Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from Vodafone to Eircom

• 28-08-2013 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

If I want to switch Broadband/Phone package from Vodafone can I switch immediately or have I to give notice to avois any penalties. My annual contract is well expired. Eircom look to be as competitive as them now with their current prices. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

switching can be a total and utter pain.. VF will not be any help as they are loosing you, eircom well..... Ring VF and ask them, theoritically, even say you are enquiring for a friend, and see what they say. then ring eircom and get their side of it. in fact ring eircom first. either way you may loose phone and broadband for 10 days. the big thing is your unique number that is on the second page o your bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The downtime really depends on when the old provider gets the move order. If they get before the exchange work has been listed you're of for a while but if they get it late and the jumpering is just about to be done then downtime is low. Its pot luck either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,819 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    switching can be a total and utter pain.. VF will not be any help as they are loosing you, eircom well..... Ring VF and ask them, theoritically, even say you are enquiring for a friend, and see what they say. then ring eircom and get their side of it. in fact ring eircom first. either way you may loose phone and broadband for 10 days. the big thing is your unique number that is on the second page o your bill.

I can second that!

Read this thread to see my experience of Vodafone's so-called "Customer Service Dept" so far.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057025952

Advertisement