apples when it came to moth time, they can't get through them, air and light gets to the apples, and they stretch as the apples grow, and no chemicals - drove my grandma batty when he raided her sock drawer lol!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

tara m wrote: »
    My grandfather used to use pop-sox and cut up old tights over the apples when it came to moth time, they can't get through them, air and light gets to the apples, and they stretch as the apples grow, and no chemicals - drove my grandma batty when he raided her sock drawer lol!!!

Great idea - Pretty Poppin Tights!:D

Advertisement