Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

little empty bottles for drinks and smoothie

Options
  • 28-08-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

where can I buy little empty bottles (very small size) in order to give home made fresh juice or smoothies in lunch box for my girl?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

where can I buy little empty bottles (very small size) in order to give home made fresh juice or smoothies in lunch box for my girl?

very small size? seen Boots do travel size empty bottles for shampoo & suncream...be handy for smoothie shots?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭simply simple

Yeah saw them, I thought the same like you but my 5 years old girl dint like those. she wont be taking them with her lunch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its often cheaper to buy containers with food and just reuse them.

How small are you talking? why was her problem with the boots ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭ozmo

The lidl/aldi kids size bottles of water are very cheap in packs of 8 or 10 for a couple euros - and they have a sports top and cap. You could refill those quite a few times.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    The lidl/aldi kids size bottles of water are very cheap in packs of 8 or 10 for a couple euros - and they have a sports top and cap. You could refill those quite a few times.
    looking for even smaller than those, something around the size of probiotic yogurt bottles, my girl is 5 and am looking to have the quantity enough to go on one go.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Its often cheaper to buy containers with food and just reuse them.

How small are you talking? why was her problem with the boots ones?
    They are tall and funny, wont look like a smoothie or yougurt bottle- ps my girl :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭ozmo

looking for even smaller than those, something around the size of probiotic yogurt bottles...

Dunno then - but just be sure it has a very secure top that wont pop off if pressure builds up & ruin her books etc. Also seeing as you are going to so much trouble making juices - you should consider some plastics may not tolerate the acidity and staining nature of juice very well. And many folk don't like to reuse plastics at all - link. maybe look out for at least HDPE plastic?

A glass jar from baby food would be ideal - small, wide mouth so easily cleanable and no chance of plastic reactions. As long as you were ok with the weight and fragile nature of glass of course.
    You may be able get a tiny stainless flask...??link

“Roll it back”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

DEALZ.....1 euro 49 cents.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Dunnes "posh" yoghurts are in little glass jars with screw on lids - I've bought a good few of them so that I can keep the jars for other things I make (yoghurts are yum too) they're 99c - they'd be more like a small jar than a bottle though but would be good & secure

Dunnes "posh" yoghurts are in little glass jars with screw on lids - I've bought a good few of them so that I can keep the jars for other things I make (yoghurts are yum too) they're 99c - they'd be more like a small jar than a bottle though but would be good & secure

dont shop in dunnes much so have never seen them but will definitely have a look. sounds like 'I found it'! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭CLARiiON

Yops now have a screw cap. Six for €3 in dunnes..might be an option

Advertisement