Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio rights?

• 28-08-2013 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭

Hope someone here can help me.

I listen to football on the radio a lot due to work etc.
    I use Tunein app on the iphone or tablet and most Monday night or midweek games do not play due to "no rights in your country".

So does anyone know what radio station does have the rights?

I have tried all the usual BBC's and their local stations also.
    Also tried Talksport but none seem to work.

Weekends don't matter its only mid week games that this bothers me with.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sometimes the local radio station for the teams involved will have commentary that are not blocked by these rights issues - I often listen to Radio London 94.9 for example -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

NewsTalk and TodayFM have the EPL rights in Ireland, but they choose not to use them during the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

2FM did some European matches last season

and they will be again once the CL is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I am over in the UK, I can't for example listen to commentary on BBC radio Lancashire where I am, it does my head in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

NewsTalk and TodayFM have the EPL rights in Ireland, but they choose not to use them during the week

Thats a waste and not fair to fans who want to listen to the games.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Thats a waste and not fair to fans who want to listen to the games.

it is what it is though.

It's obviously not viable for them to carry commentary during the week - radio listenership is tiny after the "drive-time" slot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

it is what it is though.

It's obviously not viable for them to carry commentary during the week - radio listenership is tiny after the "drive-time" slot

Oh I understand but the fact that we are blocked from all mid week games just annoys me.
    And as you know its all about me ! :D:p

Advertisement