Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Battery life

• 28-08-2013 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

I'm looking at getting a Tablet and will be traveling shortly on a long flight and this will be handy.

Any thoughts on the battery life if one was watching films or tv series, is this going to last 6hrs or more

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

I'm looking at getting a Tablet and will be traveling shortly on a long flight and this will be handy.

Any thoughts on the battery life if one was watching films or tv series, is this going to last 6hrs or more

Based on my personal experiences, I would say no, not quite. But it really depends on how new the battery is, how well conditioned, is it fully charged, how bright you set the screen while viewing, how large you set the video playback while viewing, how good your earphones are (planes are noisy, you will need full volume) etc.

Watching full screen you will get at least 4 hours, and up to 6, but probably not more

BTW, the Galaxy Tab 3 will be out soon - would you not hang on, or get a Note instead? or a Kindle Fire or Google Nexus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Fanny Biscuit

homer911 wrote: »
    Based on my personal experiences, I would say no, not quite. But it really depends on how new the battery is, how well conditioned, is it fully charged, how bright you set the screen while viewing, how large you set the video playback while viewing, how good your earphones are (planes are noisy, you will need full volume) etc.

BTW, the Galaxy Tab 3 will be out soon - would you not hang on, or get a Note instead? or a Kindle Fire of Google Nexus?

Thanks for your post. I'll be going away shortly and i've always brought a laptop with me but it's heavy and awkward and Tab makes more sense with it being lightweight and compact. I've held off so far but need to make a decision soon. I've my head set on a Samsung. I've just being looking around online at reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭homer911

There are good deals on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 at Dixons in Dublin Airport - might be worth considering, but of course it would be too late to load it up with movies..

Advertisement