Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pesto at Lidl gone?

Options
  • 28-08-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi guys,

Am I going loco or has the pesto at Lidl been removed from their selection alltogether? I have been in 4 different branches and it seems entirely gone off the shelves and even the 'price card' is not there anymore.

Please help shed some light!

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

That' s strange, I went in to get some last week and couldn't find any either.... Ended up picking up the Jamie Oliver one in Tescos.... Not a patch on the lidl one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

The green pesto in a plastic tub? If that's the one you're talking about, I picked some up in Lidl on Friday. I often go in looking for it and it's usually sold out. It seems to go quick unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lolita77

No no I actually mean the small jars (I think they are called Baresa or something) and they come in green and red pesto. Cheap and f*cking delish man:p

Lolita77 wrote: »
    No no I actually mean the small jars (I think they are called Baresa or something) and they come in green and red pesto. Cheap and f*cking delish man:p

Yep that's them.... I never even thought to add as I just assumed they were out of stock :( soooo tasty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭crappyireland

Im based in cork and saw some in my local lidl earlier..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

my wife got some in lidl in clonee last week afaik.

Sounds to me then that they didn't do any deliveries in county Meath. This is not acceptable, I might have to send a stern email

Sounds to me then that they didn't do any deliveries in county Meath. This is not acceptable, I might have to send a stern email

I'm in Louth - sort it out for me too:D

Clonee village IS Co. Meath. ;)

admittedly it's close enough to Dublin to p1$$ on it, but it's still Meath and we're very proud of it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Saw it in Lidl celbridge earlier. 3 tubs left.

• Advertisement

@vibe666: I know, I stand corrected. It so close to Dublin so that I can imagine that they are part of Dublin distribution.

Apparently there has been a very poor pine nut harvest, so that might be the reason they have gone off the shelves.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Hi guys,

Am I going loco or has the pesto at Lidl been removed from their selection alltogether? I have been in 4 different branches and it seems entirely gone off the shelves and even the 'price card' is not there anymore.

Please help shed some light!

Thank you

Would you not just have asked the staff in one of the four branches you went to?

@vibe666: I know, I stand corrected. It so close to Dublin so that I can imagine that they are part of Dublin distribution.

Apparently there has been a very poor pine nut harvest, so that might be the reason they have gone off the shelves.....
    i'm always wary of anything pine nut related after hearing about "pine mouth" on another thread here.

we get our post delivered from the coolmine post office distribution centre so i'd say you're right on the deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

I've just seen both the red and green pesto in the greenhills road branch, I stocked up :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Out of the jars in sligo too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

What happened to the Onions in Balsamic vinegar really like them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I'm almost sure I saw the jars of pesto today (Dublin, Charlestown). I do find though that they have a horrible habit of getting you hooked on something only to have it out of stock for a couple of months at a time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I've had to resort to aldi's red pesto. I actually think its nicer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

What about me pickled onions.

Advertisement