Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long will a domestic money transfer take?

Options
  • 28-08-2013 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I need to transfer from AIB to BoI, and I just want to make sure it'll get there by tomorrow if I transfer it by 3:30.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi leem8,

If you are making the payment from AIB, you will have to contact them directly to ask how long it will take, as they may have different cut off times.  We can only advise you of our time frames.

Thanks for contacting us through boards.

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Payment transactions to payment account.
    85. (1) Subject to paragraph (2), a payer’s payment service provider shall ensure that, after the time of receipt of a payment order, the amount of the
    [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]relevant payment is credited to the payee’s payment service provider’s account[/font]

by the end of the next business day.

So if you transfer the money before AIB's daily deadline, it should reach BOI account next working day.

Advertisement