Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat shelters - abandoned kitten

Options
  • 28-08-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I found an abandoned kitten in a plastic bag yesterday evening - she is tiny; about 4 weeks old, beautiful markings and a lovely temperament, despite her ordeal :(

Is there anywhere in Galway city/county that takes in kittens/cats, but doesn't put them down? Does the GSPCA on Augustine Street still take them in - I brought in a stray cat there a few years ago.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭jmauel

Yes GSPCA take them in, if they have space. They would probably look for someone to foster the kitten, until a permanent home is found. The galway cat rescue operates similarly. You could try contacting both. Well done on saving the little one!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Boofle

jmauel wrote: »
    Yes GSPCA take them in, if they have space. They would probably look for someone to foster the kitten, until a permanent home is found. The galway cat rescue operates similarly. You could try contacting both. Well done on saving the little one!

Thanks for that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

Boofle wrote: »
    Thanks for that. :)

Where did you find her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

You could try Galway Cat Rescue, too. Contact details can be found on facebook. Well done for rescuing the kitten!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Boofle

Eogclouder wrote: »
    Where did you find her?

I was at the Mace Shop on the Old Monivea Road and there was a few kids hanging around - one little boy had the kitten in his arms - he said he has just seen an older boy dump a bag on the nearby football pitch - there was a rock in it. The boy opened it and the poor kitten was inside it.

She was dirty and had a little blood on her but she doesn't appear to be seriously injured. She has been drinking a little milk and I got the special newborn kitten food in Pet World for her! Someone suggested I ring Ark Veterinary in the city and the girl there has fortunately agreed to take her.

I cannot believe someone could be so callous to a defenceless animal :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Well done great result you should be proud of what you done.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

Boofle wrote: »
    I was at the Mace Shop on the Old Monivea Road and there was a few kids hanging around - one little boy had the kitten in his arms - he said he has just seen an older boy dump a bag on the nearby football pitch - there was a rock in it. The boy opened it and the poor kitten was inside it.

She was dirty and had a little blood on her but she doesn't appear to be seriously injured. She has been drinking a little milk and I got the special newborn kitten food in Pet World for her! Someone suggested I ring Ark Veterinary in the city and the girl there has fortunately agreed to take her.

I cannot believe someone could be so callous to a defenceless animal :(

I try not to think about it. It'll ruin you!

Advertisement