Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mara, closing down sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Cheers OP! Got a winter suit and boots for less than €130. Suit was €250 before!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭doh777

Any opinions on the quality of their gear?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kilo_one

Was talking to a mate of mine in the know and he reckons that they get their stuff made in the same factory as C Skins and Excel which is as top quality as you can get. I've seen a few people with their suits and heard no complaints. I think they just set up at a bad time and have no choice but to wrap up the company

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I have one of thier suits, it's very well made and should last. It doen't have all the bells and whistles of the bigger brands like extra fluffy lining and fully supper stretch. But for the money it's a bargan and you can't go wrong.

FYI they are made in Thiland like 99% of the worlds good wet suits

Ordered my suit and boots wednesday, arrived today! Seems great quality, can't wait to get out in the water with it tomorrow!
    I went with the chest zip rather then the back zip so I reckon it'll take some time to get used to getting it on and off!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭varberg

Hi, am looking for A WETSUIT, am about 5 foot 8, waist about 34inches and weigh around 13 stone or so, do ye think a medium or a large would suit me best? Thanks in advance

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

varberg wrote: »
    Hi, am looking for A WETSUIT, am about 5 foot 8, waist about 34inches and weigh around 13 stone or so, do ye think a medium or a large would suit me best? Thanks in advance

I'm about 5'8 and I wear a medium suit. Not a mara one though, so their sizing could be a bit different, but I reckon a large would be too big.

varberg wrote: »

It's hard to say really! What size suit would you normally wear?
    I got a large Mara and it fits perfect, but I'm 5"11 and just touching 13 stone..
    I'd go for medium if I was you OP, it'll probly fit better I'd say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Would never buy a wetsuit online without trying it on beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

rodento wrote: »
    Would never buy a wetsuit online without trying it on beforehand

Lol I took advice from a previous thread about all that.

I have to bring back a new wetsuit i bought 3 weeks ago,today to my local shop, the neck ripped while putting it on.
    It still has that brand new smell :-)
    It hasn't even been in the water, I think I'll add money onto the original price and hopefully I can buy a better suit in my local.
    I spent a lot of money there this year, hopefully they'll exchange it without any hassle. ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Thanks for reminding me geomy, you won't get a warranty on these suits either, if the company is closing down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

rodento wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding me geomy, you won't get a warranty on these suits either, if the company is closing down

And thank you for explaining that to me in a previous thread about buying local and the benefits of it all. ..

Advertisement