Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Nature dog food (Maxi zoo) changes in recipie

Options
  • 28-08-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello.
    My two dogs have been on Real Nature dog food for the last year and doing brilliantly.

I went to get a new bag last month and the packaging had changed (looking cheaper/more environmentally friendly), what I did notice more is that both the colour and smell of the food was much different.

I would not care but my retriver is refusing the food (after happily eating it and accepting it as treats for a year) and the labrador is getting some pretty bad cases of gas and bloating (not dangerously so but enough to notice that digestion is not what it should be).

Does anyone know if Real Nature have changed their recipe/ has anyone else noticed any changes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'd head straight back to MaxiZoo with it - isn't it about €60 a bag?
    I don't envy you - having to switch foods can be a nightmare. Especially with greedy bum retrievers and labs lol! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 blub78

Tell me about the greed, the lab has managed to get into the 15kg bag a couple of times. Once she was caught trying to drag it upstairs to hide it in out bed. :)

Unfortunately the bag has been thrown out already, the contents was emptied into a lab proof bin (see above why) and bag was thrown away. But I think I will go into Maxi Zoo to ask about it. It took me a while to twig that they were reacting to the food and not anything else.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Rommie

Yes the recipe has changed and they should have told you, I bought a bag a few days ago for my parents dog when I was back home and the first thing they told me was that it had changed, they've added more herbs I think and apple pomace, I was told to mix it with the old stuff and he's eating it fine mixed in. Definitely smells waaaay stronger though

Advertisement